Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Disgraceful "Justice"

+8
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
summercummings
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 22:59

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

It was his duty and responsibility to make sure that the train leaves the platform safely. That is what he is paid for. I am not saying that a prison sentence of 5 years is necessarily the appropriate punishment but ultimately the buck stopped with him.

Utter rubbish. He blows a whistle to let everyone know the train is moving off. If someone chooses to ignore them that is their look out.

People have to take responsibility for their own actions.

WRONG!!! The whistle is blown to signify to the driver that it is all clear to start moving away from the station. The train-guards duty, as RT says, is there to ensure health and safety of the passengers and to make sure that the pathway is clear for the train to move off - if she didn't move, then he should have pnoed the Transport Police to have her removed whilst dealing with complaints from customers about the then late running of the train!!!

22More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 23:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll bet Nit Whit walks the streets regularly at night, after all she says she has her own business!?!
BTW who's PM? And why should he/she apologise?

23More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 23:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

PM - private message

24More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 23:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanx for that, just takin the slash! Very Happy

25More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Thu Nov 15 2012, 23:32

Agree with RT, hipster and bwfc71.

You should be moaning about the guard not doing his (very easy) job properly. It's what he's employed to do, so he should of done it.

The length of sentence could be argued, but he didn't do what he was supposed to and has paid a heavy price.

26More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 00:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

She was not in control of herself in that state and only 16, he was in control of his faculties and a train .Think what it must be like to be mangled under all that iron and steel, the terror that girl went through ,the nightmares her parents will suffer for the rest of their lives. If I was her dad I would be making plans for him.

27More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 02:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I was very disappointed to hear it was such a harsh sentence. He is not a danger to society at large, He doesn't need rehabilitating. He made a mistake at work. Poor chap. The judge must have been swayed by it being a 16 year old girl.

Should she not carry any of the responsibility for what happened? Was the guy at work totally and utterly responsible for the pissed up girl?

I know he was negligent but 5 years! So he could have gone up to her and bludgeoned her to death and got more or less the same jail time. Horrid.

Makes you wonder why anyone would want to Captain a ship or a plane. Or work at a railway station. Or drive a bus. Or be a first aid person. Etc. Cock anything up, no matter what the other persons actions were and bang! Prison!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

28More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you are complete idiots. Actually, that's not right, some of you are just too scared or lazy to stand up and say "That's wrong!".

I don't believe anyone on here truly believes this guard deserved a longer sentence than the bloke who stabbed someone to death over the temperature of his cheesy chips. Unfortunately in this world people don't care unless it directly effects their own life.

You should be ashamed, particularly those of you with kids.

29More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I wont comment on the sentence. I am not a fan of our justice system that i will say.

30More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I will say if it had been my daughter the last place i would want that man would be in prison.

31More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

At least he is fairly safe inside nat, maybe not his arse though.

32More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:I will say if it had been my daughter the last place i would want that man would be in prison.

Agreed.

Anyone with children would have agreed to the harsh sentence, but whether it should have been harser than the other case you mention I don't know because I do not know the FULL facts of the other case.

33More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Agreed.

Anyone with children would have agreed to the harsh sentence, but whether it should have been harser than the other case you mention I don't know because I do not know the FULL facts of the other case.

Bullshit. The people who should be starting a jail term are the parents for letting their 16 year old daughter out high on drink & drugs.

34More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:27

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I bet she didn't leave the house drunk and high on drugs - as that will more than likely have happened outside the family home!

Or are you going off what, I presume, you did when you were 16?

35More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The actions of the train guard were pre-meditated. In other words he knew what he was doing with sounding his whistle and getting teh train to move - of course he didn't know of teh consequencies, but that doesn't matter he didn't do his job and he knew he wasn't and as such caaries a harsher sentence than a non-premeditated action.

36More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I bet she didn't leave the house drunk and high on drugs - as that will more than likely have happened outside the family home!

I always took responsibility for my actions, I still do. If people are silly enough to get pissed and take drugs they should suffer the consequences.

37More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:The actions of the train guard were pre-meditated. In other words he knew what he was doing with sounding his whistle and getting the train to move - of course he didn't know of the consequencies, but that doesn't matter he didn't do his job and he knew he wasn't and as such carries a harsher sentence than a non-premeditated action.

Edit: sorting out spelling mistakes!

38More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:36

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I bet she didn't leave the house drunk and high on drugs - as that will more than likely have happened outside the family home!

I always took responsibility for my actions, I still do. If people are silly enough to get pissed and take drugs they should suffer the consequences.

Fair point, but when it is under the health and safety of a third party, which it was in this case, then that argument dies a death.

The train guard had 2 options:-

1 to handle the situation properly by trying to get her to move and if that didn't work to call the Transport Police who would have then dealt with the girl; or

2 ignore everything he has been trained to do to cause either injury or death to an "innocent" person on public property

The girl may have been high as a kite, but does that mean she ought to be killed by someone else's "on-purpose" stupidity?

39More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 13:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You should be ashamed, particularly those of you with kids.

I have kids and I am not ashamed. I wouldn't want my daughter going night clubbing while pissed out of her brains on drink and drugs while wearing a short skirt.

If I was employed as that Railway Guard then I would be ashamed.

40More Disgraceful "Justice" - Page 2 Empty Re: More Disgraceful "Justice" Fri Nov 16 2012, 13:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The guy was an idiot IMO, he most probably thought as soon as the train started to move then she would step back from the train but sadly it went very wrong.

If he had any sense he would have just moved her back and flagged for the train to leave, then when the train left just let her get on her merry way.

I'm guessing the parents of the girl knew what shew as like, she didn't suddenly go out on that night pissed and off her face on drugs as a one off, what sane parent allows a 16 year old to do that anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum