Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank God For The Tories

+16
gloswhite
Bollotom2014
Norpig
scottjames30
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
wanderlust
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

31Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 07:09

This is why this country's fucked.

Here is a quotation I received yesterday from a local engineering firm to fabricate a metal sieve.

It's stainless steel, not gold by the way:

Scope of Work

To fabricate and deliver 1 off sieve.

Inclusions

Perforated sheet to be 1.5mm thick 304 stainless steel complete with 4mm holes, 6mm pitch.

Upstand edge to be fabricated from 100x3mm 304 stainless steel flat bar.

Handles to be fabricated from 10/12mm 304 stainless steel round bar.

Sieve to be fabricated in our workshop and delivered to site during normal hours.

Any standing time due to no fault of our own will be charged at the appropriate day work rates.

Exclusions

Any premium time working.

Any additional work cannot be performed without prior arrangement and an official order number.

Total price materials and labour: £519.00 + VAT

32Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 08:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

This isn't how it is, just like how all Tory voters aren't middle class snobs with no idea what it's like to live on the breadline...

For the last effing time, I gave up my gardener! And my manicurist only comes twice a week in these tough times.

33Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 08:29

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bread.
As you well know the supplier is just covering his/her own arse for customer indecision.
I've been in engineering over 40 years and if you don't tie everything down the customer expects rolls Royce job for the price of a lada!!!!
From an engineering point of view gold is much easier to work with than stainless steel, as you are no doubt aware, despite the fact it's pretty useless apart from decoration.

34Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:23

Soul Kitchen wrote:Bread.
As you well know the supplier is just covering his/her own arse for customer indecision.
I've been in engineering over 40 years and if you don't tie everything down the customer expects rolls Royce job for the price of a lada!!!!
From an engineering point of view gold is much easier to work with than stainless steel, as you are no doubt aware, despite the fact it's pretty useless apart from decoration.

I know what you're saying, SK but £519+VAT for a stainless sieve about a foot across.....?

I've ordered a 4mm soil sieve off Ebay for £8.52 + Free P&P and I bet it'll do the job just fine.

See, I'm saving money for the company already and I've only been here a week !!

35Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Bread.

I know what you're saying, SK but £519+VAT for a stainless sieve about a foot across.....?

I've ordered a 4mm soil sieve off Ebay for £8.52 + Free P&P and I bet it'll do the job just fine.

See, I'm saving money for the company already and I've only been here a week !!

I hope the quality is just as good...

36Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:48

It'll be fine.

And anybody who says otherwise will be getting an invite to my office for a chat......

37Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 10:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reading the quote gives the impression it's a bespoke piece of kit. Should have gone straight to ebay first if that suits!! Very Happy

38Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 12:57

I made the mistake of asking our on-site fitters if we had any sieves knocking about.

Circular, stainless, 12" diameter, 4mm holes, suitable for grading peannut kibble as a temporary measure for about a week.

The response I got was "We'll sort you one out."

Foolishly, I took this to mean they'd knock one up in the workshop in between fag breaks.

Silly me.

Why drill a few 4mm holes in a Quality Street tin, when you can "out-source" the job to your mate's engineering firm and charge the new gaffer £519 + VAT?

Cards well and truly marked.......

39Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 17:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That sounds a reasonable bollocking to me.
Some fitters departed from their brains when they finished their apprenticeships and some love engineering. I know one that loved engineering so much that when he retired his life ended, he missed the banter and the job so much! 
I'm very much like him.

40Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 18:40

My old man's like that.

Time-served at Bolton Power Station in the late 60's, now retired and still strips his gas fire down and gives it a thorough cleaning every three months because he's bored.

I keep telling him his insurers won't pay out if the house blows up because he's not sealed a joint properly but he just gives me a withering stare and shakes his head, before launching into a lecture about "how he's a proper engineer and knows what he's bloody doing...."

41Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 20:41

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The difference his he will seal it properly! I'll put my money on him!!
It was my dad I was on about.

42Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Tue Mar 11 2014, 20:58

I had a feeling it was your Dad.  

And you're probably right about mine - he's not blown it up yet and he's been servicing it for 35 years himself. Very Happy

43Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Wed Mar 12 2014, 08:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Enjoy him while you can. His little quirks might be irksome, you'll develop them lol, trust me.

44Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Wed Mar 12 2014, 11:57

I've already got most of 'em, mate...... Very Happy

45Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Thu Mar 13 2014, 19:32

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I don't doubt Whittam Towers has been a happier household over the last five years, but the same can't be said for the millions that are worse off than they've ever been.

You fuckwit, I had to let my gardener go in these tough times.

Yes, many people are worse off including me.....but if Labour were still in power we'd all be a lot worse off.
Your problem Natasha is you think everything is a piss take. Post a few cheap threads to  wind people up.
Being unemployed is a pretty serious situation, firstly the unemployment figures quoted do not reflect anything like the true figures probably another four million who are deemed as in a position to support themselves are not included.

People taking jobs on zero hour contracts, people working yet not receiving the minimum wage, people visiting food banks yet in work. If all this is part of this unelected toffs vision of the future then i say send them packing and soon.

As for Labour fucking up the economy? for me this is just another great ploy for the Tories to use in the "we are best on the economy debate" 

IF it was labours fault then why did America, Greece, Portugal etc all go bust ? maybe because it was a world wide banking crash. You just watch, if this rabble get another term they will eventually blame global problems, but just for now it suits them to blame all the worlds problems on the last Labour government.

AD as for not understanding the mindset of Labour voters, how do you explain the mindset of working people following the doctrine of the aristocracy. take  a look at why the Labour party was formed and take a look at the working conditions of children lrt alone adults prior to the birth of the labour movement and you will have your answer.

Part of the problem in Industry is that many small firms are run by fools, what is you do Nat?

46Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Thu Mar 13 2014, 20:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:

Part of the problem in Industry is that many small firms are run by fools, what is you do Nat?

Do fools win "Preston Businesswoman of the Year" two years running?

47Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Thu Mar 13 2014, 21:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Tories have never really got to grips with the industrial heartlands of Lancashire and Yorkshire. Coal, Steel and Textiles provided jobs for hard working northern folk and helped to make us a prosperous manufacturing country.

Apprenticeships are all but extinct and coal, steel and textiles no longer help to drive our economy. The workers in many communities were sold down the river in the interests of ' progress ' and nowadays we actually make very little goods for export.

Where did it all go wrong?

48Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Thu Mar 13 2014, 21:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Your problem Natasha is you think everything is a piss take. Post a few cheap threads to  wind people up.
Being unemployed is a pretty serious situation, firstly the unemployment figures quoted do not reflect anything like the true figures probably another four million who are deemed as in a position to support themselves are not included.

People taking jobs on zero hour contracts, people working yet not receiving the minimum wage, people visiting food banks yet in work. If all this is part of this unelected toffs vision of the future then i say send them packing and soon.

As for Labour fucking up the economy? for me this is just another great ploy for the Tories to use in the "we are best on the economy debate" 

IF it was labours fault then why did America, Greece, Portugal etc all go bust ? maybe because it was a world wide banking crash. You just watch, if this rabble get another term they will eventually blame global problems, but just for now it suits them to blame all the worlds problems on the last Labour government.

AD as for not understanding the mindset of Labour voters, how do you explain the mindset of working people following the doctrine of the aristocracy. take  a look at why the Labour party was formed and take a look at the working conditions of children lrt alone adults prior to the birth of the labour movement and you will have your answer.

This is the most ridiculous post ever.

You seem to be saying Labour are great and if they'd stayed in power we'd all be driving round in gold plated Bentleys. How bloody deluded can you get.

The crash might not have been down to Labour, but it was them that allowed the banks to basically run the country. And when it happened, what was their solution - spend our way out of recession!

If Labour were still in power now we'd still be in recession, probably at war with Syria, Russia and North Korea, and a bag of Haribo would cost £20.

You utter bellend.

49Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Fri Mar 14 2014, 13:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So your response is to say anything you do not agree with is ridiculous,(brilliant) then spout utter shite about war with who ever, and the cost of Haribo, you really are an utter shit at times. At least you accept that the crash wasn't down to labour, Nowhere did i say labour was great i never said that we would be driving around in Bentleys.

What i do say is that the unemployment figures are not a true reflection, this is common knowledge that the system used to collate the figures exempts at least 4-5 million people the government of the day usually tweaks the figure to suite.

What i di know is that througout my life time a Tory administration always leads to greater unemployment. Its obvious to normal people that it would suit the company owners to have several people chasing the same job, so that the lowest wage can be paid. Certainly happened under Thatcher. and it's happening now you just can't see the figures.

If you really do run a business i truly feel for the poor sods that have to dop a cap to you.

50Thank God For The Tories - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Fri Mar 14 2014, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:So your response is to say anything you do not agree with is ridiculous,(brilliant) then spout utter shite about war with who ever, and the cost of Haribo, you really are an utter shit at times. At least you accept that the crash wasn't down to labour, Nowhere did i say labour was great i never said that we would be driving around in Bentleys.

What i do say is that the unemployment figures are not a true reflection, this is common knowledge that the system used to collate the figures exempts at least 4-5 million people the government of the day usually tweaks the figure to suite.

What i di know is that througout my life time a Tory administration always leads to greater unemployment. Its obvious to normal people that it would suit the company owners to have several people chasing the same job, so that the lowest wage can be paid. Certainly happened under Thatcher. and it's happening now you just can't see the figures.

If you really do run a business i truly feel for the poor sods that have to dop a cap to you.

You are seriously deluded.

So you think there are actually 8 million people unemployed? Do you also believe the moon is made of cheese and Doulas Freedman is an attacking manager?

The bullshit you spout is the same bullshit that's been spouted for generations by loyal Labour supporters who would vote Labour if Alex Ferguson was their leader and his main policy was to kill everyone who doesn't have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Open your eyes and vote for who you believe is the best party NOW, not 30 years ago.

You utter bellend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum