Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Disgraceful "Justice"

+8
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
summercummings
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Tue 20 Nov - 20:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

What is your take on the SAS sniper who is currently serving eighteen months for illegal possession of a firearm ?

A fucking outrage. I am currently putting together a team to break him out.

It's a tough one. He was sentenced by a military court. On the one hand he has served his country and risked his life for our freedom and on the other hand he was in possession of an illegal unlicensed firearm with several hundred rounds of ammunition.

What if that weapon had got into the wrong hands ?

Agree with both of you as this is a tough one to call.

On the one hand it was a "gift" for what he had done and was accepted as such. On the other hand he didn't register teh gift and "forgot" about it - hence the military court and not civilian court.

But saying that after the guy was arrested their was an arms amnesty in which quite a few of the similar weapons and bullets were handed in, from the same unit!!!

If anything I believe it should be a stern warning (i.e. a slap on the wrist). He has basically become the "fall-guy" for his unit!

62More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Tue 20 Nov - 21:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

What is your take on the SAS sniper who is currently serving eighteen months for illegal possession of a firearm ?

It's a tough one. He was sentenced by a military court. On the one hand he has served his country and risked his life for our freedom and on the other hand he was in possession of an illegal unlicensed firearm with several hundred rounds of ammunition.

I agree. It was intimated by his defence that he had a mini-stroke and couldn't remember receiving the gun and ammo. I suspect it was a defence ploy. After Hungerford and Dunblaine there really is no excuse for having firearms in your possession without a proper permit. A number of ex military firearms have turned up in the hands of gangs in Moss Side and there is clearly a lucrative business for selling firearms, especially among drug dealers.

Agree with both of you as this is a tough one to call.

On the one hand it was a "gift" for what he had done and was accepted as such. On the other hand he didn't register teh gift and "forgot" about it - hence the military court and not civilian court.

But saying that after the guy was arrested their was an arms amnesty in which quite a few of the similar weapons and bullets were handed in, from the same unit!!!

If anything I believe it should be a stern warning (i.e. a slap on the wrist). He has basically become the "fall-guy" for his unit!

I tend to agree.

63More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Tue 20 Nov - 21:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My great grandad brought back a rifle from the 1st world war, it still hangs in my Dad's front room. In those days it was a souvenir, now it's a weapon and you go to jail.

I hate this country.

64More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Tue 20 Nov - 21:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leave then.

65More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Tue 20 Nov - 21:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I inherited a shotgun from my father in law and after Hungerford I had to have it shipped off to Stensby's in Birmingham to have it deactivated.

When you look at how many young kids get killed in America by fcuking about with their old mans weapons while he is at work I think we have got the balance right in the UK.

If we had the right to bear arms in the UK it would be a disaster.

66More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Tue 20 Nov - 23:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

Or what if he had turned and started shooting people in a school or shopping centre, he is an experienced shooter, and i think i'd know if i had a hand gun and loads of ammo and why did he lose his memory, he could have used it on his family in a confused state, soldiers do suffer breakdowns,it's a hard one to call.

67More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri 23 Nov - 6:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote: Or what if he had turned and started shooting people in a school or shopping centre, he is an experienced shooter, and i think i'd know if i had a hand gun and loads of ammo and why did he lose his memory, he could have used it on his family in a confused state, soldiers do suffer breakdowns,it's a hard one to call.

That is what I was thinking. He is now appealing against the sentence so it will be interesting to see what the courts decide.

68More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri 23 Nov - 8:37

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The guard failed in his duty which resulted in a tragic accident.

This young girl was out with her mates for a night out. Okay she was only 16yr and should not have been drinking but at that age it's what you try and do (I know I did). She should not have been allowed in the club/pub. Should the barman share part the blame?

If we all got locked-up for making a mistake at work the streets would be pretty empty. I think there is an element of deterrent about this sentence which happens a lot and I don't think is always in the best interest.

69More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri 23 Nov - 14:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote: Or what if he had turned and started shooting people in a school or shopping centre, he is an experienced shooter, and i think i'd know if i had a hand gun and loads of ammo and why did he lose his memory, he could have used it on his family in a confused state, soldiers do suffer breakdowns,it's a hard one to call.

That is what I was thinking. He is now appealing against the sentence so it will be interesting to see what the courts decide.
Well there's a lot of public outrage growing but imagine if he had gone rogue and commited an act while his mind was disturbed there would also be outrage at why was he in possesion of a live weapon and ammo. Also seems a lot of SAS are resigning in protest, i expect he may get a lighter sentence if thats possible but i dont see him being out for xmas or any time soon. I watch with interest at how they will sort this out, i get the feeling it might stand.

70More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri 23 Nov - 18:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Attorney General, Dominic Grieve has declined to get involved.

71More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri 23 Nov - 18:53

He broke the law, why should being in the army change the way you're treated? If I'd 'forgotten' about having a gun and live ammunition in my house, I'd get prosecuted.

So should he.

72More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri 23 Nov - 18:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:He broke the law, why should being in the army change the way you're treated? If I'd 'forgotten' about having a gun and live ammunition in my house, I'd get prosecuted.

So should he.

Fair point. You could argue that because he was an experienced soldier he more than anyone should have more sense. A lot has been mentioned of his medical state and that is where the crux of the appeal will be directed towards.

As AD points out, if he had flipped and gone on a rampant shooting spree the consequences could have been horrendous.

73More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 4 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu 29 Nov - 18:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Court of Appeal have released him today and given him a 12 month suspended sentence. Personally, I think it was the right decision.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum