Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup

+22
guest66
terenceanne
scottjames30
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
wanderlust
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Norpig
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:55

Agree with that Biggie, getting Moritz on earlier would have been interesting. I actually think moving Danns back into CM alongside Spearing or Medo and starting Moritz would have been the best move. Danns is good on the ball and has plenty of energy so I think it could be his best position. I doubt Dougie will do it but would be nice to see that on Tuesday.

82Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:13

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I changed seats today, sat in the West upper near the Cardiff end, what i noticed from that vantage point a few times we broke with a through ball out wide. Begging for a ball into the box, BUT we had no white shirts in the box, and the midfield made no effort to get into a goal scoring position the move broke down, Under Sam if we knocked a ball up to Big Kev, then someone made a run. Not happening these  days,just an observation.

83Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Biggie wrote:Hipster is right. For me negative football is what we saw when Big Sam was in charge .

Shocked Are you serious? We played to our strengths under Sam with the likes of Davies, Nolan, Okocha and Youri.

Apart from the long ball up to Davo it was far from negative, whatever it was it fucking worked and you can't say what Dougie doing is now is working, whether he's setting us up positive or negative.

84Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Odelusi of course needs a run, just to judge the lad, BUT i do feel that you get a feel if someone is special? this kid doesn't do that to me? ok harsh and i really hope i am wrong. 

Not harsh at all. Unfortunately odelusi isn't something special and will not make the grade here, his first touch and footballing brain is only at conference level. May well become an average championship player eventually, reminds me of jermaine Johnson

85Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:25

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Complete crap again. No end product and dougies football is just painful to watch. As has been stated many times by a lot of the fans, medo and spearing are incapable of playing with each other. Craig davies lacked support and it's painfully obvious how little we practise set pieces. Dougie is turning us in to a laughing stock. We don't play with any pace, any creativity we just have no idea what to do when we get near the opposition goal. Did not threaten at all, give it a couple of weeks and we'll be in the relegation zone. Biggie, Wanderlust etc how long will it take you to realise we are only heading one way?

86Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

guest66 wrote:Complete crap again. No end product and dougies football is just painful to watch. As has been stated many times by a lot of the fans, medo and spearing are incapable of playing with each other. Craig davies lacked support and it's painfully obvious how little we practise set pieces.  Dougie is turning us in to a laughing stock. We don't play with any pace, any creativity we just have no idea what to do when we get near the opposition goal. Did not threaten at all, give it a couple of weeks and we'll be in the relegation zone. Biggie, Wanderlust etc how long will it take you to realise we are only heading one way?

:agree: 

87Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think this game tells us anything new about this team, except maybe that Dougie's even more boring than we thought.

A lot of people say things like "there's no passion" and "they just don't look interested" but I don't see this. I think the effort is OK, we just don't have enough bodies in the right areas at the right moments, and nobody is consistently coming up with a useful end product. In fact, it's like nobody wants to be the one delivering the end product. So often we see players passing or dribbling it around aimlessly, passing up on good opportunities to cross or shoot.

It was a breath of fresh air in the last round to see us at least playing an open, positive game. I was looking forward to more of the same given how not that seriously we should be taking ourselves in the cup, but this was a very careful performance. You can't blame our attacking moves not developing into chances purely on lack of quality. Again, it comes down to not having enough players in the right areas. Today we had two defensive midfielders doing one job, and a lone striker who was completely lost, which has been the case more often than not all season. Is it any wonder that when the likes of Lee, Eagles and Danns took the ball forward, it usually materialised into nothing more than an easy tidy up job for the Cardiff defenders?

88Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:32

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It was a poor game today. There was nothing between the two sides. We were toothless in attack, which was expected. I'm not bothered that we're out of the cup to be honest, we don't have the squad at the moment for more games.

McNaughton seemed to be playing at left back for Cardiff today and he didn't look out of place. We really need to try and sort out a deal for him, as I think he's ideal for us.

I don't know why Dougie seems to be such a Joe Mason fan, he didn't do anything imo and Dougie would be better off looking at other potential strikers.

89Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sat Jan 25 2014, 22:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:It was a poor game today. There was nothing between the two sides. We were toothless in attack, which was expected. I'm not bothered that we're out of the cup to be honest, we don't have the squad at the moment for more games.

McNaughton seemed to be playing at left back for Cardiff today and he didn't look out of place. We really need to try and sort out a deal for him, as I think he's ideal for us.

I don't know why Dougie seems to be such a Joe Mason fan, he didn't do anything imo and Dougie would be better off looking at other potential strikers.
McNaughton won't come here. I'd like him to but it won't happen this season at least. 

Joe Mason had a bad day but he IS a pretty good player and given how woeful our attackers were and how wasteful I think if we could get him back we should BUT not as a bloody bench warmer. 

For the most part I think this was a much improved performance after Reading but that's not saying much and it showed up our fatal weaknesses in both defence and attack again. Lonergan dropped a clanger true but the defence should have dealt with it well before that happened. For my money Lonergan has been good since he came in and this was the first real mistake I've seen him make. I just hope DF doesn't use it as an excuse to put Bogdan back in on Tuesday because I think Andy's done enough to be forgiven one slip and deserves a little faith that he's going to put it right against QPR.

Attack, well, what can I really say. Moritz should have started, Odelusi is OK but not mega special imo, Cravies was clearly not sharp and little wonder given how long he's had his ass on the bench before today. 

This might well have been a very different result if CYL had legs about two inches longer, that chance at the very end of the first half was begging for just a tiny touch to send it the right side of the post. That said we were being pushed back for a lot of the game, yes we had some periods of being on the front foot but we seemed to run out of steam and ideas very quickly every time and reverted to hoof it and hope. 

I'm disappointed we're out of the cup, even more so that we pretty much shot ourselves because Cardiff didn't look like A premier League outfit to me. We made one mistake, got punished for it as we always do and yet again lacked that cutting edge that any club wanting to climb the league or do well in a cup has to have. We frankly should have won this one, we didn't because of some poor individual displays and a clear lack of ideas and creativity. It was an improvement of sorts but it really only highlighted our weaknesses again.

90Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 09:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

To be honest, I'm getting tired of the 'We don't have the players' theme that is even now being put out by the manager. We DO have the players for football at this level, what we don't have is the passion, pride, or, more importantly, the technical know-how. I sometimes wonder what changes would be made if, for example, Big Sam came back, but one thing I do know, our performances would be changed, if not turned around. Its about time we stopped bleating about the quality of the players, and made, (helped), them earn their pay.

91Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 10:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:It was a poor game today. There was nothing between the two sides. We were toothless in attack, which was expected. I'm not bothered that we're out of the cup to be honest, we don't have the squad at the moment for more games.

McNaughton won't come here. I'd like him to but it won't happen this season at least. 

Joe Mason had a bad day but he IS a pretty good player and given how woeful our attackers were and how wasteful I think if we could get him back we should BUT not as a bloody bench warmer. 

For the most part I think this was a much improved performance after Reading but that's not saying much and it showed up our fatal weaknesses in both defence and attack again. Lonergan dropped a clanger true but the defence should have dealt with it well before that happened. For my money Lonergan has been good since he came in and this was the first real mistake I've seen him make. I just hope DF doesn't use it as an excuse to put Bogdan back in on Tuesday because I think Andy's done enough to be forgiven one slip and deserves a little faith that he's going to put it right against QPR.

Attack, well, what can I really say. Moritz should have started, Odelusi is OK but not mega special imo, Cravies was clearly not sharp and little wonder given how long he's had his ass on the bench before today. 

This might well have been a very different result if CYL had legs about two inches longer, that chance at the very end of the first half was begging for just a tiny touch to send it the right side of the post. That said we were being pushed back for a lot of the game, yes we had some periods of being on the front foot but we seemed to run out of steam and ideas very quickly every time and reverted to hoof it and hope. 

I'm disappointed we're out of the cup, even more so that we pretty much shot ourselves because Cardiff didn't look like A premier League outfit to me. We made one mistake, got punished for it as we always do and yet again lacked that cutting edge that any club wanting to climb the league or do well in a cup has to have. We frankly should have won this one, we didn't because of some poor individual displays and a clear lack of ideas and creativity. It was an improvement of sorts but it really only highlighted our weaknesses again.
Good points.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

92Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 10:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:To be honest, I'm getting tired of the 'We don't have the players' theme that is even now being put out by the manager. We DO have the players for football at this level, what we don't have is the passion, pride, or, more importantly, the technical know-how. I sometimes wonder what changes would be made if, for example, Big Sam came back, but one thing I do know, our performances would be changed, if not turned around. Its about time we stopped bleating about the quality of the players, and made, (helped), them earn their pay.

It won't happen whilst Freedman's in charge he's utterly and absolutely clueless. Most of the under-performers, even his myopic advocates on here must accept, are his own signings so it's no god continually blaming his predecessors, or the fact he's no Money. He's made over 20 signings, loan and permanent since he's been here and none of them work, in fact not one can consider themselves a regular first teamer other than through necessity. Bleating on about youth is now wearing very thin, recruiting for the future is bluff, we need action now not tomorrow. It's ok getting rid of our high earners but if you're only going to reinvest in crap what's the point? It just means we get worse and worse. Many managers have and are working under much worse constraints so please leave out the hardship garbage. All of these problems including the wrong team set ups, confidence lacking players and poor tactics are down to one thing. Freedman, he has to go and go now before he destroys our club even more than he has so far.

93Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 10:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Dougie certainly getting the backing of this guy. 

Good to see. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can understand the frustration of the fans but is this kind of abuse really necessary?

94Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 11:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Dougie certainly getting the backing of this guy. 

Good to see. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can understand the frustration of the fans but is this kind of abuse really necessary?

No, it's most definately not. I'm at least as frustrated as anyone over Freedman' continuation here but resorting to insults like that is unacceptable. Sadly we do have some less than intelligent and inarticulate idiots who can only use that language rather than make their case intellectually.

95Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 12:03

Whitesince63 wrote:He's made over 20 signings, loan and permanent since he's been here and none of them work, in fact not one can consider themselves a regular first teamer other than through necessity. Bleating on about youth is now wearing very thin, recruiting for the future is bluff, we need action now not tomorrow. It's ok getting rid of our high earners but if you're only going to reinvest in crap what's the point? 

None of his signings work? None of them can consider themselves first teamers? Danns, Moritz, Beckford, Medo, Spearing, Baptiste, McNaughton, Dawson - Not one of these worked or could have considered themselves first teamers? 

This cliché of 'throw the youth in' is getting really old, if they're not ready (and we've seen nothing to suggest they are) then it's no good throwing them in yet. He's said himself he's expecting them to start coming through next season.

Recruiting for the future is a bluff? He's signed more youth team players in 15 months with us than I can recall Megson/Coyle doing throughout their combined tenure. The fact you won't acknowledge this because you want instant results only goes to show you don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid, players need time to develop.

96Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 13:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Dougie's record with the loans isn't too bad considering it's a hit and miss business. 

How many of us had heard of Dawson? not many I'd suggest, Liam Feeney? Dogshit apparently, came in and provided a spark, Neil Danns, "fcking shit" apparently, now certainly one of our better players. Moritz? (short deal) "he only signs his mates doh" fan favourite now. 

Obviously not all of them work out, Butterfield springs to mind, clearly a poor choice there, but you'll find that with most managers working in the loan market, the scrap heap basically. 

utilisation of the players is probably an area more ripe for criticism I'd wager.

97Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 13:57

Hipster_Nebula wrote:utilisation of the players is probably an area more ripe for criticism I'd wager.

Agreed, the constant switching of the attacking midfielders/strikers can't help to build understanding. A bit of a problem is that both Moritz's and Mavie's best position is at number 10 but neither get a run there for more than 2 games at a time. Partly due to fitness but partly Dougie's rotation. A proper run in that role behind a striker though and we'll see much better interplay in the final 3rd.

98Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 15:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:He's made over 20 signings, loan and permanent since he's been here and none of them work, in fact not one can consider themselves a regular first teamer other than through necessity. Bleating on about youth is now wearing very thin, recruiting for the future is bluff, we need action now not tomorrow. It's ok getting rid of our high earners but if you're only going to reinvest in crap what's the point? 

None of his signings work? None of them can consider themselves first teamers? Danns, Moritz, Beckford, Medo, Spearing, Baptiste, McNaughton, Dawson - Not one of these worked or could have considered themselves first teamers? 

This cliché of 'throw the youth in' is getting really old, if they're not ready (and we've seen nothing to suggest they are) then it's no good throwing them in yet. He's said himself he's expecting them to start coming through next season.

Recruiting for the future is a bluff? He's signed more youth team players in 15 months with us than I can recall Megson/Coyle doing throughout their combined tenure. The fact you won't acknowledge this because you want instant results only goes to show you don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid, players need time to develop.

74' if you're going to respond to a post then at least read it until you understand it. Secondly don't put things in there that weren't said. None of those players you named can consider themselves first choice because they spend as much time out of the team as in it. The simple fact is none of them are good enough. 

No problem signing kids for the years to come, any manager with the academy we have would do that. I didn't say throw untried and inexperienced young players in but in case you hadn't noticed, we are only just outside the bottom 3 and could well be in it before we next play at home. Next year isn't good enough we need players who can perform now so we stay up. I personally think we're in serious, serious danger of going down under Freedman. Sadly you're the kind who will allow it to happen with your pathetic, myopic illusion of him. Not me who doesn't know what he's talking about 74 and I'll have no pleasure in reminding you of that in Div 1 next year.

99Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 15:41

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Well, Cardiff are due to sign Fabio from Man U and I reckon we have a great chance of signing McNaughton.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

100Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Cardiff City - FA Cup Sun Jan 26 2014, 15:53

Whitesince63 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

74' if you're going to respond to a post then at least read it until you understand it. Secondly don't put things in there that weren't said. None of those players you named can consider themselves first choice because they spend as much time out of the team as in it. The simple fact is none of them are good enough. 

No problem signing kids for the years to come, any manager with the academy we have would do that. I didn't say throw untried and inexperienced young players in but in case you hadn't noticed, we are only just outside the bottom 3 and could well be in it before we next play at home. Next year isn't good enough we need players who can perform now so we stay up. I personally think we're in serious, serious danger of going down under Freedman. Sadly you're the kind who will allow it to happen with your pathetic, myopic illusion of him. Not me who doesn't know what he's talking about 74 and I'll have no pleasure in reminding you of that in Div 1 next year.

What have I put in there that wasn't in your post?

All of the above were or are regularly in the first team. If you don't think any of them are good enough, then I'd like to know who in our squad you think is?

Clearly Myopic is your favourite word at the moment, but Im not claiming Freedman's done a great job this season or that we aren't in a relegation fight. Im just a little more realistic about what our problems are than you. Stating that all of the above players aren't good enough is wrong IMO, and Im not sure how you can make a judgement like that when you've refused to see any games under Freedman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum