Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans take important step towards creation of a Supporters' Trust at Bolton

+16
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
bwfcst
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
gloswhite
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Lpp, just a warning. Stay off the wandering minds section Smile if you see my dad tell him as well. Not seen him today Smile its like the mad max of forums at the minute

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:Lpp, just a warning.  Stay off the wandering minds section Smile  if you see my dad tell him as well.  Not seen him today Smile  its like the mad max of forums at the minute
Why johnny, what's up over there? Shocked

The brotherhood v the bumchums thing again.

Anyway, back on topic. I am interested to know more about all this bwfcst lark. Won't be able to go on the day but if i can get it online i don't mind relating info over for people.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there may be a few ego's involved with this but we all need to pull together on this and make this as big and powerful as it can be. The future of the club is at stake, thats far more important than worrying about who's wronged who in the past

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully there'll be a stream too.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Hopefully there'll be a stream too.

Thats what i meant a stream, the word escaped me Smile

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:The brotherhood v the bumchums thing again.

Anyway, back on topic.  I am interested to know more about all this bwfcst lark.  Won't be able to go on the day but if i can get it online i don't mind relating info over for people.
I just had a quick scan on Wandering minds and take your point. Smile

Back to topic, I am really not going to pay any attention to this ST business. They've already made it clear through Kane that their promises mean nothing and they have more important things to do than actually talk to fans. It's nothing more than a self-promotion exercise in my opinion that will have about as much impact on the club as Liberal Democrats on National Politics.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: They've already made it clear through Kane that their promises mean nothing and they have more important things to do than actually talk to fans. It's nothing more than a self-promotion exercise in my opinion that will have about as much impact on the club as Liberal Democrats on National Politics.

People who get off their backsides should be applauded. It may come to nothing but at least they tried.

This will fail not because of the people involved, but because of the thousands of "fans" like LPP who are happier slagging people off from a distance.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: They've already made it clear through Kane that their promises mean nothing and they have more important things to do than actually talk to fans. It's nothing more than a self-promotion exercise in my opinion that will have about as much impact on the club as Liberal Democrats on National Politics.

People who get off their backsides should be applauded. It may come to nothing but at least they tried.

This will fail not because of the people involved, but because of the thousands of "fans" like LPP who are happier slagging people off from a distance.
Oh Nat, how I missed both of your active brain cells while I was away. Not. As to slagging off from a distance that has been your raison d'etre ever since I joined this site. You spent ages telling us all you don't even support BWFC anymore, you're a Chorley fan. And even on this topic you've moaned that you have lost too much of your life to BWFC and could have had kids by now. All I can say is that if you ARE childless that's a tremendous boon to the future of our species.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Oh Nat, how I missed both of your active brain cells while I was away. Not. As to slagging off from a distance that has been your raison d'etre ever since I joined this site. You spent ages telling us all you don't even support BWFC anymore, you're a Chorley fan. And even on this topic you've moaned that you have lost too much of your life to BWFC and could have had kids by now. All I can say is that if you ARE childless that's a tremendous boon to the future of our species.

I like the word 'boon'. I'm going to try and use it before I log off tonight.

I slag BWFC off every day, but I also get off my backside and support the team by going to home games and buying merchandise. So I'm entitled to abuse the ponces.

But you're slagging off a group of people who are trying to help BWFC. Uncalled for in my opinion.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, these people are trying to do something, more than the people who sit there and do nothing at all.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I like the word 'boon'. I'm going to try and use it before I log off tonight.

I slag BWFC off every day, but I also get off my backside and support the team by going to home games and buying merchandise. So I'm entitled to abuse the ponces.

But you're slagging off a group of people who are trying to help BWFC. Uncalled for in my opinion.
I might agree with you but for one thing Nat. These people started out making all sorts of promises, particularly about reaching out to the various forums. Then suddenly Kane posted he had more important things to do than update forums. Add in that the founders of this trust refuse to even tell us their names and that they're piling in restrictions that limit who will actually get a say in how it's run and I feel they're not only failing to help, they're making a bad situation worse by giving false hope. I actually meet all their 'criteria' so it isn't sour grapes. I simply think the entire process lacks transparency and has a large whiff od dodgy about it as a result. If you disagree with that fair enough.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I might agree with you but for one thing Nat. These people started out making all sorts of promises, particularly about reaching out to the various forums. Then suddenly Kane posted he had more important things to do than update forums. Add in that the founders of this trust refuse to even tell us their names and that they're piling in restrictions that limit who will actually get a say in how it's run and I feel they're not only failing to help, they're making a bad situation worse by giving false hope. I actually meet all their 'criteria' so it isn't sour grapes. I simply think the entire process lacks transparency and has a large whiff od dodgy about it as a result. If you disagree with that fair enough.

I'm sure there are more important things to do than update a football forum.

I just think people should be given a chance before we slag them off. Don't worry LPP, if they turn into a bunch of self-serving twats I'll be the first to moan.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I'm sure there are more important things to do than update a football forum.

I just think people should be given a chance before we slag them off. Don't worry LPP, if they turn into a bunch of self-serving twats I'll be the first to moan.
Then from what I've seen so far you'd better start warming up the moaning fingers for your keyboard now Nat. Smile

More seriously, I really do worry that these guys are going to talk big, raise false hope and deliver nothing. Their methods are not doing a thing to make me believe otherwise at the moment. However I would just love to be wrong and if I am will be the first to say so as well as genuinely delighted.

Sluffy wrote:A bit of background to this supporters Trust -

This was posted today on TW -

Hey fellow Wanderers.
Hopefully you've heard us mentioned, if not this post will explain things. Most important of all we are not trying to compete with this forum or any other Bolton sites.

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/

Goals
1) We aim to be independent of the club, but may require help initially to get started (eg meeting space)
2) We want to become the glue that joins all fans together
3) We want to have close ties to all web forums & fans on social media [Thanks for not bothering to contact us then - or most other of the BWFC forums either! - Sluffy]

Timeline
Today: We are working as fast as possible to create a Supporters Trust for Wanderers fans. We currently have a working group of 8 volunteers
Weekend: Most of the founders will be having a private meeting with Supporters Direct
Next Week: Everything will become public & we'll start to arrange a public meeting

Founders
1) We want to be anonymous for the moment to prevent any issues related to previous spats etc
2) Most of us didn't already know each other. Only a love for BWFC binds us together
3) We contain a qualified insolvency practitioner & looking for legal expert with experience of Supporters Trusts
4) There will be elections so if you don't like the founders that shouldn't be a reason to dismiss us

If you feel you can help then get in touch via the website

Later on in reply to a post from the lead mod (Carlos) on ww - saying if Chris Manning / Batman / Lion of Vienna (franchise) owner was part of it... -

Carlos, on 18 Dec 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Any ideas who's behind the anonymous BWFC Supporters Trust? I suspect it's the LoV crew, in which case I'm out, obvs.

In your position I'd be just as cynical as you.

I am 1 of 8 co founders. Another founder is a qualified insolvency practitioner & we have political representation too.

Yes one of the co founders is from LoV but this isn't about him and he knows it.  

We need all forums to work together on this if you want the best for the club. We're building support with over 100 fans submitting their details just this morning.

Hopefully we can roll out our secret weapon tomorrow.

Carlos replied -

Founders != leaders

Thanks. I had hoped that someone would come forward, and I wish you all the best. But you've already addressed my issue with the LoV crew, like I said, I'm out. In fact, I'd go further and say with their involvement I'd oppose you.

You can't have someone who is all about self-promotion and expect something different from them. This is my own opinion, not that of WW, of course.

I suspect my friend Mr Peacock is involved. He gets my backing. But not with the LoV bloke.

My view - Peacock is almost certainly Chris Peacock who is closely linked with the people behind the Mavis forum who have tried in the past to takeover the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust.

They were kicked out!

Having had experience with 'Batman' (banned and blocked from a number of forums and twitter accounts) and those behind the Mavies forum, I certainly would steer way clear of them - but that is my personal opinion and not those of this site.

Later posts on ww include these -

I'm assuming that the point of the supporters trust is to be offered to purchase the club if it enters administration.

And as the administrators are bound to speak to the (one and only?) supporters trust within the mandatory 21 day marketing period, I assume the first objective of the self appointed trust will be to appoint trustees, with none of the founders/organisers guarenteed to be appointed.

If not, then I see it as nothing more than self promotion, and for that reason I am out.

and

If Chris Manning is involved then the others must include Chris Amos, Natasha Whittam and Keyser Soze?

(The last one made me chuckle!)

Sluffy

This is what was getting me confused.  You quoted someone else as saying it.

bwfcst

David Ngog
David Ngog

A quick update:

There is huge of interest in this meeting as all 450 tickets for Platinum Suite have been requested by fans.

We are now looking to increase capacity. Please add yourself to the waitlist and we will update you once we have approval for more space

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bolton-wanderers-supporters-trust-public-meeting-tickets-20123062622

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carlos (Wanderers Wayz) wrote:If Chris Manning is involved then the others must include Chris Amos, Natasha Whittam and Keyser Soze?

Ha ha, glad I'm not forgotten.

Breadman will be gutted he didn't get a mention.

Yeah, I'm gutted not to be on a list which comprises Bolton's very own celebrity train-spotter, a fat bloke from Little Lever who pretends to be a woman on the internet to make himself feel better about how shit his life's turned out and a character from a film.

Absolutely devvoed........

(Keep going - you're doing my job for me.)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yeah, I'm gutted not to be on a list which comprises Bolton's very own celebrity train-spotter, a fat bloke from Little Lever who pretends to be a woman on the internet to make himself feel better about how shit his life's turned out and a character from a film.

Absolutely devvoed........

(Keep going - you're doing my job for me.)

I'm not fat!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think everybody's right to keep this whole thing at arms length. A supporters trust might work at a much smaller club with few assets and a simple enough desire to keep the show on the road- it would work at Altrincham or Aldershot or similar low budget, low achieving organisations. Portsmouth is an example of one- meandering about at the bottom of the professional game with no real aspirations to get beyond this. I don't want that for BWFC.
 BWFC is a much larger entity with both assets and liabilities in the £millions. Despite the atrocious situation it finds itself in both on and off the field,its still a major organisation and with the best will in the world a bunch of well intentioned supporters are not in the best position to run the club. It needs to be administered at all levels by those who are experienced in running large customer facing organisations who have not just managerial skills but skill and experience in the recreational sector. Football is a multi £million and complex sector to be in.
I can see nothing coming forward from the gang of eight who want to take this on - no matter what their business and financial strategy is , even if they've got one. Having an insolvency practitioner on board is something you can discount as being important  as that doesn't imply that he (or she) has the requisite skills to manage a going concern. They're qualified in disposing of a gone concern not taking a major business forward
To be taken on faith in this situation (which is what they are requesting) isn't enough.
If these guys want open and public commitment from fans ( who presumably will be expected to contribute to funding the rescue bid) then they need to get their CVs or bio-data in the public domain- and quickly.
 I for one will continue to keep them at arms length until their credentials and plans are clearly made public. Anonymity is something we despise on the pitch- and there's no reason to change our view off it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum