Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we stay up this season

+9
gloswhite
doffcocker
Sluffy
Keegan
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Your judgement is really poor. You're stuck in the mid 1990s. In the last six months you've claimed at different times we should have Graeme Souness, Paolo Di Canio and John McGinlay as manager. It's laughable. You just like to moan about Coyle and never have anything sensible to say.

Paulo Di Canio will go onto be a very good manager at the top level. You have no proof to say otherwise.

I said John McGinlay would keep us up if he were in charge of the team for the last 10 games. Not for his managerial skills, simply for the buzz it would give the whole club. If you can't see that then you must be one cold bastard.

42If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:51

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

John McGinlay? I know you like him but..

Choosing someone because their well liked and famous in the area but have no managerial skill/experience makes no sense..

Who else is on the list? Peter Kay..

43If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:John McGinlay? I know you like him but..

Choosing someone because their well liked and famous in the area but have no managerial skill/experience makes no sense..

For 10 games only.

He would have exactly the same players as Coyle, only he would bring some passion to the team. But more importantly he would fillt he Reebok and get the crowd going.

Bolton fans are so used to losing under Coyle they can't even be bothered booing anymore.

44If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:01

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I'd take McGinlay for the last 10 games. Not sure he could improve the actual football skills of the team but I bet we'd see a bit more heart on the pitch.

And I agree with Natasha, if McGinlay was manager the ground would be full every week - and the importance of that should never be underestimated.

45If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really working this one nat.

LL is right, it's like when Newcastle are looking for a manager, Ant and Dec are always 100/1.

Trust me, it wouldn't fill the reebok.

46If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:07

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not really working this one nat.

LL is right, it's like when Newcastle are looking for a manager, Ant and Dec are always 100/1.

No offence my man, but you can't have been around in the days of John McGinlay if you think him being manager wouldn't put 5000 on the gate.

47If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just from the shite he comes out with in his Bolton News column, it's obvious he's clueless aswell.

48If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quent wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not really working this one nat.

No offence my man, but you can't have been around in the days of John McGinlay if you think him being manager wouldn't put 5000 on the gate.

Yes, i was around.

It might put 5k on the gate... for the first game, but when we get absolutely humped because of his lack of managerial nouse the crowd would soon dissipate.

we didn't even fill the ground for the Carling Cup semi, the games in Europe.

having super john would do nothing to change it.

49If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:23

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Yes, i was around.

It might put 5k on the gate... for the first game, but when we get absolutely humped because of his lack of managerial nouse the crowd would soon dissipate.

This is an attitude I find very strange.

50If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Just from the shite he comes out with in his Bolton News column, it's obvious he's clueless aswell.

Doffcocker should be banned for this comment.

51If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yes, i was around.

Quent, don't listen to anything this bellend writes. He doesn't go to the games, he saw the 90's on Ceefax, and slags Muamba off for being childish while at the same time following his idol Stuart Holden on Twitter.

52If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quent wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Yes, i was around.

This is an attitude I find very strange.

How can it possibly be strange when the comments about the games are true?

53If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:49

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Even if it brings fans McGinlay wouldn't inspire the players. They arn't Bolton fans from childhood, they don't care about our team of the 90s. This wouldn't be a 'king kenny' situation where he had a great managerial history with the club and the player will have all heard of him and idolised him as a manager.

McGinlay has no managerial experience, and thats where it ends.

If it didn't work for Shearer it wont work for McGinlay.

54If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you don't think a full house of buzzing fans makes any difference to the players?

55If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:59

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Makes a difference, but if thats all it takes to win games then we might as well scrap the manager idea and start paying the crowd to cheer..

56If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 15:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Totally avoiding the fact there wouldn't be a full house of buzzing fans.

Whats happened to the amazing crowds Coyle pulled in, did he pull in one?

57If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Totally avoiding the fact there wouldn't be a full house of buzzing fans.

Are you trying to compare Coyle to McGinlay? Ha ha.

58If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 15:55

If Simon Garner took over at Rovers tomorrow Ewood would be full every week, even if he was the worst manager since Owen Coyle. People remember their heroes.

59If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Totally avoiding the fact there wouldn't be a full house of buzzing fans.

Are you trying to compare Coyle to McGinlay? Ha ha.

Not in terms of the "legend" tag but the effect was proclaimed when Coyle took over.

"he's brought the buzz back, he's a legend"

I don't even think his first home game sold out! lol.

60If we stay up this season - Page 3 Empty Re: If we stay up this season Tue Mar 13 2012, 16:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Not in terms of the "legend" tag but the effect was proclaimed when Coyle took over.

"he's brought the buzz back, he's a legend"

I don't even think his first home game sold out! lol.

Coyle isn't even close to being a legend, he wasn't even a regular.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum