Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thatcher Dead.

+30
Lyric Todkill
Mr Magoo
gloswhite
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Dan 71
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Hip Priest
bwfc71
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Leeds_Trotter
Sgt. Bash
Triumph
Sluffy
Tigermin
Banks of the Croal
Reebok_Rebel
Spillthebeans
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

81Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Soul Kitchen wrote:He'll get his when the time comes. Why not just nail your star to her cross instead of pussyfooting around?

I don't see the need to 'pussyfoot around', its just that I believe she did both good and bad things for the county. I lived through the Thatcher era, and without doubt one of the worst things she did was to put a price on every single thought, action and deed of the common man. A lot of goodwill went from people, who would judge any friendly, or helpful, act by putting a price on it. Her monetarist policies were not nice to see, but they did put the country back on its feet. Her agression put Great back into Britain with regards foreign powers. She got a lot of money (3 billion) back from the EEC each year. She took away the destructive power of the unions, who were getting out of hand, (were not the miners the only ones who went on strike during the war? ok, I know there are two sides to every story). Overall, I think her policies made the UK better, but for the longer view, she did a lot of damage, however, saying this, nobody has had the intelligence, or determination, to alter the course we have since followed.

82Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are the posts from Wanderlust & Soul Kitchen not worse than the stuff Magoo was banned for?

There are some sick bastards in this world.

83Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:She kicked Scargills ass,the Argies ass,Delours ass and most of her Cabinets ass , that will do for me . R.I.P.
Most of all, she kicked the ass of the UK and we have never recovered - she just used the Argies and the Unions as a way to get the populist vote from the suckers who couldn't see her real agenda at the time - which has blighted our country ever since. The media backed her which is why she got away with it.
If I was right wing and wanted to get off on showing the Argies who is boss of a shitty little island off their coast by sacrificing the lives of our troops, or wanted to show the Unions that they have too much power by sending in squaddies to break strikes, I would understand the argument - and that's the only argument that the media put forward on her behalf - one that appeals to people who think it's more important to see other groups get their comeuppance.
But equally if I were right wing, I wouldn't be too happy about deregulating the financial industry, opening the doors for more immigration and destroying the nation's wealth to pay for it. The price we pay and will continue paying just to feel smug is not and never has been worth it.
Gloswhite argues that Labour was wrong for not changing what Thatcher did to this country. That is as may be, but never forget who got us into this mess in the first place.
There should be no public acknowledgement of Thatcher - too many people hate her and what she stands for. The left wing hate her for what she did to the unions, the poor and ill. The middle classes hate her for what she did to businesses and the economy. Parents hate her for what she did to schoolchildren.
Whatever your opinion about Thatcher, you must surely agree that she divided the nation.
And that point alone should mean that she is not recognised publicly as it will open all the old wounds again and do nothing but cause problems. Let the Iron Lady rust in piss.

84Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:16

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Are the posts from Wanderlust & Soul Kitchen not worse than the stuff Magoo was banned for?

Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 459784477 Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 2901214908

85Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Are the posts from Wanderlust & Soul Kitchen not worse than the stuff Magoo was banned for?

:agree:

86Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You didn't live through it Nat, you have fell into the trap that Thatcher laid all her time in power, divide and conquer.
Now if I get banned for telling it as it is I'll wear the badge with pride!
Ding Dong for Top of the Pops!!

87Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ask yourselves why no minutes silence at this weekends matches!

88Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:41

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Is it because the sun will be out, God bless the iron lady.

89Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 16:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wrong magoo, but lets hope it thunder and lightens next Wednesday
and pisses it down for good measure!

90Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 16:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Ask yourselves why no minutes silence at this weekends matches!

Because there will be plenty of brainless gorps on hand to ruin it.

91Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 16:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And you are qualified to judge they are brainless because?
Bury her in Scotland I say. How's that sound? Would they be pleased?

92Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 16:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing wrong with hating her policies, she's an interesting political figure for debate.

Personally I'm just not one to "celebrate" death as i've said before.

It's like if someone who mugged you died in a car crash would you go and piss on all the flowers and dance around the scene with a sign. Maybe you would, i just think it's a bit vulgar.

Each to their own though, my opinion only.

93Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 16:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:And you are qualified to judge they are brainless because?
Bury her in Scotland I say. How's that sound? Would they be pleased?

It's obvious from your posts you are brainless.

94Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 18:41

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Haha, I'll treat that with the usual bullshit I'd expect from a cross dresser Nat!
Hipster my previous comments are sincerely felt! How I regard death is my business and in this instance I will make an exception. I feel nothing for a person who reaped havoc on communities and individuals without any compunction or remorse, I have personal experiences of people that suffered due to her Governments' messings. Fortunately I have managed to survive in employ and provide for my family, I know lads at the time that had it rough, do you?
As for vulgar, you need to check your naivety in starting a thread like this and not expecting a response.
Furthermore it would seem I am in good company in my thoughts about her, certainly people I have respect for and in much higher positions in society than you appear to be have similar but not as outspoken thoughts, but I'll tell it as I see it.
BTW would the Scots like her buried in Scotland? You never answered my question.

95Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 19:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's Vulgar, personally, to celebrate death in any regard.

You can do what you want, as you say it's your business.

And obviously the scots by and large hold her in deep contempt. She was PM when i was a very young child and my dad fought in the Falklands so her actions affected my family pretty deeply truth be told.

certainly won't be celebrating her death though.

96Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 20:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And you didn't celebrate Bin Laden's either. As a sideline what did your parents think about her?
Furthermore do you think your forefathers didn't celebrate Hitler's decline. It's horses for courses I'm afraid and people I communicate with are of the same mind. I wonder if her grave will be defaced and how much the cost to prevent this will be?
I went on a Rugby League forum earlier, in a former mining area I might add, guess what the feeling was there?
You misjudge the strength of feeling I'm afraid, and brought out the dark side in me personally.

97Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 20:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Fortunately I have managed to survive in employ and provide for my family, I know lads at the time that had it rough, do you?

Of course it was all Maggie's fault that your pals were out of work Rolling Eyes

98Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 20:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:And you didn't celebrate Bin Laden's either. As a sideline what did your parents think about her?
Furthermore do you think your forefathers didn't celebrate Hitler's decline. It's horses for courses I'm afraid and people I communicate with are of the same mind. I wonder if her grave will be defaced and how much the cost to prevent this will be?
I went on a Rugby League forum earlier, in a former mining area I might add, guess what the feeling was there?
You misjudge the strength of feeling I'm afraid, and brought out the dark side in me personally.

I haven't misjudged anything.

To clear it up (again) I don't celebrate any death, others can do as they see fit, but I'm still allowed to form an opinion on it, and my opinion is i don't like it.

99Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 20:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This proves what I was getting at earlier to some extent. Whatever people think of the ***** the one thing they agree upon is that she caused great divisions in the country with strongly-held opinions and in some cases deeply hurt people on each side. That's exactly why I think it's a shame for the Government to make us pay for any kind of publicised burial as it will open old wounds again.
Thatcher was and is hated - and I mean genuinely hated - by a large proportion of the public across the demographic spectrum, and the fact that she was eventually voted out would indicate it's possibly as much as half the population who feel that way. As SK points out, any celebration is likely to get disrupted and to suggest to voters that they would have to pay for the celebration is too insensitive not to anger many people. A public celebration would be inflammatory and divisive IMO, but they'll do it anyway.

100Thatcher Dead. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:23

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A wonderful person

Saved this country

RIP, Mrs T

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: