Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brazil v England

+19
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Spillthebeans
Tigermin
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
waynagain
WhiteBic
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
Angry Dad
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Brazil v England  - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil v England Mon Jun 03 2013, 19:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ITV commentary team would me up a bit during the Brazil match with their negativity. Brazil aren't that great these days without the likes of Kaka and Ronaldinho and Neymar is an overhyped lightweight at the moment - I thought they were there for the taking. However after a very tired-looking first half I was left wondering what might have been if the England players hadn't wasted so much possession - and how on earth we hadn't conceded.
More negativity at half time and when Brazil scored it looked ominous, mainly because it was a shit goal to concede with defenders ball watching instead of following it in ready to clear. But Chamberlain had loads of energy and the others seemed to perk up a bit and we played like I'd hoped we would from the off for a while. Good goal from Chamberlain and the Rooney deflection was a bonus as his shot was going straight into the goalie's hands. But they all looked too knackered to keep up the pressure and go for a third so I guess a draw was a fair result.
But this isn't the Brazil everyone used to fear and it annoyed me that the commentators and media hyped them up so much. Good players, but not great like Brazil teams from the past.
Quite liked Hodgson's system but it was a compromise. It was set up so that the game was never stretched which meant that when wide players were faced with a choice of pushing on or holding the ball up, they invariably passed it back so that the team could move forward as a unit - which meant Brazilian defenders always got back in numbers. It was like they weren't allowed to try to score on the break - and TBF the few times they did try the passing was poor. I'd just have liked them to move it a bit quicker and mix it up a bit. Good job overall from Hodgson I thought.

82Brazil v England  - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil v England Mon Jun 03 2013, 20:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rooney's goal was a little belter but I don't see what all the fuss is about where Neymar is concerned. I can't remember the last time I saw him have a decent game.

83Brazil v England  - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil v England Mon Jun 03 2013, 20:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Rooney's goal was a little belter but I don't see what all the fuss is about where Neymar is concerned. I can't remember the last time I saw him have a decent game.

Rooney really impressed me last night, looked back to his
Best.

Agree about neymar. He's just a cocky kid, I doubt he'll achieve anything close to messi and ronaldo

84Brazil v England  - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil v England Mon Jun 03 2013, 21:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Barca have paid £48million for Neymar! Shocked

85Brazil v England  - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil v England Mon Jun 03 2013, 21:37

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Barca have paid £48million for Neymar! Shocked

Well he'll have to learn to pass the ball there as they have a proper player in Messi to do all that dribbling malarky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum