Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans take important step towards creation of a Supporters' Trust at Bolton

+16
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
bwfcst
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
gloswhite
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:Hang on......

So we've got Chris Manning and Chris Mann?

Two of the most vocal and active Bolton fans on the internet?

Who both run websites dedicated to BWFC?

But they're not the same person?

You're actually Amos, aren't you?

Come on.......in the spirit of new beginnings and stuff, just spill once and for all.

Coincidence, but nothing more sinister than that.

Amos has the power of weirdness that I could only dream of.

Kane57 wrote:New leaf Johnny. Apologies if I was out of order previously.

Me too

All for clean slates.

Still think BA is wank though

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well as for the differences, I'm @19manning83 on the old twitter.

Our mate at BA is @BoltonWebsites.

Similar names but different people.

Kane57 wrote:

Amos has the power of weirdness that I could only dream of.

I likes him now.

(Sorry Sluff.)

Unless it turns out that he's Whittam as well........

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of developments tonight.  I like this getting on malarkey.  We all want the Best for BWFC, and our current predicament is bringing the fans together.  This is how it should be.

Right im off.

Swimming, then star wars, then pizza hut, then family xmas for me tomorrow. Good job ive got like 20 posts already today Smile

Nytol

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Night nurse.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Night nurse.

Kinky Wink

Night Johnny.

I'm just off into the back garden for a wee.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Sluffy for your records I'm not an estate agent - whether I was or wasn't has no bearing on who I am as a person.

Like I said to Johnny - this is a fresh start and so I do also apologise for any wrongdoing on my part.

Fair enough.

I've never been bothered by anything said about me on the internet so no grudges held by me.

For what it is worth my views of you above are genuine, I didn't say them to simply butter you up.

You're welcome on Nuts, hope you decide to stick around and join in with the rest of us on here more often now.

I think you may even find that you will like it on here.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:A lot of developments tonight.  I like this getting on malarkey.  We all want the Best for BWFC, and our current predicament is bringing the fans together.  This is how it should be.

That's my view too.

In the past there was nothing to really moan about, so attentions were turned on one another - now we have a real fight on our hands to keep our club going and should take comfort in our collective numbers. We have some fantastic people on board and I hope that tomorrow's meeting is fruitful and leads to excitement about the potential a Supporter's Trust can offer.

Nothing really to moan about.......?

Seriously?

What about how the "soft debt that wasn't a problem" kept rising every year at a rate that had us all scratching our heads whilst Gartside just kept smiling and glibly telling us that everything was fine?

I've been moaning for years about it.

You are Iles, aren't you?

Breadman wrote:Night Johnny.

I'm just off into the back garden for a wee.

Smile

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:Nothing really to moan about.......?

Seriously?

What about how the "soft debt that wasn't a problem" kept rising every year at a rate that had us all scratching our heads whilst Gartside just kept smiling and glibly telling us that everything was fine?

I've been moaning for years about it.

You are Iles, aren't you?

I'm talking about the Allardyce years mainly.

You're right about the other issues. Completely. The absolute lack of accountability is something that a Trust would aim to remove.

I'm not Marc - I have a fully stocked shampoo shelf.

Aiming's great.

Achieving's better.

And I'm genuinely sorry to sound dismissive but I doubt that a group of (however well intentioned they are) fans will seriously have any chance of effecting serious change at Bolton Wanderers.

We've been lied to for years and I don't have any faith in the motivations behind the group that appears to be leading the (one horse) chase to take over the club.

It's a mess and I fear that we are powerless to stop it getting even worse.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd rather be part of a group trying to make a difference that fails, than sit back and do nothing - I'd feel like I'd let my club down.

It might work, it might not, but inaction hasn't helped us at all in the past. It's time that whoever owns the club realises that the fans are a crucial part of things and should be treated as such.

Kane57 wrote:I'd rather be part of a group trying to make a difference that fails, than sit back and do nothing - I'd feel like I'd let my club down.

It might work, it might not, but inaction hasn't helped us at all in the past. It's time that whoever owns the club realises that the fans are a crucial part of things and should be treated as such.

Hmm.....yeah.

Crack on then if it makes you feel better and helps you sleep at night.

Just make sure you take Sancho Panza with you when you take on those windmills.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

looks like i missed a lot last night when i had an early night! 

Just my opinion but lets give this Trust a chance to see what they can do, what harm can it do? If they do become big enough and carry enough weight to have a say in how the clubs run then that can only be a good thing surely?

Just my opinion but lets give this Trust a chance to see what they can do, what harm can it do? If they do become big enough and carry enough weight to have a say in how the clubs run then that can only be a good thing surely?

I agree with Norpig. Not saying this Trust is the answer but worth waiting to hear what they have to say first. So long as their anonymity is dropped once they have a full plan and structure in place then I'm okay with it for now.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

On the subject of committees and fan groups I think that it's like the 5-40 Manchester to Blackpool train arriving at Trinity Street on time. It makes the service better but still doesn't improve the station. If this group can make a difference then all well and good but to be honest all I can really see initially is a lot of in-fighting and jostling for power and recognition and a slow downward trip into the sunset. But let's see what they have to offer. Now going for a family day out  shopping wiv me mummy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum