Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Lennon get the sack? Vote!

+14
terenceanne
Sluffy
NickFazer
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
FullofSprite
Hip Priest
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Would you sack Lennon?

Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_lcap9%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_lcap68%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_rcap 68% [ 23 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_lcap21%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_rcap 21% [ 7 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_lcap2%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Nov 24 2015, 22:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We find ourselves in the strange position of many Bolton fans not calling for a manager to be sacked - or not that I have noticed.

Have we all lost interest or do we actually want this manager to stay despite 1 win all season and hardly any goals?

Should Lennon get the sack? And how much longer would you give him?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Nov 24 2015, 22:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the problem.  We have been here before with Dougie and Owen and if we sack Neil, what is going to change?

The players are shit end of and no dosh to spend as of yet to enhance the team.

3Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Nov 24 2015, 22:22

He isn't going to get sacked till after a takover goes through. Eddie won't want to pay him and his staff off.

4Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Nov 24 2015, 22:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd really like to see the fans back Lennon for the foreseeable future.

So far I think the crowd has remained pretty reasonable - the results have been awful and performances only slightly better - but I guess it's only a matter of time before everybody starts slating each and every thing he does.

Only a few weeks ago at the match I heard some tit coming out with "thing is ye, this lot slated Freedman, but at least..."

Reminded me so very much of when everyone finally turned on Coyle and decided in hindsight that in Megson we actually had some tactical guru.

5Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:04

Just been listening to Lennon on 5Live again.

Been on since 7 and it finishes at 9.

He's laughing and joking with Chappers and Dion and Henry Winter and talking about the prospect of Messi coming to England and Jack Grealish going on the piss and other general football stuff.

But should he not be sat at home finalising his plans for destroying Brentford?

I know we don't play 'til Monday but should he really be taking Aunty's shilling at the moment or should he politely decline and stick to trying to get us out of the shit?

Or has he officially given up on Bolton?

And if so, do we blame him?

I dunno....

6Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Totally agree. He clearly isn't 100% committed to BWFC, I reckon he sees his future in the media.

Fuck him.

7Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:10

Let's face it he can do what he wants, he's not getting sacked and he's already got a ready made excuse for why it went tits up at Bolton. 

I'm willing to give him a few games under new ownership, the whole club needs a lift including him and the squad.

8Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he doesn't really believe in his heart, that he can save us. Tor that reason he has one more game, to make me completely sure he doesn't believe.

9Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I get what you're saying but it's 2 hours. Surely the man can't be expected to sit at home miserable, staring at a tactics board 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If he wasn't doing that he'd probably only be sat at home anyway. All the work is done during the day and everyone deserves to be able to knock off at some point in the day surely. If there was a picture of him pushing his kids on a swing at the park would we be saying he's bang out of order for spending time with his kids when he should be planning for a game. It's not realistic.

10Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Give him until Christmas with one caveat - pick your best team and play it consistently. If there are signs that we are improving and starting to climb the table then I'd give him longer. If not, change it up for the sake of a few new manager syndrome points. I don't believe anyone can do better with this shower of dimwits but we would have to try something.

I hope he pulls it off.

11Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 23:13

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You can't win football matches without scoring goals. Similarly you can't score goals if you have shit/slow/aging/fat/decrepit/clumsy strikers. No manager could turn around our teams fortunes with the resources at Lennon's disposal. He was a good manager last season with better players at his disposal and I can't see any reason for wanting to get shut of him.
The best scenario us fans can hope for at the moment is that whatever changes behind the scenes between now and January helps us to bring in some decent new blood in the transfer window.
If that doesn't happen I don't know any manager who I would back to turn things around. The return from injury of the likes of Clough,Silva etc may also give us a chance.
Sack Lennon? Not for me.

12Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Fri Nov 27 2015, 23:22

Bolton Nuts

Admin

As I mentioned in a recent past thread, I think the players are being poorly coached in certain aspects of the game. I don't believe this "nobody could do it better with our squad" line.

There are some things we are getting right but many things that we are not. And its not down to ability, its down to coaching methods, drills and tactics.

13Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:43

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hip Priest wrote:You can't win football matches without scoring goals. Similarly you can't score goals if you have shit/slow/aging/fat/decrepit/clumsy strikers. No manager could turn around our teams fortunes with the resources at Lennon's disposal. He was a good manager last season with better players at his disposal and I can't see any reason for wanting to get shut of him.
The best scenario us fans can hope for at the moment is that whatever changes behind the scenes between now and January helps us to bring in some decent new blood in the transfer window.
If that doesn't happen I don't know any manager who I would back to turn things around. The return from injury of the likes of Clough,Silva etc may also give us a chance.
Sack Lennon? Not for me.
Not sure whether it should be new board, new manager. Put the old regime to bed.

Lennon said himself that the players hr brought in were better than the ones released. Plainly not true.

Don't think the players believe in him anymore and are not playing for him - time to go

14Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sat Nov 28 2015, 21:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hip Priest wrote:You can't win football matches without scoring goals. Similarly you can't score goals if you have shit/slow/aging/fat/decrepit/clumsy strikers. No manager could turn around our teams fortunes with the resources at Lennon's disposal. He was a good manager last season with better players at his disposal and I can't see any reason for wanting to get shut of him.
Sack Lennon? Not for me.

+1

Bear in mind though that half the soothsayers on here who want him to go spend fuck all through the gates, unlike you and I HP.

15Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sat Nov 28 2015, 21:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FullofSprite wrote:
Sack Lennon? Not for me.
Not sure whether it should be new board, new manager. Put the old regime to bed.

Lennon said himself that the players hr brought in were better than the ones released. Plainly not true.

Don't think the players believe in him anymore and are not playing for him - time to go

That's only a summation. Neither you nor I know what the finances are and he's hardly going to say the ones he brought in are shite, even though to some extent, it's blatantly obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse.
Name me a manager who can used the cards dealt better?

16Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sat Nov 28 2015, 22:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 3 people that have voted him out now in Biggie's poll and 7 who voted for him to have until Xmas are daft as it won't change anything due to the squad we have.

There is only so much the manager can do and I am sure he is trying his best just like the previous managers we have had.

It will cost us money to dump him and it will be a waste in my opinion.

You can't get a Rolls Royce for the price of a turd in the respect of players.

17Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sat Nov 28 2015, 22:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Understandable to at least consider the manager's position when we're 5 points from safety but whilst  there's little to be gained from blaming the manager, he does have the advantage of having crystal clear objectives and known resources - so it's reasonable to expect a visible response. Whether that will come from from improved performances, changed tactics or different starting players I don't know but it will have to come from somewhere.

18Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sat Nov 28 2015, 22:42

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:The 3 people that have voted him out now in Biggie's poll and 7 who voted for him to have until Xmas are daft as it won't change anything due to the squad we have.

There is only so much the manager can do and I am sure he is trying his best just like the previous managers we have had.

It will cost us money to dump him and it will be a waste in my opinion.

You can't get a Rolls Royce for the price of a turd in the respect of players.

I voted to change it up at Christmas but only if it's a desperate scenario with no signs of improvement. As much as I'd like to see Lennon succeed, I don't think we can just sit back and watch us sink even lower down the football league.

Gary Megson was replaced by Owen Coyle to great effect. Briefly. Then we just gave up and watched Coyle take us down. We can't do that again.

Dick Advocaat replaced by Sam Allardyce at Sunderland is a good example. Down and out, dreadful squad, no hope of survival. 6 points from the last 2 games. I know it's only 2 games but my money is on him keeping them up.

19Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 09:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And Freedman replaced Coyle with great effect and Lennon replaced Freedman with great effect last year. All in the short term of course!!
That supposed million that BSA wanted to get Viduka is looking like Gartside's greatest bollock of all!!
And the amount ginger nuts was given?!

20Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 09:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Are people saying that this set of players is performing to their best possible standard and that no manager could make them play better ?

I think we are badly organised in some areas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum