Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Lennon get the sack? Vote!

+14
terenceanne
Sluffy
NickFazer
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
FullofSprite
Hip Priest
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Would you sack Lennon?

Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 68% [ 23 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% [ 7 ]
Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:00

terenceanne wrote:Neil has league one players to work with ......nowt can be done until new players can be brought in.  Mourino can't do anything with hundreds of millions worth of talent.  Neil can't afford a pudding n Chips night.

As I've said to you before, complete and utter tripe.

42Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:11

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

We've got a squad full of players who can't even trap a ball and play a ten yard pass because they're technically inept but Lennon doesn't help himself with some of his team selections and tactics.

I've said it before on here, perfect shit storm.

43Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is Lennon's team. They're all shit. He brought them to the club.

Lennon out.

44Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:23

We signed Madine because he was very, very cheap and this is down to the fact that he's utterly shite.

Nobody else wanted him and that means we were able to secure his (dubious) services for peanuts.

If Lennon had been given any money, he would have bought somebody else.

If the workforce at Whittam International were all suddenly wiped out in a freak leg-waxing accident and you could only bring in quadriplegic chimpanzees to replace them, would you expect them to excel?

45Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:25

Im not arguing the fact we lack quality, that's there for all to see. What I'm saying is regardless of how poor some of the players are they're not even playing as a team, with a plan and for me that's the manager's fault. 

He's got a seriously difficult job, especially when players aren't being paid. But at the end of the day there are other squads with poor players who are over achieving, one win in 26 or whatever it is is unacceptable and Lennon himself admits that.

46Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:We signed Madine because he was very, very cheap and this is down to the fact that he's utterly shite.

Nobody else wanted him and that means we were able to secure his (dubious) services for peanuts.

If Lennon had been given any money, he would have bought somebody else.

If the workforce at Whittam International were all suddenly wiped out in a freak leg-waxing accident and you could only bring in quadriplegic chimpanzees to replace them, would you expect them to excel?

You're suggesting it's better to bring in a donkey than nobody at all.

It's not.

47Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:30

So let's say we hadn't brought Madine, Heskey and Ameobi in.

Clayton's now injured (again) and Clough will be lucky if he gets 10 games under his belt this season.

Who do we play up front?

A couple of 16 year olds?

48Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:40

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Neil has league one players to work with ......nowt can be done until new players can be brought in.  Mourino can't do anything with hundreds of millions worth of talent.  Neil can't afford a pudding n Chips night.

As I've said to you before, complete and utter tripe.

Apparently others on here don't agree with your carefully worded retort.  Is your real name Bob Megson (half-brother of the Ginger)?  as you seem to know more than the rest of us......football not included of course.

49Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 18:50

I've put it to you properly before Terrence but you ignored it, so I went for the more concise version this time. 

Anybody who's seen us play this season and think these players are playing to their full potential has lost it IMO. That's not all Lennon's fault of course, motivating players who aren't getting paid must be next to impossible. 

But they're not even close to doing the basics right, when Lennon first came in the work rate and closing down was excellent, but since those initial few months it's gone off a cliff. To be fair last night we saw some of that work rate coming back, players running hard to close down but often it was just one individual rather than as a unit which renders it pretty useless actually as the opposition can just pass round us instead.

Lennon needs support, no doubt about it and that's why I wouldn't sack him until he's had a chance with some investment. But he looked a beaten man last night and I don't think he's pulling his weight.

50Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 19:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:I've put it to you properly before Terrence but you ignored it, so I went for the more concise version this time. 

Anybody who's seen us play this season and think these players are playing to their full potential has lost it IMO. That's not all Lennon's fault of course, motivating players who aren't getting paid must be next to impossible. 

But they're not even close to doing the basics right, when Lennon first came in the work rate and closing down was excellent, but since those initial few months it's gone off a cliff. To be fair last night we saw some of that work rate coming back, players running hard to close down but often it was just one individual rather than as a unit which renders it pretty useless actually as the opposition can just pass round us instead.

Lennon needs support, no doubt about it and that's why I wouldn't sack him until he's had a chance with some investment. But he looked a beaten man last night and I don't think he's pulling his weight.

When Neil came in he had the below or brought them last season.

Boggers, Mcnaughton, Mills, Ream, Mason, ALF, Beckford, Hall, Baptise, Eduir, Tierney, Lonnie, Chungy, Craig Davies, Bannon.  (Can't remember any others)

I would argue that most of the above are better players than the dross we have now. Therefore the motivation along with the new manager effect got us some good results.
Now all the shouting at a donkey can't make it a race horse. Not being organized on the pitch...I'll give you that one. I never said Neil was perfect.

51Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 19:26

You're clutching at straws, if you think most of those players you mention there are that good then Freedman did a far better job than you gave him credit for.

McNaughton = binned
Mason = binned
Beckford = binned
Hall = binned
Lonergan = binned
Craig Davies = binned

I'll give you Alf, Chungy and Bannan (only just) of the outfielders that were good assets to the first team. They could easily make a play off chasing side, nobody's asking Lennon to replace them with similar quality though, just enough quality to avoid relegation (or do better than 1 win in 26).

Most teams in the lower end of this division would love to have players like Amos, Prince, Wheater, Casado, Vela or Mark Davies, look at some of the squads we're in a dog fight with they're not flowing with quality but the ones who are picking up points can at least do the basics right. Which we're not, and that's absolutely inexcusable.

52Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Most teams in the lower end of this division would love to have players like Amos, Prince, Wheater, Casado, Vela or Mark Davies,

The wummed becomes the wum.

I actually laughed out loud.

53Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:29

I disagree, take a look at MK Dons, Preston, Rotherhams' squads they're awful, but at least they're players who will graft and do the hard work you need in a relegation scrap. I'm struggling to think of any of our players who are putting in full effort and playing to their maximum, and that's (mainly) the managers fault.

54Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Most teams in the lower end of this division would love to have players like Amos, Prince, Wheater, Casado, Vela or Mark Davies,

The wummed becomes the wum.

I actually laughed out loud.

He's spot on.

55Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:54

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

This job has destroyed Lennon, since Mjaltby left he's been trying to turn our shower of shit into a team

Players like Wilson, Pissano, Prince and Derick have been given a chance and made a balls of it and he's probably bollocked them like he did to Madine last night but they've told him to fuck off

In a crisis you need to play the players you trust but he hasn't got enough to make a consistent starting eleven, strikers who can't score tap in's or penaltys, defenders who can't do the basics and midfielders who can't string together more than 2 passes

He can't bring in any new players or try a different formation, his body language says he's run out of ideas, he's a dead man walking

56Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
He's spot on.

He's not. I'd take all of PNE's first team over ours. I bet Garner, now he's fit, scores more than Madine/Dobbin/Heskey/Clayton combined. And I bet Paul Gallagher has more assists come May than Mavies has appearances.

57Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:07

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
He's spot on.

He's not. I'd take all of PNE's first team over ours. I bet Garner, now he's fit, scores more than Madine/Dobbin/Heskey/Clayton combined. And I bet Paul Gallagher has more assists come May than Mavies has appearances.

Picking two of Preston's best players doesn't prove your point. Try again.

58Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Picking two of Preston's best players doesn't prove your point. Try again.

I'd go through many more but I can't be arsed.

Do we have any players as good as Gallagher and Garner? Not even close.

59Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:20

Again that doesn't prove your point even if you think it. My point was we have a squad that's better than bottom of the Championship with 1 win in 26. Do you seriously think he's getting the maximum out of these players?

60Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Lennon get the sack? Vote! Wed Dec 02 2015, 00:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lennon has no chance of doing anything with the junk he inherited and is stuck with. Frankly I don't think Jesus could get us up the table as things stand. I rate Lennon and if I was the new owner (should we ever get one) my very first order of business would be to sit down with him, assure him his job is safe and then put together a plan for him to rebuild the squad from the ground up in a five year plan. There is no way he can be expected to do much of anything when he doesn't even know who his bosses are going to be let alone what resources are going to be available to him. 

Personally I think we will enter administration in January. I suspect Neil may already know or be fairly certain that it's coming and has privately accepted we'll be in League One next season barring some sort of miracle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum