Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England U21 vs Norway

+11
Tigermin
wanderlust
waynagain
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Michael Bolton
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nats basically blaming the fans for the players being so shit..

22England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Nats basically blaming the fans for the players being so shit..

No, try reading it. I'm blaming the fans for the players being overpaid.

If there were no shirt sales, no ticket sales, no Sky Sports money etc do you think players like Zat Knight could command £15k per week?

Go on, answer it without trying to be clever.

23England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:41

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

My personal take on it is that the players don't give a shit. These lads are millionaires, they probably can't wait to be with their mates living it up, going on their luxury holidays, driving their fast cars. Do your really think these lads want to be in Israel playing in this tournament? They don't give a shit.
Maybe for this reason it may be harsh to blame Pearce afterall.

I believe the same is true for the full England team. Remember players like Pearce, Gazza, Adams, Butcher, Lineker, Shearer - playing for their country meant everything. When has the likes of Rooney ever looked interested at international level? He seems to think he is doing the country a favour by playing.

These players are all a bunch of overpaid twats.

The modern footballer is an overpaid ponce, not just at international level, but at Championship level and lower. Below average players earning huge amounts of money they don't deserve. It's like paying your binman the Prime Minister's salary.

But this is all down to the fans. If they stopped forking out for season tickets, stopped buying the shirts, boycotted Sky Sports etc things would be very different.

You paid for Zat Knight's last Ferrari, until you wise up nothing will ever change.

You are right here. Even Michael Ricketts drove a Ferrari FFS.
Here are the average weekly wages earned back in 2011 for the 4 leagues in England:
Premiership = £22,353 a week
Championship = £4,059 a week
League 1 = £1,410 a week
League 2 = £747 a week.

Contrast that to 1996 when the national team were full of players who loved playing for England:
Premiership = £2,517 a week
Championship = £1,000 a week
League 1 = £500 a week
League 2 = £420 a week.

Even the average championship player 2 years ago was picking up over £200,000 a year, there is something very wrong with that - the Prime Minister is only on £142,000 a year.

Football is no longer about football, its about money now and there is no money for them in international games so they see it as charity work which they don't want to do.

24England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club BWFC make fuckall really from the fans, an average season ticket is £300.

Sky and sponsors who pump big money into the system are to blame.

25England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:The club BWFC make fuckall really from the fans, an average season ticket is £300.

But who pays for the products sold by Sky/sponsors? The fans.

If the fans stopped acting like twats football would quickly change.

26England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So should everyone just fuck the sports channels off and not watch sport for a season ?

27England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:So should everyone just fuck the sports channels off and not watch sport for a season ?

Yes. It really is that simple.

Inbetween posts I have just cancelled my subscription.

28England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, if you had done that last season, you wouldn't have lost anything, as we were never shown anywhere. However, this coming season, if Dougie does what he is supposed to, and we are in the mix for promotion, then we will be far more prominent than last season, and you may regret such a rash act. (we all know you haven't done it really though, don't we? Smile )

29England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 14:05

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The club BWFC make fuckall really from the fans, an average season ticket is £300.

But who pays for the products sold by Sky/sponsors? The fans.

If the fans stopped acting like twats football would quickly change.

You calling me a twat?

30England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 14:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mike, I think you should go mental or at least do something .Very Happy

31England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 14:40

She's hardly gonna get done off trade descriptions is she mikhail

32England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On this forum and elsewhere, there is no enthusiasm for the England team apart from the Euro finals and World Cup (if we get there). Home Internationals are long gone.
Is it surprising that kids growing up don't have the sense of pride of being selected to play for England that my generation clearly had?

33England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 16:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Norwegian fullback Rogne is set to leave Celtic this summer so he may be of interest although he has had injury problems. Did well against England though.

34England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 17:34

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:On this forum and elsewhere, there is no enthusiasm for the England team apart from the Euro finals and World Cup (if we get there). Home Internationals are long gone.
Is it surprising that kids growing up don't have the sense of pride of being selected to play for England that my generation clearly had?

Very good point Wanderlust. You are right, no one I know is arsed about England, its all about club football, so good point - why would any youngster feel some amazing passion to play for England.

35England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Sun Jun 09 2013, 17:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
wanderlust wrote:On this forum and elsewhere, there is no enthusiasm for the England team apart from the Euro finals and World Cup (if we get there). Home Internationals are long gone.

Very good point Wanderlust. You are right, no one I know is arsed about England, its all about club football, so good point - why would any youngster feel some amazing passion to play for England.

I think everybody has lost their love for the nation.

This proud to be English is just a load of old bollocks.

36England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Mon Jun 10 2013, 07:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

Can't agree mate. Nationalism is alive and well - it just doesn't manifest itself via the football team as it used to.
For example, my missus persuaded me to watch an act in the final of Britain's got talent the other night as it was a masterstroke of public relations. From what I could tell, a talented Hungarian group were in a head to head with a Brit lad with cerebral palsy. Vote wise they had no chance, what with them being foreign and the sympathy vote for the young lad. But they came up with an OTT Brit nationalist piece with Churchill, the Queen and Land of Hope and Glory - the full monty nationalist trip - and despite all the odds, won.
Clearly nationalism isn't dead yet - it's just that the England team isn't viewed as being the pride of the nation as much as it once was.

37England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Mon Jun 10 2013, 08:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

Can't agree mate. Nationalism is alive and well - it just doesn't manifest itself via the football team as it used to.
For example, my missus persuaded me to watch an act in the final of Britain's got talent the other night as it was a masterstroke of public relations. From what I could tell, a talented Hungarian group were in a head to head with a Brit lad with cerebral palsy. Vote wise they had no chance, what with them being foreign and the sympathy vote for the young lad. But they came up with an OTT Brit nationalist piece with Churchill, the Queen and Land of Hope and Glory - the full monty nationalist trip - and despite all the odds, won.
Clearly nationalism isn't dead yet - it's just that the England team isn't viewed as being the pride of the nation as much as it once was.

So a Hungarian group won Britain's got talent.

I rest my case.

38England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Mon Jun 10 2013, 10:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I watched BGT on Saturday night and I thought the patriotic display by Attraction was bound to gather plenty of votes. Granted, they are all Hungarian but they didn't break any rules. The competition is open to acts from any country which really makes a mockery of the title. I thought Jack Carroll would comfortably win with sympathy votes but it just goes to show what fair minded people the British public really are.

39England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Mon Jun 10 2013, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I watched BGT on Saturday night and I thought the patriotic display by Attraction was bound to gather plenty of votes. Granted, they are all Hungarian but they didn't break any rules. The competition is open to acts from any country which really makes a mockery of the title. I thought Jack Carroll would comfortably win with sympathy votes but it just goes to show what fair minded people the British public really are.

..or suckers for Land of Hope & Glory, the Union flag and a cut out of Churchill. I bet half the nation stood up.
Now if the FA rolled out a platoon of injured war veterans, the Olympic medalists and some kids from Great Ormond St Hospital in wheelchairs with the Coldstream Guards band playing "Jerusalem" when the players came out of the tunnel, maybe England's football fortunes could be revived? Sounds wrong but it just might restore some national pride in the overpaid ponces.

40England U21 vs Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: England U21 vs Norway Mon Jun 10 2013, 23:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The judges gave that Jack Carroll way too many plaudits for me, he was alright but the new stand up sensation?...Give me a break.

The lad also had sour grapes if you watch the interview he gave to ant and dec when he came second...sarcastic bastard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum