Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup

+22
guest66
terenceanne
scottjames30
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
wanderlust
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Norpig
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 00:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cash turnstiles for Cardiff clash

Bolton Wanderers fans will be able to buy tickets on the turnstiles ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup with Budweiser fourth round tie against Cardiff City.

The game kicks off at 3pm, with tickets priced at £15 for adults and £5 for under-23s and over-65s.

Cash turnstiles will be available on Blocks I and L on the East Stand, block D on the West Stand and Block M on the North Stand. Alternatively, tickets for these and other areas will be available from Bolton Central in the run up to kick off.

To buy tickets over the phone, or for any further information, please call Bolton Central on 0844 871 2932.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 00:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For some reason I am on the photo of this article  affraid 

23Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 00:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see a cat anywhere!

24Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 00:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I don't see a cat anywhere!

lol! 

25Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 01:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I don't see a cat anywhere!
There's quite a few pussies though. All wearing white shirts and singing in a hopeless cause.  Wink

26Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 08:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:For some reason I am on the photo of this article  affraid 

There are several bellends on there, you'll have to be more specific.

27Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 10:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

There are several bellends on there, you'll have to be more specific.

You are right that there are several bellends there but I'm not one of them, I'm one of the good looking fans Razz

28Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 10:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Cardiff City

Setting The Scene

Dougie Freedman and his side will be looking to secure their place in the last 16 of the FA Cup with Budweiser by defeating Premier League newcomers Cardiff City at the Reebok Stadium this weekend.

Having booked their place in the fourth round with a 2-1 victory over Blackpool earlier this month, the Whites welcome the Bluebirds to BL6 with the visitors having ran out winners over Newcastle United in their third round tie at the beginning of January.

A clash which was last played competitively back in April when Craig Noone’s second half strike cancelled out Chris Eagles’ opener to ensure a share of the spoils in South Wales, Wanderers did emerge victorious during the meeting at the Reebok in November 2012.

A game which marked Freedman’s first game in charge of the club, goals from Martin Petrov and David Ngog ensured that Wanderers overturned a first half Noone strike to ensure the perfect start to life at BL6 for the Bolton manager.

Team News

Wanderers will be without the services of Jermaine Beckford for the visit of the Bluebirds after the striker picked up a hamstring injury in the Whites’ last home match against Nottingham Forest.

Adam Bogdan is available for selection having recovered from his recent injury, while Joe Riley, Stuart Holden and Marc Tierney remain sidelined.

Opposition Camp

Currently enjoying their first season in the Premier League following their promotion winning campaign last term, Cardiff will undoubtedly be hoping to put their league woes behind them when they travel to the Reebok this weekend.

Sitting at the bottom of the league table a point adrift of safety after picking up just 18 points from their opening 22 games, the Bluebirds will be hoping for a brighter second half to the season as they bid to retain their top flight status.

Their difficult start to the campaign has proven to be a difficult one to stomach for the Cardiff hierarchy, with manager Malky Mackay leaving the club last month and being replaced with former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the hot seat.

With the Norwegian having won his first game in charge of the club – a 2-1 victory over Newcastle United to book their clash with the Whites – the Bluebirds have also succumbed to defeats against the likes of Manchester City and West Ham United in recent weeks.

One To Watch

A revelation since joining the Bluebirds in January of last year, Fraizer Campbell finally looks to have settled after years of struggling to find consistency.

Still just 26 years of age, the Huddersfield-born forward started out his career with Manchester United as a youngster, going on to make a handful of first team appearances for the Red Devils alongside enjoying spells on loan with the likes of Royal Antwerp, Hull City and Tottenham Hotspur.

His exploits earned him a throng of admirers, with Sunderland snapping up the youngster’s services in the summer of 2009, taking him to the Stadium of Light for £3.5million.

His time in the North East however would prove to be a difficult one for Campbell, with injuries hampering his progression with the Black Cats and limiting him to just 72 appearances and ten goals in four seasons.

Despite his struggles however, Cardiff moved to take him to South Wales twelve months ago, with their decision being well and truly vindicated as the striker has since scored 13 goals in 35 outings for the Bluebirds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 11:08

Were you all playing that game where you've got to catch ping-pong balls in your mouth?

30Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 11:12

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just read another thread where Dougie says there'll be NO changes for the match. The young kids won't get a game 'cos it's unfair to put them in for an important match like this. He's rewarding the pillocks who played last week and says they 'deserve to be put back out there', that they'll 'bounce back and show their character' and he's 'quietly confident'. 

I still can't believe it, I thought not even he could be so stupid. He's waffled on for months about bringing youth through and giving it a chance and yet the week after our worst defeat in more than a generation he's going to keep the same team that has won just TWICE at home in the league all season and has less character than a politician's promise. 

I know I've said keep him till summer because it's unlikely anyone could do better who'd actually want the job here under the current circumstances but I'm really starting to think that might be too late after all. If he isn't prepared to make changes after last week's drubbing and is too afraid to give someone else a go, someone who's probably champing at the bit to get a start for this then he won't in the league because EVERY match from now until the end of the season is important. 

Publicly saying he doesn't think the kids can hack it really is dumb, what will that do for their confidence? Not only that but it sends the message to the shower who let everyone including themselves down so badly that failure is now fine, they won't suffer any consequences for it like being dropped no matter how badly they perform. 

I am praying, really praying that someone has taken him aside and given him a slap for this bollocks.

31Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 11:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Were you all playing that game where you've got to catch ping-pong balls in your mouth?

Funnily enough that was the game against Wolves last season where we actually won a game at home (2-0) .

32Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 12:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Just read another thread where Dougie says there'll be NO changes for the match. The young kids won't get a game 'cos it's unfair to put them in for an important match like this. He's rewarding the pillocks who played last week and says they 'deserve to be put back out there', that they'll 'bounce back and show their character' and he's 'quietly confident'. 

I still can't believe it, I thought not even he could be so stupid. He's waffled on for months about bringing youth through and giving it a chance and yet the week after our worst defeat in more than a generation he's going to keep the same team that has won just TWICE at home in the league all season and has less character than a politician's promise. 

I know I've said keep him till summer because it's unlikely anyone could do better who'd actually want the job here under the current circumstances but I'm really starting to think that might be too late after all. If he isn't prepared to make changes after last week's drubbing and is too afraid to give someone else a go, someone who's probably champing at the bit to get a start for this then he won't in the league because EVERY match from now until the end of the season is important. 

Publicly saying he doesn't think the kids can hack it really is dumb, what will that do for their confidence? Not only that but it sends the message to the shower who let everyone including themselves down so badly that failure is now fine, they won't suffer any consequences for it like being dropped no matter how badly they perform. 

I am praying, really praying that someone has taken him aside and given him a slap for this bollocks.

Or a Slap in His Bollocks?

33Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 14:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Just read another thread where Dougie says there'll be NO changes for the match. The young kids won't get a game 'cos it's unfair to put them in for an important match like this. He's rewarding the pillocks who played last week and says they 'deserve to be put back out there', that they'll 'bounce back and show their character' and he's 'quietly confident'. 

Or a Slap in His Bollocks?
I'm disappointed he's not going to use the cup to blood some youngsters who may well be needed in the league later in the season, but there is a school of thought that suggests that the same team should play. After the public bollocking Dougie gave them they should be fired up with something to prove to everyone and maybe getting back in the saddle so quickly will do them a bit of good.
However it doesn't chime with what Dougie said about being short of defenders and given that there's another (more important IMO) game coming up on Tuesday, I'm wondering what needs to happen before White and Bolger get a game.
Dougie certainly doesn't seem to be showing much confidence in them, despite promoting them to the bench recently.

34Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:After the public bollocking Dougie gave them they should be fired up with something to prove to everyone and maybe getting back in the saddle so quickly will do them a bit of good.

This team have no fire. If Cardiff score early we will get hammered. Otherwise it'll be the usual 2-0 defeat.

35Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm soon to part with a fiver for my ticket. I don't have high hopes, I'd just prefer to go than not to at that price. 

I think Dougie will go for it, knowing that he can't afford for spirits to be much lower.

36Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 21:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm a Bolton fan for a day.

If anyone remembers the Wandering Minds thread about teams/clubs you dislike, well them Welshies were one of mine.

:COYW: 

37Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:04

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheers CD, not sure about tomorrow,I think if they score first, we'll be fooked  Sad

38Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 00:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote:Cheers CD, not sure about tomorrow,I think if they score first, we'll be fooked  Sad
Banks buddy I hate to say this but I think we're up the creek anyway mate. Doesn't matter who scores first, our defence drops clangers faster than Joan Collins knickers got dropped when Playboy offered her a million quid back in the late 80's.  Rolling Eyes 

I'd love to be wrong, in fact i really hope to be on here when I get back from the match eating a large does of humble pie but I'm predicting 2-1 to Cardiff if we play well and about five or six nil to them if we play as badly as we did against Reading.  Sad

39Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 01:44

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Banks of the Croal wrote:Cheers CD, not sure about tomorrow,I think if they score first, we'll be fooked  Sad
Banks buddy I hate to say this but I think we're up the creek anyway mate. Doesn't matter who scores first, our defence drops clangers faster than Joan Collins knickers got dropped when Playboy offered her a million quid back in the late 80's.  Rolling Eyes 

I'd love to be wrong, in fact i really hope to be on here when I get back from the match eating a large does of humble pie but I'm predicting 2-1 to Cardiff if we play well and about five or six nil to them if we play as badly as we did against Reading.  Sad
Is Joan Collins playing defense instead of Knightmare tomorrow?  Well done lads!

40Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 13:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Is Joan Collins playing defense instead of Knightmare tomorrow?  Well done lads!
No she's crocked.  Mad 

So we drafted in Jackie instead!  Laughing 

Jilly Cooper's gonna play in goal and JK Rowling is bringing her wand to become our new midfield maestro.  What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum