Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England U21 vs Norway

+11
Tigermin
wanderlust
waynagain
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Michael Bolton
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1England U21 vs Norway Empty England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 17:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anybody watching it? Sordell has been dropped what a surprise. Dawson looking a little shaky.

Currently 0-1 Norway (against the run of play)

2England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 17:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

0-2

They're shit.

3England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 18:14

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wow just checked the score, 3-0 down. This is what amazes me with the England set up, Stuart Pearce has been in the set up for years now and seems unaccountable for any failures. In the last Euro under 21 tournament England were just shocking and yet Stuart Pearce keeps his job. They are heading out after 2 games this time round and just watch Stuart Pearce will keep his job. I bloody hate the FA.

4England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 18:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-3 Dawson!

5England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 18:40

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Official, Englands future is fucked up, well done Pearce you incompetant twat.

6England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm sure the FA keep this prick on as the under 21 manager because he is a yes man for the FA.

Plus I think he doesn't resign because he will never get another job as a club manager.

7England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Isn't his contract up after this tournament?

8England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Isn't his contract up after this tournament?
It fucking should be, what a useless prick, he makes Coyle look like Fergusson.

9England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd sack the useless bag of shite.

10England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't say i've been watching them in this euros...are we out of the competition now?

11England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or maybe the players just aren't good enough?

Haven't we learnt from the first team, it's usually not the managers fault.

12England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 20:03

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Can't say i've been watching them in this euros...are we out of the competition now?

Yes out after two games. lol

13England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 20:06

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Or maybe the players just aren't good enough?

My personal take on it is that the players don't give a shit. These lads are millionaires, they probably can't wait to be with their mates living it up, going on their luxury holidays, driving their fast cars. Do your really think these lads want to be in Israel playing in this tournament? They don't give a shit.
Maybe for this reason it may be harsh to blame Pearce afterall.

I believe the same is true for the full England team. Remember players like Pearce, Gazza, Adams, Butcher, Lineker, Shearer - playing for their country meant everything. When has the likes of Rooney ever looked interested at international level? He seems to think he is doing the country a favour by playing.

These players are all a bunch of overpaid twats.

14England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 21:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This is a worrying sign for when and if they actually break into the main team and is another reason why the likes of Lampard and Gerrard have yet to be replaced.

Our youth set up is fucking terrible.

15England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sat Jun 08 2013, 22:17

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Under 21 competition is treated seriously by all of the other nations apart from England, if that is the attitude of the FA, the England manager and club mangers then how can we complain when it goes pear shaped.

How can it be more beneficial for young players, eligible to play in this tournament to be off playing a friendly in Brazil or on holiday /can't be arsed. They should be getting tournament experience that will benefit them in later years, Hodgson of all people should recognise this.

16England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 01:58

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dawson was terrible today - playing like that he'll struggle to get into WBA first team, I think he missed Knight bailing him out.

17England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 12:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With England’s U-21s eliminated from their group with a game to spare in this year’s European Championships in Israel, MSN Sport looks at the main reasons behind the team’s failings.

1. The tournament isn’t taken seriously enough
There’s a feeling in English football culture that age-level competitions are only in place for those not yet good enough to play for the national side. Between them England’s squad has only nine full caps, whereas the Dutch have twelve full internationals in Israel and Spain will field players of the calibre of David De Gea, Iker Munian, Isco and Thiago Alcantara. Surely Jack Wilshere, Phil Jones, Jack Rodwell and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain would have bolstered England’s bid and gained valuable tournament experience at the same time. Norway, by the way, had fourteen senior internationals.

1. Little first-team playing time
Many of England’s players spent last season in the Championship, either on loan or because that’s the level at which their clubs play. Last season, no English player under the age of twenty-one appeared in the Premier League for Chelsea, Man City, Stoke, Swansea or Wigan and in eight seasons we have seen the total number of minutes played by this age and nationality halved. It’s a worrying trend that can’t help the national set-up.

1. Lack of national playing style
The way the Dutch, Spanish, Italians and Germans play is always pretty clear and this means that each player coming into a team automatically knows his role. England U-21 captain, Jordan Henderson, by contrast, has played for Liverpool this season in central midfield, on the right of midfield, on the right of a front three and behind a lone striker, arguably leaving him uncertain of what his natural position is. After the game last night Rio Ferdinand tweeted: “if Spain or Germany threw an u18 in he would know his role as these countries have an identity.”

1. Poor coaching
It’s been pointed out regularly that the number of qualified coaches in England lags far behind those in Spain and Germany. This means that children are coached by those with a limited understanding of player development, which in turn results in fewer prospects realising their potential. The building of St George’s is one thing, but coaches across the country need to be better qualified so they can hand over more technically proficient children to this finishing school.

1. Blame Stuart Pearce
Few would argue that Stuart Pearce is Rinus Michels when it comes to being a tactical visionary, but to place the blame on the manager seems a little harsh. Pearce has been pretty successful in the past, reaching the final and semi-final of this tournament with his two previous efforts. In the aftermath of last night’s defeat, Pearce commented: “The team that comes with their best players will win the tournament, the teams that don't go home early.” England did not have many of their best players in Israel.

1. A poor generation?
For all the fanfare that accompanied the team’s record as they steamrollered their way to the finals, there are few players in this side that really look like they could be world class. Zaha is still raw – and did little to impress in Israel – and while players like Caulker and Henderson will probably have careers in the top half of the Premier League, Ledley King and Steven Gerrard they most certainly are not. Up front is of particular concern, with the triumvirate of Nathan Delfouneso, Marvin Sordell and Connor Wickham all with plenty of work to do to make a mark at this level.
It’s unlikely that only one thing needs to be put right for England to start succeeding at youth and full levels, but what is clear is that the current formula simply isn’t producing the desired results.

18England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 12:15

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Or maybe the players just aren't good enough?

My personal take on it is that the players don't give a shit. These lads are millionaires, they probably can't wait to be with their mates living it up, going on their luxury holidays, driving their fast cars. Do your really think these lads want to be in Israel playing in this tournament? They don't give a shit.

I believe the same is true for the full England team. Remember players like Pearce, Gazza, Adams, Butcher, Lineker, Shearer - playing for their country meant everything. When has the likes of Rooney ever looked interested at international level? He seems to think he is doing the country a favour by playing.

Fuck me I must be more hungover than I thought,I actually agree with you !!! Shocked

19England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

The modern footballer is an overpaid ponce, not just at international level, but at Championship level and lower. Below average players earning huge amounts of money they don't deserve. It's like paying your binman the Prime Minister's salary.

But this is all down to the fans. If they stopped forking out for season tickets, stopped buying the shirts, boycotted Sky Sports etc things would be very different.

You paid for Zat Knight's last Ferrari, until you wise up nothing will ever change.

20England U21 vs Norway Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 12:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

The modern footballer is an overpaid ponce, not just at international level, but at Championship level and lower. Below average players earning huge amounts of money they don't deserve. It's like paying your binman the Prime Minister's salary.

But this is all down to the fans. If they stopped forking out for season tickets, stopped buying the shirts, boycotted Sky Sports etc things would be very different.

You paid for Zat Knight's last Ferrari, until you wise up nothing will ever change.

I agree they are all overpaid, look at Rooney one of the better players on 240K a week, its fucking mental.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum