Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich Town v Bolton

+26
doffcocker
observer
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Swintonwhite89
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Triumph
scottjames30
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:13

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The reason I call DF 'Dithering Dougie' is because of his inability to decide just who are the best players and which formation to chose.

Most posters, I think, are surprised at the team he sends out each week his use of substitutes is also questionable.

The one area he does not dither in however is his belief that Zat Knight is a 'must start player' not only that but in the absence of SKD, makes him captain, but this is clearly just very poor judgement not a dithering problem.

He may be better than Owen Coyle but that doesn't make him the man to bring back the (Fairly) good times. I'm not having a go at the ditherer, I want him to be a good manager but for me to criticise him doesn't mean I'm being negative or a moaning old pillock in anyway.
I just want what's best for Bolton Wanderers.

122Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

A manager who selects his team according to the strengths of the opposition? Outrageous, Freedman out! ::seething::

Name me another club outside of the big 4 PL teams that rotate their strikers every week.

123Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West ham regularly rotate strikers

124Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Wed Mar 20 2013, 10:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

West Ham rotate their strikers because they are injured half the time, not to mention a decent set of Donkeys to boot.
Utd rotate every week .....but they have world class players to divi up the playing time.
As for us the Doog is not letting any formation gel together for two games in a row. That works if you have equal talent ....I don't think we do at present. It seems we have improved under Doogie but somat is still lacking.

125Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Wed Mar 20 2013, 13:10

terenceanne wrote:West Ham rotate their strikers because they are injured half the time, not to mention a decent set of Donkeys to boot.
Utd rotate every week .....but they have world class players to divi up the playing time.
As for us the Doog is not letting any formation gel together for two games in a row. That works if you have equal talent ....I don't think we do at present. It seems we have improved under Doogie but somat is still lacking.

I think the formation has been settled of late? 442 in a diamond?

I think we're lacking a quality striker, a creative midfielder to fill Mavies's absence and definitely pace all over going forward. I can't remember the last genuinely quick forward or winger we've had, Anelka?

126Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Wed Mar 20 2013, 13:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"doog" "doogie"

::seething2::

127Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Wed Mar 20 2013, 18:10

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dougies had to sort the crisis that was the back 4 when he came to the club.How many 2-2 away draws did we get before Dawson.Knight and Ream where a nightmare pair of centre backs,Mears gave penaltys away for fun £36 at Leeds to see their first shot on target be a pen he got his double though 2pens given away at Elland rd and the Reebok.So to have a go at the man is stupidity.The other night when we beat Brighton,Forest got a 84th minute deflected goal against Ipswich who at that time were down to nine men having 2 sent off.There are no easy matches and the fact that we are near the playoffs with Mark Davies being out for so long injury v Huddersfield then the cruciate v p/Boro proves i f we don't make it this year.We have a great chance next year.

128Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Wed Mar 20 2013, 18:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Dougies had to sort the crisis that was the back 4 when he came to the club.How many 2-2 away draws did we get before Dawson.Knight and Ream where a nightmare pair of centre backs,Mears gave penaltys away for fun £36 at Leeds to see their first shot on target be a pen he got his double though 2pens given away at Elland rd and the Reebok.So to have a go at the man is stupidity.The other night when we beat Brighton,Forest got a 84th minute deflected goal against Ipswich who at that time were down to nine men having 2 sent off.There are no easy matches and the fact that we are near the playoffs with Mark Davies being out for so long injury v Huddersfield then the cruciate v p/Boro proves i f we don't make it this year.We have a great chance next year.

Good post. Where have you been for the last few months?

129Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Wed Mar 20 2013, 18:53

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Been in China working on the Shangai Tower.Got two months off now so ill be able to see the last eight games.Saw the Hull,p/Boro,Barnsley,Brighton and Blackburn matches also went to Ipswich bit disappointed but a win at Charlton could put us back on course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum