Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 WBA

+16
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
jayjay23
Keegan
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
xmiles
Spillthebeans
Reebok Trotter
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 18:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The problem though Gloswhite, is that some of the deadwood I propose to get rid of, are not doing the job - even when they should be playing for a new contract. If a relegation battle and the prospect of being unattached is not enough to get them going, what hope is there that they will suddenly decide to play to their full potential in the lower leagues? I'm looking for players with desire more than ability. Desire is what makes you dive in front of that shot destined for goal, desire makes you determined that the opposition will not get to that cross before you do, desire makes you slide in to clear that shot off the line, desire make you fight tooth and nail to score two goals because the opposition just scored one against you. We have talented players in the ranks such as Chungy, Holden, Ream, Wheater, NRC, Bogdan & Mavies who just need to be complemented by players who give a crap and want to do well.

Coyle out!
(Forgive my passion... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

142Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 18:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:People assume there will be a clearout if we go down but the biggest problem is Coyle. If we keep him he will probably retain half the people that should go (he's already hinted that he wants to keep SKD). We will not get promoted next season with Coyle in charge.

People make this assumption based on the number of older players who are out of contract, and who were under contract when Coyle arrived. It's a fair assumption. Jaaskelainen, Klasnic, Robinson, Knight, K Davies, Ricketts, S Davis were all in contract when Coyle arrived and you can add Gardner, Petrov and Blake to the out of contract players, I'd say it's a fair assumption that more than half these players will be out the door.

EDIT: I should add that Miyachi and Tuncay will also be back at their parent clubs.

143Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 18:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't disagree with you, in fact I agree 100%. Its just that the situation we have now got ourselves in, will take more guile and tactics, not to mention-man management and planning, than our current management can offer. As a result we will be fairly brittle and the return path will be a bit longer than we would hope. Bloody hell, yesterday has really got me depressed.Crying or Very sad

144Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 18:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Tell you what, you have two beers there and I'll have two beers here.

Misery loves company.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

145Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 19:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next season the Championship will have Blackburn & Wolves who both have a bit of cash to spend. Ditto Sheffield Wednesday & Charlton. Two of Blackpool, West Ham and Birmingham as well. No way can we compete under Coyle at PL or Campionship level.

If he really is out of contract I cannot believe the club would be foolish enough to offer him a new deal. Ok, I do believe they would.

146Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 20:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Keegan, you're on ! Very Happy

147Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Tue May 08 2012, 01:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm all for a clearout but only after we have replacements in-house. In otherwords do not leave us in our typical position at 5 to midnight on deadline day struggling to make some signings. Most of the out of contract players I would offer a one year deal at a reduced wage. Some will take it, others can try their luck on the market.
I can't see a rush by anyone for most of our donkey's ....if so then good luck to them, no hard feelings just business.

148Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 14 2012, 06:43

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Lofty_Love wrote:I cant believe that any fan truly wants to be in a lower league, people never say that when their sitting comfortably in 14th..

I said that a while ago, and I stand by it. It was great going down to Exeter for a midweek game even if we did lose 2-1. Southend away on boxing day with a 12 o'clock kick-off ? No problem. The results didn't always matter, it was the effort that the team put in. I went on a few of the pre season tours to the Isle of Man. Great times, all the players out with the fans, buying drinks. Phil Brown and Tony Philliskirk buying every Bolton fan in the place a drink. I bet none of these high paid players we have today would even share the same room with us minnions. The problem with the Premier League is that unless you are one of the usual top six teams, every single result matters. Look at how many home games against "shit" teams we lost. In days gone by we would never lose at home to half of the teams that beat us this season, and ultimately that is what has killed us this season. On top of that when you see the players not giving a shit we are better off in the lower leagues anyway. We don't deserve to be in the Prem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum