Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thatcher Dead.

+30
Lyric Todkill
Mr Magoo
gloswhite
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Dan 71
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Hip Priest
bwfc71
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Leeds_Trotter
Sgt. Bash
Triumph
Sluffy
Tigermin
Banks of the Croal
Reebok_Rebel
Spillthebeans
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

61Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Mon Apr 08 2013, 23:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Welcome aboard Dan! - Keep on posting. :good:

62Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 00:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't know much about her policies, but death is hardly ever funny.
R.I.P. Iron Lady.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

63Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 01:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As much as I hated her at the time ( my ex wifes dad was a miner) she did have balls, she stood for what she believed to be right for the Country, she went to war with Argentina against US backing, she privatised Companies that were crippling our economy, she reorganised the whole fuck up started by Labour, and made a better Britain, for that we should all be thankful.

R.I.P Maggie.

64Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 01:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A great leader and one fucking hell of a mean bitch, she sure as hell kicked labours ass, nice one maggie.

65Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 01:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:A great leader and one fucking hell of a mean bitch, she sure as hell kicked labours ass, nice one maggie.
Would'nt say she kicked Labours ass, they did a good job of doing them thereselves up the ass, she did however kick the unions up the ass, and basically told them to fuck off, which was a good move at the time, Brtain under Labour was like BWFC under big Sam great but unsustainable, Maggie came in and over many years made us Great again, hate her or love her she is what made our country Great again.

R.I.P

66Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ding Dong!
All together now....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

67Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So who's planning a street party? I know of at least 5 round here and this is Tory heartland, so I imagine there will be hundreds up and down the country, apart from in the communities she obliterated, obviously. Still, I suppose the fact that she sold off the country's natural resources and destroy manufacturing in the UK to lick Reagan's ass and crack on she was some kind of hero has made everyone and all our future generations so much poorer, so I guess everyone will be partying.
She even f***** over the Tories and the business community at the end when she lost it, so I imagine it's only the ignorant who will be in anything but delighted that the seeping boil on the fair face of humanity is finally dead. Populist politics of the worst kind since the German Nationalist party of the 1930s. Die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VtRIY17V8

68Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wanderlust, those who lived through it know. She hated the working man!
People that were kids at the time havent a clue.

69Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 09:38

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:Wanderlust, those who lived through it know. She hated the working man!
People that were kids at the time havent a clue.
What he said.
She was nasty and Vicious and ruined the lives of many hard working people.She also did quite a few good things so on balance weighing up the good and bad about even.

70Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 09:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not just the working man she f***** over.
Edwina Currie - someone else I haven't much time for - was on the radio talking about Cabinet meetings in her final term in which Thatcher was getting advice about the economic crisis she caused as her own misguided supporters were getting slaughtered, especially small businesses and the right wing middle class. By this time, Thatcher apparently believed her own hype and as usual refused to recognise the problems people were facing. She'd just introduced the Poll Tax (that went well) and inflation was pushing upwards towards it's final destination of around 15% when the economy finally crashed spectacularly.
As the Wall St Journal put it:
"Mrs. Thatcher treated blistering inflation with ruthlessly high interest rates. Unemployment zoomed. She gutted British trade unions, deregulated finance and presided over an epochal shift from manufacturing to services."
(Note: "deregulated finance" all you banker haters that blamed Labour for the more recent crash)

When asked what she'd do for businesses as the economy spiralled out of control as a result of her incompetence, she said "tell them to go out and work harder". That was when even her own supporters started to desert her in droves.
Of course, nobody had any money left to support businesses by the time she'd finished.
The Irony Lady opened the floodgates for massively increased immigration, gave bankers a free hand and slaughtered British business. Unbelievable that right wing voters have any admiration for the stupid cow.
Everybody else got shafted, so it's not at all unsurprising that her death is widely considered as some small consolation for the millions of past, present and future lives she singlehandedly managed to ruin. Good riddance.

71Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Excellent post Wanderlust. A good summation of fact. Lets not forget that all the unemployed were a price well worth paying as one of her disciples put it! NormanLamont iirc? Divisive in life,divisive in death!! Cnut of the highest order.

72Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still haven't been asked to carry the coffin, but I'm still hopeful.

73Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's the overdone funeral I object to.

According to the BBC "Lady Thatcher will not have a state funeral but will be accorded the same status as Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

A ceremonial funeral is one rung down from a state funeral - normally reserved for monarchs - and requires the consent of the Queen."

What a waste of money and is it appropriate to honour such a contentious leader in this way?

74Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 12:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster - time to do a twitter watch.
I haven't seen such a national outburst of hatred like this ever before, but there again I don't think anyone so evil has duped the nation into grasping control before or since.
The nation's joy should be captured for posterity.
Here's a couple to get you started:
"I'll be collecting as many commemorative newspapers as I can today. And cutting out the pictures. The chance to wipe my @r5e on the witches face is just overwhelming."
"Margaret Thatcher dies of a Strike" @slkav very unfortunate spelling mistake from @thejournal_ie
"I feel sorry for Thatcher. Feel sorry that she wasn't alive to celebrate Thatcher dying."
"The only way they'll get a minute's silence is if they ask the crowd for a minute's applause"
"Just stole some milk from the office fridge. In memoriam."
A nation united in hatred.

75Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 12:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Correct me if Im wrong but every effort was made by her government to demonise the 96 at Hillsborough?
"Expose the lies before Thatcher dies!"
Job done!!

76Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:I haven't seen such a national outburst of hatred like this ever before, but there again I don't think anyone so evil has duped the nation into grasping control before or since..

Can I assume, with the vitriole of your postings, that you think Tony Blair did not have the same effect on today's Britain? The difference is that he didn't do a great deal of good, before he changed the infrastucture of this country forever. Ask the students, and ask the people who are now suffering throught the country, for lack of jobs, housing, schooling, etc because of an unofficial open-door policy on immigration, ask Gordon Brown who really gave the all clear to the bankers. Also, none of her major policies were reversed by labour, even though they said they would, and with many, could have done.

77Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He'll get his when the time comes. Why not just nail your star to her cross instead of pussyfooting around?

78Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Thatcher wasn't alone in screwing the majority of the population whilst doing favours for the very rich. Gordon Brown's role in this is usually underestimated. Plus he was one seriously disturbed and nasty individual. For more details there is an interesting biography of Brown written by Tom Bower.

79Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Premier League and Football League will not be asking clubs to hold a one-minute's silence in memory of Baroness Thatcher at their upcoming fixtures.

The former prime minister died in London on Monday, aged 87, after suffering a stroke.

Lady Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990 and won three successive general elections.

The county cricket season starts on Wednesday but so far no team has any plans to mark Lady Thatcher's passing.

There was no minute's silence before Monday night's Manchester derby between Manchester United and Manchester City.

As well as Premier League games this weekend, the FA Cup semi-finals take place at Wembley, which come under the auspices of the Football Association.

It is understood the FA has no plans at present to mark Lady Thatcher's death.

One minute silences were not held in the Premier League when former Prime Ministers James Callaghan and Edward Heath died, although respects were paid after the death of the Queen Mother.

It will be left to individual clubs to decide whether they want to pay tribute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078110

80Thatcher Dead. - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:33

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

She kicked Scargills ass,the Argies ass,Delours ass and most of her Cabinets ass , that will do for me . R.I.P.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum