Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans take important step towards creation of a Supporters' Trust at Bolton

+16
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
bwfcst
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
gloswhite
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Hipster_Nebula wrote:why anyone would want these utter tugboats being involved in the running of the club is beyond me.

That's the point - none of us do.

The only ones interested in this bollocks are the ones doing it.

And they're only doing it because it makes them feel important.

They're a self-appointed group who are in it because they crave the attention.

If you look at the stuff they're putting out on social media you'll see that they've already adopted a slightly patronising, superior tone and they're obviously loving it.

It's all self-serving bollocks and it won't improve things one jot.

Is mr peacock really your friend.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Sluffy wrote:some of the people clearly behind this have been relentlessly, personally abusive to me on the various forums for several years now; ridiculed our site and the Nuts members; possibly even have hand in trying to sabotage our site in its very early days and still to this day pretend that the Nuts forum does not exist by censoring mention of our name on their respective forums - all true stories - BUT to react to them as they have to Nuts and myself, simply brings us down to their low level.
I don't understand sluffy. Why is there so much hatred for this site and yourself? 

This is a brilliant forum and you seem like a good guy, I just don't get it.

Burnden aces are twat, 58. Soon as there is no censoring Smile

bwfcst

David Ngog
David Ngog

Wow, you guys look the toughest challenge yet... the LoV stuff is insignificant with the size & potential of this.

Given what some have wrote it's not worth us trying to change your minds until after the meeting tomorrow.

All we will say is 124 fans have provided their email today so we definitely have enough backing for a public meeting

Well thats not the attitude to take.  If martin luther king didnt try to change minds where would we be today?  Come on.  Give us a shot.  Tell us what its all about.

bwfcst

David Ngog
David Ngog

We feel that after the meeting tomorrow you'll have a reason to warm to the Trust.

It's "some have written" not "wrote".

If you're going to come on here and start being smug, at least try and do it in the Queens, eh?

Now that's out of the way, how about some insight into your plan?

We'd probably be more inclined to be less judgemental if we actually knew what you had in mind, rather than just hearing that you're having a "secret meeting" behind closed doors.

Who's involved?

Have you taken (ex-board member) David Speakman's advice on board or are you sticking to your policy of just ignoring him and telling him to forward any correspondence to your website?

We're all ears.

I thought they was gonna give us all free macron gilets. That would keep us warm.

bwfcst wrote:We feel that after the meeting tomorrow you'll have a reason to warm to the Trust.

See comment No21 regarding the smug, superior tone.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:some of the people clearly behind this have been relentlessly, personally abusive to me on the various forums for several years now; ridiculed our site and the Nuts members; possibly even have hand in trying to sabotage our site in its very early days and still to this day pretend that the Nuts forum does not exist by censoring mention of our name on their respective forums - all true stories - BUT to react to them as they have to Nuts and myself, simply brings us down to their low level.
I don't understand sluffy. Why is there so much hatred for this site and yourself? 

This is a brilliant forum and you seem like a good guy, I just don't get it.

It is just how things are these days mate.

It is simply people acting and saying things on social media that they would never do or say in real life.

Not that it matters much but I've always played fair to everybody on the forums over the many years and sites I've been on and modded. The thing is though from time to time people go too far and for the benefit of all of us on that site at the time, those who have gone too far have to be asked to pack it in.

Sadly not everybody can and even worse, some can never forget it, or let it pass.

I've had some awful abuse over the years for nothing other than having a difference of opinion on an internet football site!

Christ it is not as though I've even been abusive to them, I've simply ask them to please behave themselves and given them fair warning when they didn't that I would have to ban them (usually just for the rest of the night) if they carried on.

I've been accused of all sorts from being power crazed to being a megalomaniac - and that's some of the nicer things said about me!

I'm old and very thick skinned and I doubt that I will ever meet these people face to face - so all this shit doesn't bother me - in fact the more they rant on about me over the years the more it makes me laugh at how they are wasting their life's away over absolutely nothing!

The sad thing is that these people are common these days and you see more and more people being prosecuted, fined and even jailed over their on line abuse.

The funny thing though is I bet if I was walking down the street and bumped into one of them by accident (neither of us knowing each other), we would both probably say sorry to each other and think nothing of it - put them behind a keyboard on an internet forum and they hate you for life!!!

You've got to laugh really.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfcst wrote:Wow, you guys look the toughest challenge yet... the LoV stuff is insignificant with the size & potential of this.

Given what some have wrote it's not worth us trying to change your minds until after the meeting tomorrow.

All we will say is 124 fans have provided their email today so we definitely have enough backing for a public meeting

Hello and welcome mate.

Please feel free to post your news of developments on the ST on Nuts.

At the end of the day we all want the best for the club even though we may have different views of what that is and how best to achieve it.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You've missed the point Sluffy - as well as making some strange inferences about my life - but that's your choice. 

Anyway, this Trust is being set up to try and improve fan-board dialogue. Roles are not to be awarded internally - they are to be elected democratically. So, if my involvement (for example) offended you then use your vote and go for the person you think most suited to whatever role is up for debate.

For the record, I'm only involved because I love BWFC - and will not be seeking any front-based job in the Trust. I want what's best for the club, and if it ended up that someone I had some dislike of took a role, but that person could help BWFC then I would be all for it.

The lack of accountability and transparency at BWFC over the years has contributed to the mess we are currently in. The Trust is all about getting off our arses and doing something about it - not sitting back and moaning to a keyboard.

If you have a problem Sluffy, then drop me a PM and we can chat. I'm don't hate you - I don't know anything about you. If you would like to discuss this in a civilised manner then that's fine by me.

Cheers

cheers kanes back! Just as everything was ticking along nicely Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're being drip fed on all fronts at the moment. I'll listen to anyone with the good of the club at heart.

Elected democratically by whom?

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's all we are, Mr Bonce. We just want what's best for the club and instead of sitting back and complaining we've decided to try and make a difference.

For what it's worth I think it's got potential, and with the news that we can hopefully reveal tomorrow it may well bring a few more people to our way of thinking.

It's for the love of BWFC - that's all that matters.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:Elected democratically by whom?

By the members.

If you join the Trust, and become a member, you would receive one vote - that's whether you live in Bolton or Bermuda, have had a season ticket for one year or fifty. It's so the process is as fair as it can be.

Any members can put themselves forward for a role. Nobody will be parachuted or grandfathered into anything.

Breadman wrote:Elected democratically by whom?

Spam bots?

I dunno

Im lost

Plus ive just heard my neighbour taking a leak in the back yard. He has a toilet. Wtf

and with the news that we can hopefully reveal tomorrow"

Fuck me, it's Iles........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum