Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Disgraceful "Justice"

+8
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
summercummings
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A railway guard has today been jailed for 5 years for the manslaughter of a 16 year old girl at James Street station in Liverpool.

BBC Website

Incredible. This stupid girl was leaning against the train talking to her friends. The guard gave his whistle to signify the train was moving off but this girl was so pissed she decided to keep leaning against the train. As the train moved away she fell down the gap between the platform and the train. She was crushed to death.

Once again, some silly person gets drunk and does something stupid...and someone else has to pay for it. This guy was doing his job, how did he know this girl was too drunk to understand what the whistle meant.

I am sick of living in a society where being pissed is an excuse for doing stupid things.

This guy is going to prison for 5 years, more than some rapists and murderers get. The cheesy chips killer only got three and a half years for stabbing someone over the temperature of his chips.

Outrageous.

2More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 16:24

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Did anyone watch Britain's Darkest Taboos on Crime? The guy in the documentary murdered his girlfriend (a single mum, leaving her two toddlers without any parents) and then raped her 14 year old sister. He got 6 years for that IIRC and served half. All this after he had already gotten away with raping his own 14 year old sister.

So yes, 5 years is excessive in this case.

3More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 16:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Did anyone watch Britain's Darkest Taboos on Crime? The guy in the documentary murdered his girlfriend (a single mum, leaving her two toddlers without any parents) and then raped her 14 year old sister. He got 6 years for that IIRC and served half. All this after he had already gotten away with raping his own 14 year old sister.

So yes, 5 years is excessive in this case.

Yes I watched that, we really are a soft touch in this country.

4More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 16:35

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

This case does seem pretty extreme. The guy was doing his job and the victim was allegedly drunk and high on drugs. As far as I'm concerned if you're stupid enough to be leaning against a train at anytime you are asking for trouble.

5More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 16:37

Another nail in the coffin for UK justice. I would be amazed if this verdict held up on appeal.

6More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She was celebrating her 16th birthday and was quite substantially over the legal alcohol limit for driving. Granted she looked older than 16 but where were her parents? Getting pissed in nightclubs at 16 years of age is against the law. They should prosecute the venue that sold her the booze.

7More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair it's not too clever taking ur train off when someones grabbing the side. The least he could do was get out and move her away.

He should face punishment.

8More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading between the lines she continued banging on the window after he had whistled her to clear off. I reckon he got frustrated because she was bladdered so he has to shoulder most of the blame.

9More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about the poor bugger who organised a bonfire charity night at his local rugby club ? The ensuing fireworks display caused smoke to billow onto the motorway with catastrophic results.

He has been charged with corporate manslaughter which carries a 5 year jail term. Surely this was a tragic accident that could not have been realistically foreseen ?

10More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Reading between the lines she continued banging on the window after he had whistled her to clear off. I reckon he got frustrated because she was bladdered so he has to shoulder most of the blame.

you have to know as a driver there's a big big risk when a pissed person is near the tracks.

Even though i agree she is mainly to blame he was negligent and should face some punishment.

11More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 20:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree.

12More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 20:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Then you are a pair of twats who have no grasp of real life.

13More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 20:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Then you are a pair of twats who have no grasp of real life.

It was his duty and responsibility to make sure that the train leaves the platform safely. That is what he is paid for. I am not saying that a prison sentence of 5 years is necessarily the appropriate punishment but ultimately the buck stopped with him.

14More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

It was his duty and responsibility to make sure that the train leaves the platform safely. That is what he is paid for. I am not saying that a prison sentence of 5 years is necessarily the appropriate punishment but ultimately the buck stopped with him.

Utter rubbish. He blows a whistle to let everyone know the train is moving off. If someone chooses to ignore them that is their look out.

People have to take responsibility for their own actions.

15More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You silly bint. Why do you think British Rail employ Railway Guards ? It is to prevent exactly what happened in this tragic case. Yes, the guard could claim partial mitigation because the young lady was drunk but that is no excuse for his dereliction of duty.

If she was persistently banging on the window and preventing the train from moving off, then he should have phoned the Old Bill, that is what they are there for.

16More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's like when you're at the traffic crossing and the lights green but someone happens to still be on the crossing, do you just mow them down and say "it was green, they should have known!"

17More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To the pair of twats that are Hipster & Reebok Trotter:

You're walking home in the dark one night and end up in a dark alley. Two men are walking towards you....one is the railway guard who has just got out after 5 years in prison, the other is the cheesy chips killer who has just done 3 and a half years in prison for stabbing someone.

Which are you more likely to avoid?

18More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:To the pair of twats that are Hipster & Reebok Trotter:

You're walking home in the dark one night and end up in a dark alley. Two men are walking towards you....one is the railway guard who has just got out after 5 years in prison, the other is the cheesy chips killer who has just done 3 and a half years in prison for stabbing someone.

Personally, I'd avoid both. As they both have done time I'd wager they are both a bit partial to shoving their pork sword up any unsuspecting rectum. I have enough problems with my chalfonts to invite even more trouble by going home via a dark alley!

19More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Personally, I'd avoid both. As they both have done time I'd wager they are both a bit partial to shoving their pork sword up any unsuspecting rectum.

Uncalled for. I'll expect an apology by PM.

20More Disgraceful "Justice" Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 22:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:To the pair of twats that are Hipster & Reebok Trotter:

You wont find me walking home in the dark one night and ending up in a dark alley. I get up early for work and am always in bed for 11pm. If you want to walk the streets at that time of night then that is your prerogative but in my limited experience, you are making a rod for your own back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum