Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich Town v Bolton

+26
doffcocker
observer
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Swintonwhite89
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Triumph
scottjames30
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:19

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

After this match, Dougie's record at Bolton is as follows:

Played 28
Won 11
Drawn 10
Lost 7

That's a win percentage of: 39.29%

102Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Brown had a win ratio of 40%.

103Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Phil Brown had a win ratio of 40%.

And Phil Brown is out of work. At least he is single handedly keeping the Tanning Salon /Sun Bed industry in business.

104Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 22:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw Phil Brown in Johnson Fold McDonalds not long ago. He ordered a Big Mac meal and latte, and left the gherkin on his tray. I don't think he'd be a success as Bolton manager.

105Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Mon Mar 18 2013, 11:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sgt. Bash wrote:After this match, Dougie's record at Bolton is as follows:

Played 28
Won 11
Drawn 10
Lost 7

That's a win percentage of: 39.29%

rubbish when you compare it to the likes of Fergie.

106Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Mon Mar 18 2013, 11:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

rubbish when you compare it to the likes of Fergie.

It all depends on which season you are referring to. Fergie joined United in November 1986 and his record that season was: Played 31... Won 11 Drew 11 Lost 9. One of the losses was a 4-1 drubbing away to Southampton in the FA Cup.

In Fergies full second season in charge 88/89 His record was: Played 38...Won 13, Drew 12 and Lost 13.

It's easy to be selective where Fergie is concerned.

107Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Mon Mar 18 2013, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie's early games are not representative, but now he's got his feet under the table he has responsibility. I was slightly concerned by his post match comment that we can go on another run "if we continue to play as we are" - as I think there's considerable room for improvement on recent performances. But overall, we're going in the right direction. In mitigation of Saturday's performance, Portman Rd was like a ploughed field, but we need to do better.

108Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Mon Mar 18 2013, 17:01

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It seemed we really lacked a cutting edge. One of the issues we have had this season is that we don't have a 15-20 goal striker. It could have been Sordell is he was given a run of games at the start of the season, but I don't think he is going to get a reasonable run in the side, not this season anyway. N'gog, Craig Davies, Kevin Davies; they all have their strengths, unfortunately getting goals isn't one of them.

Whatever happens at the end of the season, getting a striker that will guarantee us 15-20 goals a season is a massive must.

109Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 00:41

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Wanderers do have a chance if they can win at Charlton.We have Huddersfield and Wolves nest 2 home matches.That could put us in the mix.Leicster city IMO have the hardest run in next eight.Millwall H, Barnsley A, BrightonA, Birmingham H,Bolton H,Crystal Palace A Watford H, Notts F A Forest play brighton next match then play Burnley A they have Blackpool at home then Cardiff n Boro A.Their final 3 are Barnsley H, Millwall A Leicster city H last game.So there are some interesting finishes ahead.If Bolton can win all their remaining home matches pick up an away win and a couple of points here and there who knows.With Mark Davies pulling the strings we would have made the play offs but that's not optional but we are still in there.

110Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 08:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:It seemed we really lacked a cutting edge. One of the issues we have had this season is that we don't have a 15-20 goal striker. It could have been Sordell is he was given a run of games at the start of the season, but I don't think he is going to get a reasonable run in the side, not this season anyway. N'gog, Craig Davies, Kevin Davies; they all have their strengths, unfortunately getting goals isn't one of them.

Whatever happens at the end of the season, getting a striker that will guarantee us 15-20 goals a season is a massive must.
No striker can guarantee goals if our midfielders don't put them in with a chance. We could have played with Aguero and Messi up front on Saturday and not scored.
The problem on Saturday was that Cavies (and later SKD to a lesser extent) kept losing the ball when they got it and Ngog linked up play well when he got it but was never given it in a dangerous position where he could get a shot off. Sordell had no time to do anything. Can't judge strikers on poor/no service.

111Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 08:28

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, I agree with you. I was talking more in general this season if we had a prolific striker in our ranks. Even in the games where we played poorly under Coyle earlier in the season, I don't think we'd have lost as many points if we had a decent championship striker.

112Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 08:32

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

'With Mark Davies pulling the strings we would have made the play offs but that's not optional but we are still in there'.

I see the excuses have started to come in (a bit early). If/when we don't get promoted it will be down to one man and that man is Dithering Dougie. His inability to arrive at a seatled team and his approach to away games have cost Bolton those extra vital points we will need at the end of the season.

113Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:35

chipbutty wrote:
'With Mark Davies pulling the strings we would have made the play offs but that's not optional but we are still in there'.

I see the excuses have started to come in (a bit early). If/when we don't get promoted it will be down to one man and that man is Dithering Dougie. His inability to arrive at a seatled team and his approach to away games have cost Bolton those extra vital points we will need at the end of the season.

Nonsense Im afraid, Dougie has improved this team since he took over Coyle, and given the state we were in when he arrived, getting us promoted would be a massive achievement against the odds. We couldn't defend anything, it was never going to be an overnight job.

You need to explain dithering, what has he 'dithered' on?

114Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 13:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1874, Are you a teacher by trade ? Demanding explanations for specific words or phrases, like you do, reminds me of my school days Smile

115Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 13:11

gloswhite wrote:1874, Are you a teacher by trade ? Demanding explanations for specific words or phrases, like you do, reminds me of my school days Smile

Certainly not glos! But 'dithering' is inexplicable really, what has he dithered on? Do you know what chipbutty means?

116Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 13:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure what Chipbutty means either tbh. Someone has referred to Dougie having an ego and now we have him dithering. All I can say, is that he has done a far better job than Owen Coyle did for us in this league.

117Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 13:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:what has he dithered on?

He still doesn't know who his best striker is or his preferred midfield quartet.

118Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 14:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He still doesn't know who his best striker is or his preferred midfield quartet.
For which game?

119Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 14:26

Natasha Whittam wrote:

A manager who selects his team according to the strengths of the opposition? Outrageous, Freedman out! ::seething::

You're right let's go back to Coyle's way so you can moan about the manager never changing the side.

120Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 14:27

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm not sure what Chipbutty means either tbh. Someone has referred to Dougie having an ego and now we have him dithering. All I can say, is that he has done a far better job than Owen Coyle did for us in this league.

:clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum