Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Lennon get the sack? Vote!

+14
terenceanne
Sluffy
NickFazer
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
FullofSprite
Hip Priest
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Would you sack Lennon?

Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 68% [ 23 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% [ 7 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 09:49

According to Lennon in today's BN, he doesn't think the players are short on confidence.

And if he really believes that, I'm concerned.

22Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 11:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who gives à shit.What he says and thinks are two different things.

23Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Who gives à shit.What he says and thinks are two different things.

Correct!
People would bellyache if he said we are shite and we know we are!!
I wonder how many on here are going tomorrow or who will be sat watching after "Corrie"?

24Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:21

Soul Kitchen wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Who gives à shit.What he says and thinks are two different things.

Correct!
I wonder how many on here are going tomorrow or who will be sat watching after "Corrie"?
Sarah Lou comes back and finds out she is pregnant with Callums baby, Callum is buried under the extension floor after being killed by Sarahs sister in law. Can't wait till tomorrow.

25Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad I don't watch constipation street anymore if that is what happens on it these days Barb.

26Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:35

I'm not saying anything

27Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:36

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One or two players and a fully fit Clough, Clayton and Silva would be enough to get us out of trouble IMO.

28Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:38

y2johnny wrote:I'm not saying anything
Did you need to tell us that?

29Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Yes as it really isn't like him to not say anything. Very Happy

30Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:53

Thats another way to get my post count up, tell you I'm not saying anything.

31Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 13:13

karlypants wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:
Yes as it really isn't like him to not say anything. Very Happy

I meant about corrie. I'm contractually obligated and can't say a word Smile

Might not be #itk about bwfc.......but corrie Very Happy

32Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 13:35

I just read about it in the T.V book so I don't have watch it.

33Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 14:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Correct!
Sarah Lou comes back and finds out she is pregnant with Callums baby, Callum is buried under the extension floor after being killed by Sarahs sister in law. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Ffs you've spoiled it now! Just finishing watching the last episode with Minnie Caldwell's cat in!!!

34Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Sun Nov 29 2015, 14:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Correct!
Just finishing watching the last episode with Minnie Caldwell's cat in!!!
You are showing your age now. Very Happy

35Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 00:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There really is no point to sacking Lennon (and by implication most if not all of his backroom team) right now, irrespective of how the team performs.

Apart from the obvious additional cost of settling their contracts, who in their right minds could the club attract in their place right now AND if there is a takeover near, would the new owner want them / they want to work with the new owner.

Far cheaper to stick with him for better or worse because if we can't pay the wages now, then how will we afford to pay them for the next six contractual months too?

If we do go into Administration, we will get docked 12 points and be relegated anyway.

If a new owner takes us on before then, then I honestly doubt it will be for the good of the football side of the business and thus we wont be strengthening the team in the January window anyway.

Does anybody really think that some White Knight will ride to our rescue, buy a club leaking a £1 million per month, pay to replace Lennon and his staff, pay to bring in a new manager and their staff, and then pay some more millions to strengthen a team to simply stave off relegation this season?

I don't.

And I can't see a financial case to get rid of Lennon for the foreseeable future because of that.

Lennon will go when we hit Administration or when the club is sold (and the new owners want a change) and not before imo.

36Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 12:35

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:There really is no point to sacking Lennon (and by implication most if not all of his backroom team) right now, irrespective of how the team performs.

Apart from the obvious additional cost of settling their contracts, who in their right minds could the club attract in their place right now AND if there is a takeover near, would the new owner want them / they want to work with the new owner.

Far cheaper to stick with him for better or worse because if we can't pay the wages now, then how will we afford to pay them for the next six contractual months too?

If we do go into Administration, we will get docked 12 points and be relegated anyway.

If a new owner takes us on before then, then I honestly doubt it will be for the good of the football side of the business and thus we wont be strengthening the team in the January window anyway.

Does anybody really think that some White Knight will ride to our rescue, buy a club leaking a £1 million per month, pay to replace Lennon and his staff, pay to bring in a new manager and their staff, and then pay some more millions to strengthen a team to simply stave off relegation this season?

I don't.

And I can't see a financial case to get rid of Lennon for the foreseeable future because of that.

Lennon will go when we hit Administration or when the club is sold (and the new owners want a change) and not before imo.
Or if Lennon gets a job elsewhere or he quits

37Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 12:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:There really is no point to sacking Lennon (and by implication most if not all of his backroom team) right now, irrespective of how the team performs.

I don't.

Or if Lennon gets a job elsewhere or he quits
Can't see Lennon quitting now - he's invested way too much in saying to the media how he's "up for the challenge" and is "going to see it through". He couldn't cope with being labelled a quitter as it goes against the image he has cultivated. Plus he can't lose if he stays because nobody (important) will blame him for our relegation.

38Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 13:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I can't see him walking away from the job whilst we are bottom of the league and cast adrift.

For the same reason (bottom of the league and cast adrift) I can't see any other club tapping him up whilst he is contracted to the club.

Therefore I think he will see out his contract but before he gets to the end of it I believe we will either be put in Administration (and probably ultimately sacked by the Administrator as a money saving measure) or the club will be taken over and the new regime decides to keep him or not.

That's my view of things anyway.

39Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 13:44

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I can't see him walking away from the job whilst we are bottom of the league and cast adrift.

For the same reason (bottom of the league and cast adrift) I can't see any other club tapping him up whilst he is contracted to the club.

Therefore I think he will see out his contract but before he gets to the end of it I believe we will either be put in Administration (and probably ultimately sacked by the Administrator as a money saving measure) or the club will be taken over and the new regime decides to keep him or not.

That's my view of things anyway.
I believe his contract is up at the of the season

40Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 17:43

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Neil has league one players to work with ......nowt can be done until new players can be brought in.  Mourino can't do anything with hundreds of millions worth of talent.  Neil can't afford a pudding n Chips night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum