Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella

+20
FullofSprite
Mr Magoo
Cajunboy
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Chairmanda
JAH
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Norpig
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm quite surprised that the newspapers haven't picked up on this.

He might just be advising Deano on how to make it look like you have millions when in reality you haven't got a pot to piss in.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's from Bolton.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iles saying this disley character isn't involved

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Iles saying this disley character isn't involved

In the spirit of Christmas time...

Iles - Oh no he isn't.

What everyone else will be thinking - ...

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whichever group becomes the new owners, there will concern over who is behind the bid and what their intentions are. I risked Nat's ire by using the analogy that we are "better off being raped than murdered" but as tasteless as the analogy is, I think it's  a fair description of our current situation.

The fact that anyone has come in for us at least means that we haven't been killed off as a club. Whether the alternative is a slow lingering death at the hands of the asset-strippers or not, time will tell. 

And if the guy watching the game (Bruce Willis has let himself go hasn't he?) is the fraudster, and if he's involved in the bid,  I would be amazed if Trevor Birch and Eddie hadn't checked him out.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Regardless of what ED says, he wants the club in the right hands is just a load of bollocks.

As far as he is concerned, he wants to wash his hands of the club and couldn't give a shit who buys it as long as they have enough funds.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's not rocket science and it is the point I've been banging on from the start - the club is not making any money - in fact it is losing over £700,000 per month - so who would want to buy it - invest the needed £15 to £20 million to attempt to turn it around (The Independent) not make a penny profit during that time and still have no guarantee at all that you will be successful in restructuring the club and even that you would get your investment back!!!

It's obvious Davies would have planed an exit strategy and timing of Holdsworth setting up his business is very convenient to my way of thinking to say the least.

All just my opinion of course.

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Dec 06 2015, 13:18; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holdsworth doesn't who disley is according to Illes. They just happened to be sharing the same box

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Regardless of what ED says, he wants the club in the right hands is just a load of bollocks.

As far as he is concerned, he wants to wash his hands of the club and couldn't give a shit who buys it as long as they have enough funds.

I really have no idea what ED is thinking, and I certainly haven't heard anything that would suggest he isn't looking for a responsible replacement but if I'd been underwriting a club for years and then agreed to take a financial hit for them (whatever the actual loss amount is) I'd definitely be looking to find a buyer that would have the club's interests at heart. Otherwise my years of support would go to waste.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If that is in fact Disley, can you believe the stupidity of Holdsworth actually attending the game with him? The stupidity of footballers rarely surprises me, but this? Wow!

The second Eddie Davies appointed Trevor Birch to oversee the sale, he also relinquished any care about who's hands the club falls into. Birch's job is to offload it to the highest bidder and get out asap.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm wondering if this lot actually showed up asking for Natasha Whittam's box and are just in the queue waiting to get in.

Pictures of Holdworth leaving the ground seem to indicate that he lost his watch in the process.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's also worth noting that Holdsworth has liked Iles tweets about him and disley not knowing each other.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

The second Eddie Davies appointed Trevor Birch to oversee the sale, he also relinquished any care about who's hands the club falls into. Birch's job is to offload it to the highest bidder and get out asap.

I'd have thought that Trevor Birch would have been provided with a comprehensive brief of exactly what ED wanted - and this is certainly borne out by last week's "bidders fail to meet criteria" announcement, so I'd be surprised if the "offload and exit" thing is true.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:It's also worth noting that Holdsworth has liked Iles tweets about him and disley not knowing each other.
I can't see these tweets on Marc Iles' twitter...

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I can
What I mean is, I can see his tweets as these aren't protected but I can't see the tweet you are on about...

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Dec 06 2015, 13:53; edited 1 time in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need to know whoever is involved with Holdsworth, we can't go from one lot of faceless investors behind Davies to another one surely?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

I'd have thought that Trevor Birch would have been provided with a comprehensive brief of exactly what ED wanted - and this is certainly borne out by last week's "bidders fail to meet criteria" announcement, so I'd be surprised if the "offload and exit" thing is true.

We'll just have to wait and see but the longer this drags on he will have less and less choice. With unpaid wages, and the threat of administration looming, I can see his attitude changing.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I can
What I mean is, I can see his tweets as these aren't protected but I can't see the tweet you are on about...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum