Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans take important step towards creation of a Supporters' Trust at Bolton

+16
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
bwfcst
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
gloswhite
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we need to see what happens and what they can offer, wheres the harm in that? There may be a few egos and personalities involved that don't sit well with some but we have to think bigger than that. The club and it's long term future is most important thing.

Rammy  - i still think you need to offer your services even if its just to keep an eye on them  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:There may be a few egos and personalities involved that don't sit well with some but we have to think bigger than that.

Ok, you've convinced me. I'm in. No one has a bigger ego than me.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

That's about the only true statement I've heard so far.

bwfcst

David Ngog
David Ngog

Due to the phenomenal response from Bolton Supporters tomorrows meeting has been moved from the Platinum Suite to the Premier Suite (FanZone). Tickets will also be made available on the door if your having trouble downloading them

We urge all fans to get there early to secure a seat, there will be a pay bar and food and drinks kiosk (similar to the one used on matchdays in the fanzone).

The meeting will be Chaired by BBC Radio Manchesters Jack Dearden with The Bolton New's head of sports Marc Illes running a live blog for those who can't be there.
Special Guest will include Portsmouth FC Chairman Iain McInnes and Director Michael Dyer, Supporters Direct co-ordinator James Matthie and Trevor Birch 

Doors Open At 6pm ... (meeting will start at 7pm prompt)

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bolton-wanderers-supporters-trust-public-meeting-tickets-20123062622

The live blog by Marc iles.that will be popular in here. ......breaders Smile

Looking forward to hearing what the Supporters Trust have to say, don't quite understand all the hostility before the meetings even happened to be honest.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Looking forward to hearing what the Supporters Trust have to say, don't quite understand all the hostility before the meetings even happened to be honest.

I thought you were dead. I was worried. So was Soul Kitchen.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think it is hostility more knowing the behaviour - and in public - of several of those behind the ST, it makes many of us question the actual agenda of those people involved.

It is not just my view either, you only have to look at similar threads on WW and TW and the comments of those also having had dealings with some of those involved to see that this view is widely held.

Compare the views of those two forums with that of a similar thread on the Mavis forum and I think you will notice the hand of at least one of the 'anonymous 8'!

I simply don't trust some of those involved based on personal experience.

I dare say most if not all of these people will be voted in tomorrow at the meeting by many good intended people who do not know these people from Adam.

I hope they know what they are going to get if they do!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not all of us are as well informed as some on here.

Can someone tell me who Chris Manning is and what is his track record with BOLTON?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:Not all of us are as well informed as some on here.

Can someone tell me who Chris Manning is and what is his track record with BOLTON?

Chris Manning is the franchise owner for the Lion of Vienna site.

He is outspoken to say the least.

He posted on several BWFC forums over the years under different aliases, most notably that of 'Batman'.

He has been banned from many forums too due to his behaviour.

He is a prolific tweeter - over 95,000 tweets the last time I bothered to look.

He has been blocked by many other tweeters in that time.

He has no track record with the club as far as I'm aware.

Hope this helps.

Question Sluffy, if whoever is behind the Whittam account was driving this instead of Manning would you still be against it?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thank you for your help, Sluffy.

I know LOV, but didn't know the connection with Manning.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:34; edited 1 time in total

But he has been the most open out of everyone tbf.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another question Sluffy.

AZREAL has been a prolific poster on a number of fansites in the past.

Since the takeover talks have started he has disappeared, do you know if he is part of the Supporters Trust magnificent 8?

Something smells fishy. And im not on about the ST.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably that lobster.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:Question Sluffy, if whoever is behind the Whittam account was driving this instead of Manning would you still be against it?

As far as I can tell the Natasha account is posted in fun. Yes it does and as caused problems in the past when people have taken it seriously.

I think it is doubtful if many of Natasha's views are held by the person personally but posted up simply for a reaction.

Chris Manning however posts his views openly on twitter and LoV and has been openly abusive on multiple occasions to others.

Ironically it was not Chris Manning I had in mind when I was referring to my fears of untrustworthiness and hidden agendas of some of the 'anonymous 8'.

Manning is clearly intelligent, is humorous (or at least I have found him to be so many times previously) and having heard him speak (if only in podcasts) I find that he presents himself very well with even with a touch of Charisma.

I personally think he carries too much baggage from his past behaviour to be a rallying and unifying point for the many, many of the people who he has insulted in the past but for what it is worth he would be the only one of the '8' I would actually vote for as the other '7' I either know little if anything about or would not trust them as far as I could throw them.

Does that answer your question?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Not all of us are as well informed as some on here.

He's skinny, nerdy gimp.

Like he gets excited about video games. He also comes across as arrogant and extremely rude online, but I've seen the guys face. Proper gimp that wouldn't say shit in real life

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
He's a skinny, nerdy gimp.

Like he gets excited about video games.

You've just described 99% of the users on this site.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:Another question Sluffy.

AZREAL has been a prolific poster on a number of fansites in the past.

Since the takeover talks have started he has disappeared, do you know if he is part of the Supporters Trust magnificent 8?

I am not Azreal's greatest fan and strongly doubt if he has ever actually kicked a ball in a real match as he seems to pontificate about everything football wise, without having even the slightest basic feel for the game.

Anyway my opinion of him aside, the last I heard about him was that he was planning to emigrate to Canada, so on that basis I would not think he is part of the ST.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum