Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich Town v Bolton

+26
doffcocker
observer
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Swintonwhite89
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Triumph
scottjames30
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

If it wasn't for Dougie we'd be languishing in the bottom half and you'd still be saying he would take us down, at least your negativity has been upgraded to failed promotion I suppose.

We got to where we were with an improvement in the defence, mainly down to the signing of Dawson.

We've been pretty lucky in the recent good run, only in the Hull game did we actually play well.

Freedman's ego prevents him from giving Sordell a fair crack despite him still being the most likely to score goals in my opinion.
Can't be sure why Sordell hasn't played - you may be right. Yesterday would have suited Sordell, but I reckon the problem was the lack of quality service, so I don't think any of the strikers could have done much.

82Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:10

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

If it wasn't for Dougie we'd be languishing in the bottom half and you'd still be saying he would take us down, at least your negativity has been upgraded to failed promotion I suppose.

We got to where we were with an improvement in the defence, mainly down to the signing of Dawson.

We've been pretty lucky in the recent good run, only in the Hull game did we actually play well.

Freedman's ego prevents him from giving Sordell a fair crack despite him still being the most likely to score goals in my opinion.

The improvement in defence and fitness is down to Freedman, it was he who brought in Dawson.

Freedman's ego prevents him playing Sordell?? You'll need to explain this more.

I'd have thought his attitude in training is what's stopping him playing, I'd expect you to applaud a manager who doesn't take shit off the players.

83Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:12

For me the biggest issue is the lack of creativity and pace from midfield, nobody runs beyond or beats a man or gets to the byline anywhere near enough. I expect Dougie to address it in summer now the defence is looking more solid.

84Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:For me the biggest issue is the lack of creativity and pace from midfield, nobody runs beyond or beats a man or gets to the byline anywhere near enough. I expect Dougie to address it in summer now the defence is looking more solid.

He needs to get Holden involved. He needs to give him a run in the team until the end of the season.

85Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:21

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:For me the biggest issue is the lack of creativity and pace from midfield, nobody runs beyond or beats a man or gets to the byline anywhere near enough. I expect Dougie to address it in summer now the defence is looking more solid.

He needs to get Holden involved. He needs to give him a run in the team until the end of the season.

I'd like to see what if he's up to it ye. I think we'll see changes for the Charlton game now the winning streak has ended and maybe after a 2 week break Holden's fitness will be getting closer.

I'd still like to hear why it's Dougies ego that meant he didn't put Sordell on, baring in mind that Sordell's bolton career was pretty much dead before Dougie arrived and he seemed willing to give him a chance it seems something else has gone wrong.

86Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I'd still like to hear why it's Dougies ego that meant he didn't put Sordell on, baring in mind that Sordell's bolton career was pretty much dead before Dougie arrived and he seemed willing to give him a chance it seems something else has gone wrong.

Like a lot of managers, they don't like picking the "fans choice".

I'm not saying Sordell is going to score 10 goals before the end of the season, but he hasn't had a fair chance in my opinion.

Ngog has had chance after chance, Kevin Davies seems to play nearly every game despite not having scored since 2005, and Craig Davies is, well, just a bit shit.

Sordell might well be shit, but he's scored a few goals and looked decent in my opinion - but he's mainly played as a loan striker and hasn't had much support.

He should get a run in the team, but Dougie won't do it because if he did score a few goals people would ask why he wasn't given more games.

87Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But in the summer, we'll lose Dawson.
We'll also lose about 5 others so whichever league we're in (probably this one) a rebuild will be required in every area.

88Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:36

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Like a lot of managers, they don't like picking the "fans choice".

I'm not saying Sordell is going to score 10 goals before the end of the season, but he hasn't had a fair chance in my opinion.

Ngog has had chance after chance, Kevin Davies seems to play nearly every game despite not having scored since 2005, and Craig Davies is, well, just a bit shit.

Sordell might well be shit, but he's scored a few goals and looked decent in my opinion - but he's mainly played as a loan striker and hasn't had much support.

He should get a run in the team, but Dougie won't do it because if he did score a few goals people would ask why he wasn't given more games.

I'd like to see him play too because he does look like the best finisher and he has something we never have going forward, pace.

But it's obviously not because of Dougie's ego he's not playing, he's isn't refusing to play him out of spite towards the fans that's just ridiculous.

It's more likely his attitude/state of mind that's stopping him.

89Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet again it's the "whoever isn't playing is the answer" line.

When people said the same things about Sordell last season (i was amongst them) they were slammed. Sordell was labelled as "shit" and one of the "worst singings in the clubs history" and now he's the "man"

Has Sordell really shown he can be the "poacher" we need? Honest question, maybe he has i don't know.

90Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 14:43

wanderlust wrote:
We'll also lose about 5 others so whichever league we're in (probably this one) a rebuild will be required in every area.

You're right we'll need a fair few signings but who are the 5?

In terms of loans Spearing will go back, I'd expect Medo to be the direct replacement.Gregus will be signed permanently.

Holden may leave? Alonso probably will and maybe SKD will be let go? Who knows.

So we need to sign a left back, center back, striker and attacking midfielder minimum.

91Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

In terms of loans Spearing will go back, I'd expect Medo to be the direct replacement.Gregus will be signed permanently.

So we need to sign a left back, center back, striker and attacking midfielder minimum.
There's talk of Lee and Sordell going too if we don't get promoted. Dawson and Spearing will go. Alonso is off. SKD will be put out to stud in a jacuzzi in Preston. Holden will be on his bike.
Some may stay or be signed if we get into the prem, but I can't see it happening unless our performances improve significantly and we get a fair slice of luck so I think we'll be scratting round just to put a team that can survive in the Championship if it doesn't get better soon. Therefore we'll only know what we need in the summer IMO.

92Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 15:23

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

There's talk of Lee and Sordell going too if we don't get promoted. Dawson and Spearing will go. Alonso is off. SKD will be put out to stud in a jacuzzi in Preston. Holden will be on his bike.
Some may stay or be signed if we get into the prem, but I can't see it happening unless our performances improve significantly and we get a fair slice of luck so I think we'll be scratting round just to put a team that can survive in the Championship if it doesn't get better soon. Therefore we'll only know what we need in the summer IMO.

The rumours linking Lee with Stoke were concocted by his agent IMO, he hasn't shown enough with us this year to convince me a premier league club would take a punt but if they did decide to, he's under contract and we'd get decent money.

As for Sordell I think Dougie's lost patience and he'll be off maybe get a couple of million for him? Lets face it, at the point we'll just have to cut our losses and hope Dougie picks up a Glenn Murray style gem.

N'gog could go but the money we'd get for him would have to be around £3 million? Very good money considering what he's done with us.

Anyway my point is if there was an exodus of players we'd get good money which would have to be reinvested, something I'd trust Dougie to do well.

I can't really see anybody else leaving.

93Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 16:26

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We were poor on a turnip field.Without Mavies we have no one who can do that something a little bit special.The Hull match was a prime example.If we win at Charlton we have 2 winnable matches at home Huddersfield and Wolves and with everyone playing each other in the last eight matches could be very close.The Stuart Holden saga has me scratching my head.Pity Coyle didn't get the guillotine in Bolton town centre before the season started COCK!!.

94Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 17:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yet again it's the "whoever isn't playing is the answer" line.

When people said the same things about Sordell last season (i was amongst them) they were slammed. Sordell was labelled as "shit" and one of the "worst singings in the clubs history" and now he's the "man"

Has Sordell really shown he can be the "poacher" we need? Honest question, maybe he has i don't know.

He's shown that his movement and touch is potentially that of a PL quality player. Personally, I'm not interested in a "poacher" or a "natural goalscorer". I'd rather we played with a quick, mobile, skilful forward with 10 goals in him than a slow, virtually stationary 20 goaler.
It's taken very little for strikers to go from zero to hero and vice versa this season. It sounds like Craig Davies had a quiet hour yesterday. He'll be out of a few preferred lineups for a couple of weeks.
I suspect it's only a matter of time before Kevin Davies scrambles one in at the back post and he'll be "maybe worth keeping on for another year" again.

95Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 17:47

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:Personally, I'm not interested in a "poacher" or a "natural goalscorer". I'd rather we played with a quick, mobile, skilful forward with 10 goals in him than a slow, virtually stationary 20 goaler.

That's pretty stupid.

96Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 18:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I'd rather we played with a quick, mobile, skilful forward with 10 goals in him than a slow, virtually stationary 20 goaler.

That's pretty stupid.

What's stupid about it?

You play with the former, you play with speed, fluency, momentum - a lot of things that are difficult to play against. That generally amounts to more than ten goals over a season. A striker doesn't have to score or be directly involved in a goal to be useful.

97Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 18:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get all this ' Dougies ego ' nonsense. From what I have seen of him he doesn't strike me as the ' Big I Am ' type of manager.

98Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 18:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie will lead us to promotion next year if not this year.

That's one thing I'm sure of

99Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 18:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Dougie will lead us to promotion next year if not this year.

Brilliant. Are you top of your class with insights like that?

100Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 18:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Dougie will lead us to promotion next year if not this year.

Brilliant. Are you top of your class with insights like that?

Go wash your bellend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum