Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup

+22
guest66
terenceanne
scottjames30
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
wanderlust
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Norpig
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
terenceanne wrote:They were certainly no better than us.  If Doog would have played with a bit more attacking game plan I think we could have won the dam thing.  One up front again in a cup game nobody cares about.  That lad will be our doom.
As for on the field today.... Lee was our best player in the first half.....overall everyone did as I would expect.  There's no creativity in midfield but that's because Spearing and Medo do not have that type of skill. Holden, Mavies & Moritz would fix that......but I don't see that coming in my lifetime with Doog picking the team.
No complaints today with the lads.....just the manager.

We were on the front foot, pretty much, the whole game.

Certainly could have started Odelusi at the expense of a midfielder but obviously that opens up the midfield for Cardiff too. So it's swings and roundabouts.

I wouldn't say it was a "negative" performance personally thought we were really the only team looking to win, but sure, the personnel could have been different.

Hipster, it was that negative our own fans started fighting each other!

62Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
terenceanne wrote:They were certainly no better than us.  If Doog would have played with a bit more attacking game plan I think we could have won the dam thing.  One up front again in a cup game nobody cares about.  That lad will be our doom.
As for on the field today.... Lee was our best player in the first half.....overall everyone did as I would expect.  There's no creativity in midfield but that's because Spearing and Medo do not have that type of skill. Holden, Mavies & Moritz would fix that......but I don't see that coming in my lifetime with Doog picking the team.
No complaints today with the lads.....just the manager.

We were on the front foot, pretty much, the whole game.

Certainly could have started Odelusi at the expense of a midfielder but obviously that opens up the midfield for Cardiff too. So it's swings and roundabouts.

I wouldn't say it was a "negative" performance personally thought we were really the only team looking to win, but sure, the personnel could have been different.

Hipster, it was that negative our own fans started fighting each other!

They do that regular.

63Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:13

It certainly wasn't a negative performance, we're clearly a side lacking in confidence and creativity but we took the game to them for most of it.

64Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:It certainly wasn't a negative performance,

It was, its just that your standards have dropped like Mr Freedman's.

If the players turn up these days the fans will give the overpaid players a huge round of applause, expectations are very low these days.

65Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie certainly getting the backing of this guy. 

Good to see. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

66Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

If the players turn up these days the fans will give the overpaid players a huge round of applause, expectations are very low these days.

Maybe negative just looks different to me, i see it more as sitting back for the whole game and hoping you get a lucky break. 

As we did frequently under Big Sam away from home and Megson home and away. 

Today we looked to go forward for, pretty much, the whole game, sadly there's no one out there with the ability to pick a pass or deliver a good cross.

67Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:21

scottjames30 wrote:

No it wasn't we just lack quality and confidence, that was obvious throughout. The players weren't sitting deep with 10 men behind the ball. We came forward as a team but too often the ball got knocked back or given away because we lacked a cutting edge.

68Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Maybe negative just looks different to me, i see it more as sitting back for the whole game and hoping you get a lucky break. 

Today we looked to go forward for, pretty much, the whole game, sadly there's no one out there with the ability to pick a pass or deliver a good cross.

Sitting back at home, hoping to get a lucky break, bringing Megson up is negative.

69Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Sitting back at home, hoping to get a lucky break, bringing Megson up is negative.

You've lost me.

70Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

No it wasn't we just lack quality and confidence, that was obvious throughout. The players weren't sitting deep with 10 men behind the ball. We came forward as a team but too often the ball got knocked back or given away because we lacked a cutting edge.

Happy clapper alert,  :cop:

71Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

It's the FA cup, shouldn't they play to win anyway with attacking?

What fucking game have you been watching because it wasn't the Bolton one!

72Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

You've lost me.

Sorry, I just can't pull positives out when we play lacklustre like that, I wanted us to have a right go at them.

73Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:28

scottjames30 wrote:Sitting back at home, hoping to get a lucky break.

Sorry Scott, but that's not how the match went in any way.

74Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can appreciate the sentiment that the personnel could have been different. Would have been nice to see a cameo from Rob Hall and Moritz on earlier, maybe Odelusi could have been given the start.

75Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

That's what Hipster said, I just quoted him.

76Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:32

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It was bloody freezing, the lads showed a bit of spirit in a very even match, we had no creativity or penetration in the final third. The keeper spilling the ball was the only difference really. 

The only difference i have  with previous posters is, i cannot see for the life of me what Cravies offers?

Ok he deserves a chance i get that, but his touch is poor ,he is very strong but that's it, tell you this much, as much as we want rid of Ngog (and i do) trust me Cravies is not the answer. 

Odelusi of course needs a run, just to judge the lad, BUT i do feel that you get a feel if someone is special? this kid doesn't do that to me? ok harsh and i really hope i am wrong. 

But that partnership is not going to set the place alight. Its a bit like Joe Mason i saw nothing in him, he played today and again i saw nothing. Just my thoughts.

77Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

That's what Hipster said, I just quoted him.

I said thats how i perceive a "negative performance" to look. I.E not what i saw today.

78Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:34

wessy wrote:It was bloody freezing, the lads showed a bit of spirit in a very even match, we had no creativity or penetration in the final third. The keeper spilling the ball was the only difference really. 

The only difference i have  with previous posters is, i cannot see for the life of me what Cravies offers?

Ok he deserves a chance i get that, but his touch is poor ,he is very strong but that's it, tell you this much, as much as we want rid of Ngog (and i do) trust me Cravies is not the answer. 

Odelusi of course needs a run, just to judge the lad, BUT i do feel that you get a feel if someone is special? this kid doesn't do that to me? ok harsh and i really hope i am wrong. 

But that partnership is not going to set the place alight. Its a bit like Joe Mason i saw nothing in him, he played today and again i saw nothing. Just my thoughts.

Agree with every word of that, thought C Davies was poor surprised by Karly picking him out to be honest.

Think he needs some more game time to be honest but he's certainly not a lone striker in my eyes, he's just not mobile or clever enough with his movement.

79Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:44

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
wessy wrote:It was bloody freezing, the lads showed a bit of spirit in a very even match, we had no creativity or penetration in the final third. The keeper spilling the ball was the only difference really. 

Agree with every word of that, thought C Davies was poor surprised by Karly picking him out to be honest.

Think he needs some more game time to be honest but he's certainly not a lone striker in my eyes, he's just not mobile or clever enough with his movement.

I agree with that, especially the bloody freezing bit.

80Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:53

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster is right. For me negative football is what we saw when Big Sam was in charge and was then continued by Megson, changed by Coyle but then reverted back to. Dougie's football isn't negative, its just lacking something up top at the moment. Our general play on the ball is decent in a lot of ways but somehow lacking when we look to break teams down....
Having said that it would have been nice to see Moritz on sooner to try to start controlling the game for an extended period - by the time he came on it was all a bit of a rush and too many mistakes were creeping in....

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum