Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good tv series?

+10
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
White84
Leeds_Trotter
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Good tv series? Empty Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does anyone know of any good TV series to watch? Ones I have already watched are.... Game Of Thrones, The Following, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Me and our lass are currently watching Under The Dome but we are getting towards the end and I just wanting to know what else is out there that is any good. Thanks!

2Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:09

The Wire

True Detective

3Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:09

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Scrapers is pretty good a fly in the wall look at one of Europes biggest Scrap yard based in Bolton.

4Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:10

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Depends what you like. If your in to dystopian stuff, try BBC's survivors. About a mutilated virus that kills 99.99999% of the world population, trust me, it's fantastic.

5Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banshee is a favourite of a few on here, other crackers are
Boardwalk Empire
Sons of Anarchy
The Wire
The Sopranos
Dexter
That should keep you going for a while!

Last edited by Norpig on Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:11; edited 1 time in total

6Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:11

Banshee, The Blacklist and Luther are all available on Sky and are worth watching.

7Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Depends what you like. If your in to dystopian stuff, try BBC's survivors. About a mutilated virus that kills 99.99999% of the world population, trust me, it's fantastic.
Not a large cast though by the sounds of it.

8Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:17

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well I'm into all sorts, as shown from the list of things I have already watched. Think from what I've watched breaking bad, game of thrones and walking dead have been my favourite. It's a tie between the 3. The Following was great with all the twists and turns. Cheers for the help anyway fellas.

9Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Does anyone know of any good TV series to watch? Ones I have already watched are.... Game Of Thrones, The Following, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Me and our lass are currently watching Under The Dome but we are getting towards the end and I just wanting to know what else is out there that is any good. Thanks!

Prison Break, The Wire, Dexter, 24, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods, House Of Cards and The Americans.

Treat your lass to Orange is the new Black! She will love it!

10Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:20

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Banshee if you ain't already seen it.You need to see series 1 first then 2 has just finished.
Best programmer on TV in recent times.Banshee is on Sky Box sets now series 1.
I enjoyed Revolution series one can be found on Sky box sets.Series 2 ended a bit back but series 1 is good about America when the lights go out.

11Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't watch much telly but am currently watching educating the east end which isn't bad.

12Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:34

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Does anyone know of any good TV series to watch? Ones I have already watched are.... Game Of Thrones, The Following, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Me and our lass are currently watching Under The Dome but we are getting towards the end and I just wanting to know what else is out there that is any good. Thanks!

Prison Break, The Wire, Dexter, 24, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods, House Of Cards and The Americans.

Treat your lass to Orange is the new Black! She will love it!
We watched the first episode before we went away and I fell asleep. Not because I didn't like it though, so might give it another shot. Orange is the new black that is.

13Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched it on holiday. It's a black comedy ( am I allowed to say that? ) which my wife and I both enjoyed. Very funny whether you are male or female. I am looking forward to season 2.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:43; edited 1 time in total

14Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Prison Break definitely, also The Blacklist, Falling Skies & Suits.

Best of all though is Person Of Interest.

15Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Prison Break is brilliant as long as you can suspend your disbelief and ignore the flaws in the plot. I thoroughly enjoyed it but if I was being critical I would describe the scenarios as pretty far fetched. Nevertheless, some of the characters were brilliant and I would recommend the series to anyone who enjoys a bit of escapism.

The Sopranos is a must see and if you want something visual that isn't too abysmal then Lost is well worth it as well.

16Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:The Wire

True Detective

:like:

17Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 20:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Wire was brilliant. Dominic West plays a superb Irish cop. Great storylines which reminded me of Hill Street Blues and NYPD back in the day.

18Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Wire is garbage. I didn't get it. It was slow. It was trying to be a very bad episode of Law & Order.

19Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat you need help.

20Good tv series? Empty Re: Good tv series? Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:45

Anybody that thinks Person of Interest is better than the wire has very poor taste. I saw a couple of episodes the acting was crap and he storyline over the top and cheesy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum