Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella

+20
FullofSprite
Mr Magoo
Cajunboy
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Chairmanda
JAH
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Norpig
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy

On a more serious note, the fact you're spot on and that nothing is coming from the club other than a deafening silence is deeply worrying to say the least and only causes the journalists and us to speculate all the more. I still do not believe that Disley's presence next to Dean was any kind of coincidence. I do think that may be why Birch was so quick to say the SSI bid didn't meet the criteria as I suspect he found out about Disley's involvement a day or two before the match and wanted to head off any suggestion he was not on the ball. 

I really think we'll see Admin in the next few days now, possibly as early as Friday. ED may think he's still in charge but he really isn't anymore. As Manda and I discussed a few days ago HMRC now holds all the cards. They have the power to shut us down and make no mistake they WILL do it unless they either get their money or have some concrete assurance that it's coming.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Admin is a real possibility, but the only reason I can think of that it hasn't happened ages ago is that the dialogue with potential buyers is ongoing.
Maybe they're clutching at straws but there must be some substance to it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Admin is a real possibility
I can assure you it will not come to that

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Admin is a real possibility
I can assure you it will not come to that
Excellent news as I appear to have staked my reputation as a top business analyst and strategist on an outcome that is unpredictable in the absence of facts. All I need now is for Bread to agree to cough up £25 when it doesn't happen. Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if bread is looking forward to his bollock sandwich?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy
You're quite right Peter - the London bus was actually found buried at the South Pole as this photo clearly shows:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I wonder if bread is looking forward to his bollock sandwich?

I'd forgotten about that. I almost said that's something I'd like to see until I realised it wasn't Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy
You're quite right Peter - the London bus was actually found buried at the South Pole as this photo clearly shows:

I was actually on that bus.

If I hadn't got off at the same stop as Elvis,I wouldn't be here today.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I was actually on that bus.

If I hadn't got off at the same stop as Elvis,I wouldn't be here today.
Yeah I think that's the circular route so you did well to get off otherwise you might have ended up at the North Pole and there are some right bastards up there including this animal:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit far fetched that one. Santa is a veggie.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Are you SURE that's santa? i always thought this was Santa.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is only one Santa. Looks familiar to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:There is only one Santa. Looks familiar to me.

Santa has a beard.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

the one and only Santa

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Santa has a beard.
No. Prince Edward has a beard.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Santa has a beard.
No. Prince Edward has a beard.

I thought it was his chin, my bad

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump - he's back!

This time sniffing around Blackpool!

Following on from my story earlier this week, Owen Oyston has been pictured with Jonathan Disley in the directors' box at Port Vale today (picture courtesy of @CameraSport) (Matt Scranton - the Marc Iles of Blackpool)

Jonathan Disley - the man identified by The Gazette last week as the mystery man in talks over a potential investment in Blackpool Football Club - has been pictured with Owen Oyston at today’s friendly at Port Vale.

The businessman - dubbed the ‘King of Marbella’ - has been in talks with Oyston for several weeks and even joined him for his trip to Latvia, where he held talks with Valeri Belokon. While the nature of the proposed investment remains unclear, it is understood it could involve Oyston taking out a third-party loan which would likely involve huge interest payments.

It has also been rumoured that the deal could involve Disley taking a majority share of Blackpool Football Club Properties (Limited) - the Oyston-owned company formerly known as Segesta that has the controlling stake in the football club.In 2013, Disley was jailed for four-and-a-half years for a £675,000 bank fraud.Preston Crown Court heard a gang, headed by Disley, targeted companies which were in financial difficulty, took them over and stripped them of their assets.However, last year Disley’s conviction was later quashed at the Court of Appeal.

In December 2015, he was pictured with Dean Holdsworth at the time his company Sports Shield Consortium were launching their takeover of Bolton Wanderers.  Any involvement in the club was never confirmed.In an interview with a national newspaper in 2010, Disley said he built his empire by running security on the doors of nightclubs in Manchester.Following the summit in Riga on July 4, representatives for Belokon told The Gazette the meeting with went well and are hopeful the talks will help to bring about a resolution.

It is understood Oyston, who still owes £25m to Belokon following last year’s High Court judgement, travelled to Latvia with his daughter, club chairman Natalie Christopher, as well as Disley.It appears Oyston persuaded Belokon to grant him 14 days - a deadline that expired last Wednesday - to wrap up a deal that could go some way to repaying the debt and further news is expected this week.In the meantime, the auctioning off of Oyston assets to raise funds was put on hold.The Oystons were ordered to buy out Belokon for £31.27m after it was found they had illegitimately stripped the club of cash following promotion to the Premier League in 2010.Justice Marcus Smith found then that the Oystons had unfairly prejudiced the Latvian, who accused them of “improperly” extracting tens of millions of pounds from the club.

The judge found in his favour and the club was put up for sale four days later.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blackpool Supporters Trust appeal to Owen Oyston to speak out over rumoured Blackpool deal with 'King of Marbella'

The chair of Blackpool FC’s leading fans’ group has called for calm after Owen Oyston’s potential new investor in the club was revealed to be Jonathan Disley, a businessman dubbed the ‘King of Marbella’ because of his lifestyle in Spain.

The Gazette revealed on Wednesday that Disley, a businessman from Herefordshire with offices in Preston, has been in talks with Oyston for several weeks. Disley was jailed for four and a half years in 2013 for a £675,000 bank fraud.

Preston Crown Court heard that a gang headed by Disley targeted companies in financial difficulty and stripped them of their assets

Disley’s conviction was quashed at the Court of Appeal last year.It is understood that Disley joined Blackpool FC owner Oyston and club chairman Natalie Christopher, Oyston’s daughter, at a summit with former BFC director Valeri Belokon in Latvia on July 4.At that meeting, it is believed Belokon granted Oyston a further 14 days to wrap up a deal that could go some way to repaying his £25m debt to the Latvian – a deadline which passed yesterday.

In the meantime, the auctioning off of Oyston assets to raise funds has been put on hold.While details of the proposed investment remain unclear, The Gazette understands it could involve a loan to Oyston likely to entail huge interest payments.It has also been rumoured that the deal could involve Disley taking a majority share of Blackpool Football Club Properties (Limited), the Oyston-owned company that has the controlling stake in the football club.Christine Seddon, chairman of Blackpool Supporters’ Trust, has called on both Oyston and Belokon to speak publicly to clarify the situation.

She told The Gazette: “We are monitoring the situation and have requested accurate information from both Blackpool FC and Mr Belokon.“Until we receive a statement of fact, it is difficult to comment further at this time but we would advise Blackpool supporters and all interested parties to avoid speculation and await information.“We are gravely concerned that yet again Blackpool FC is being linked in the press to inappropriate individuals and our community football club is being held to ransom by its current owner.“We call on Owen Oyston to resolve the situation regarding his debt to Valeri Belokon and arrange to remove himself and all his family from Blackpool FC without further delay. This sorry saga has gone on for far too long.”In an interview with a national newspaper in 2010, Disley said he built his business on nightclub security in Manchester.

Oyston was unavailable for comment, while Belokon’s representatives told The Gazette they would prefer to hear from Oyston before commenting publicly.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's also not averse to trawling forums for libellous comments and contacting the owner to threaten legal action so might be worth doing a bit of trawling yourself

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:He's also not averse to trawling forums for libellous comments and contacting the owner to threaten legal action so might be worth doing a bit of trawling yourself

Thank you for your concern Chris.

The thread is over two and a half years old and you will note that I specifically warned people to make no libellous comments about him or anyone else when I first saw the thread (post 19).

I am not aware that any libellous comments that have been made here on Nuts but would certainly remove any that people may believe have been, if they would kindly bring them to our attention.

This forum as never at anytime in its exitance intended to abuse, libel or in anyway be discourteous to anyone, unlike the vile abuse and libellous remarks that seem to be posted everyday on twitter or the Bolton News comments section.

In fact Bolton Nuts has no reason to comment on Mr Disley's business other than he was once connected to our club (which was never seemingly confirmed or denied by the club itself) and have only copied and posted what is already been put in the public domain by the Blackpool Gazette as an update to his football interests.

I'm sure Mr Disley (or anyone else for that matter) would find nothing untoward in regards to himself on this forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum