Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but has anyone had any issues seeing their kids?

+10
Hipster_Nebula
LW23
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Reebok_Rebel
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly. People think I am joking about this issue but I feel too many people split up as though they're 12 years old and still at school.

If more couples stayed together there would be less people on benefits, less people needing council houses, less kids growing up without a father, and society in general would be less violent and aggresive.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the best with the issue RR, Not a thread to troll Nat. Shame on you.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Exactly. People think I am joking about this issue but I feel too many people split up as though they're 12 years old and still at school.

If more couples stayed together there would be less people on benefits, less people needing council houses, less kids growing up without a father, and society in general would be less violent and aggresive.

I do agree in general, but sometimes its for the good of the kids.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:All the best with the issue RR, Not a thread to troll Nat. Shame on you.

Everyone entitled to their opinion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:All the best with the issue RR, Not a thread to troll Nat. Shame on you.

Shut up you idiot. Do you disagree that people split up too easily these days?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Shut up you idiot. Do you disagree that people split up too easily these days?

It's not something i think about to be honest. If the stats say they do, i guess they do!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

It's not something i think about to be honest. If the stats say they do, i guess they do!

A lot of people think we will end up together. Trust me, it will be for life.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So when is the wedding, Natasha, I'll have to get my other half a new hat for the day?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

A lot of people think we will end up together. Trust me, it will be for life.

haha! Shocked

err no.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

haha! Shocked

err no.

Don't fight it, lover.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks Mr Whittam for again turning a serious thread in to complete farce... Rolling Eyes

Trotter is right when he said forums where a good place for basic advice, however not ones where Bolton's resident forum troll is involved.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Unfortunately there seems to be no forums were someone or other doesn't stir it in someway or other.

Hope the seroius advice you did get was of help and I'm sure I'm speaking for the vast majority on here by wishing that everything goes well with you having proper access to your son.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Unfortunately there seems to be no forums were someone or other doesn't stir it in someway or other.

Hope the seroius advice you did get was of help and I'm sure I'm speaking for the vast majority on here by wishing that everything goes well with you having proper access to your son.

:agree:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Unfortunately there seems to be no forums were someone or other doesn't stir it in someway or other.

You can shut the fuck up sluffy you bellend.

Just because I am against parents splitting up doesn't make me a WUM.

Ask 100 people in the street and 75 would say divorce/splitting up is a major reason for "broken Britain". Are they all WUMs?

The simple fact is that people have kids without really thinking about it, and you can talk bollocks by saying "it was better for the kids for us to split up" but that is just a cop out. It's never better for the kids to have parents living seperately.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You can shut the fuck up sluffy you bellend.

Just because I am against parents splitting up doesn't make me a WUM.

Ask 100 people in the street and 75 would say divorce/splitting up is a major reason for "broken Britain". Are they all WUMs?

The simple fact is that people have kids without really thinking about it, and you can talk bollocks by saying "it was better for the kids for us to split up" but that is just a cop out. It's never better for the kids to have parents living seperately.

It's easy to generalise but we don't know the circumstances surrounding each case. People tend to get married and have kids because they love one another. Many people choose to live together as man and wife and have children but never tie the knot.

Who is to say who is right? Each case has to be judged on it's own merits. Anyone who thinks otherwise must have rocks in their head.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

It's easy to generalise but we don't know the circumstances surrounding each case. People tend to get married and have kids because they love one another. Many people choose to live together as man and wife and have children but never tie the knot.

Who is to say who is right? Each case has to be judged on it's own merits. Anyone who thinks otherwise must have rocks in their head.

I am generalising, but I don't have rocks in my head.

It's a proven fact that kids with two parents (living together) grow up to be more successful and happy.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It's a proven fact that kids with two parents (living together) grow up to be more successful and happy.

I am not sure how it is possible to quantify such a statement. It isn't documented. What about families with children who lose one of their parents through illness?

Not all parents who are widowed go on to remarry and they are still able to bring up their children in a loving and caring environment.

In an ideal world all children would probably benefit from having two parents but life isn't ideal.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am not married, but been with my partner for 24 yrs, we still get on well and have a good laugh.
i wouldn't change it for all the tea in China, also have 2 teenage kid's, god i feel lucky.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

Im not getting in to a slanging match with you Nat, however...

My mother dumped me on my dad aged one and disappeared - never shown any interest whatsoever, no birthday cards, no Christmas cards, etc. I know she is still alive but she left - my dad had to bring me up on his own along with my grandparents.

My dad re-married about 10 years ago. I call her mum even though she isn't.

I never lived a life of poverty due to being in a single parent family, I wanted for nothing. Ok, my dad had a little more money than most single parents do and could we could afford a much better standard of living than most.

The point im trying to make is this - I was brought up in a family that you would consider 'dysfunctional' - I turned out fine, I went through school, college and university, bought a house at 26 and have a fairly decent job - all before 30.

So I think your maths are messed up. Yes, some kids from so called 'dysfunctional' families turn out bad, but plenty of kids from 'perfect' families also turn out bad. I think its more down to class, ignorance and bad parenting than actually who the child lives with.

Its a known fact that most kids in single parent families are happier as one parent always spoils the child and they have somewhere to 'run away' to, in a manner of speaking.

You and I both know the REAL reasons for broken Britain - and single parent families are not one of them. Your Trolling...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

Erm one side of my parents grew up in a single parent family and both my parent and sibling became successful in their own fields. I know of an English lecturer at at top A-class university in the US who went to a Bolton school and was a child of a single parent family

So you non-qualified statement does not actually make sense!! But is is certain proved fact that children brought up with waring parents do have, in the majority, instability in their grown up life!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum