Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would You Be Bothered If Romanians Moved In Next Door?

+13
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
mark leach
rammywhite
White84
bwfc71
Tigermin
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
White84 wrote:Scott times have changed I doubt the average German knew about the gassing of the Jews.There was no TV ,Internet,censored Radio was all that was available.

Saying that BBC were broadcasting on TV before the start of the war, but were suspended during the war and only started up again after the war.

The schedule were repeats of Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, Bergerac and Howard's Way.
You missed out 'Triangle'. Top show that. By the way Bread,if you check out ITV 1 tonight at 10.20 you're in for a treat. Bruce Forsyth pays tribute to Sammy Davis Jnr. We've discussed in the past your admiration for our No 1 entertainer. Don't miss it.

Cheers Bonce.

I'll record it and save it on Sky+ for future use.

By that I mean, when the wife's annoying mate comes round and I want to get rid of her after half an hour, I'll stick it on.....

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha can you send your used panties to Scott I think he loves you?

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton Bonce boring twat,do you do it with the lights off?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
White84 wrote:Scott times have changed I doubt the average German knew about the gassing of the Jews.There was no TV ,Internet,censored Radio was all that was available.

Saying that BBC were broadcasting on TV before the start of the war, but were suspended during the war and only started up again after the war.

The schedule were repeats of Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, Bergerac and Howard's Way.
You missed out 'Triangle'. Top show that. By the way Bread,if you check out ITV 1 tonight at 10.20 you're in for a treat. Bruce Forsyth pays tribute to Sammy Davis Jnr. We've discussed in the past your admiration for our No 1 entertainer. Don't miss it.

Thanks Bonce, I completely forgot about Kate O'Mara's masterpiece that was Triangle!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Natasha can you send your used panties to Scott I think he loves you?

He doesn't wear Panties.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

He doesn't wear Panties.

Mavies doesn't like them.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oi 84' I've bought you a plane ticket to Switzerland. A taxi will meet you at the airport and take you straight to the Dignitas clinic.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd like to see a large family of Romanians move in next door to David Cameron and see how he likes it. I'm quite sure that most people would be apprehensive at the very thought. To pretend otherwise is nonsense.

Same as if a family of black people moved in I suppose? Horrifying.

Ps, before the police knock my door down my comment is intended to point out that the anti Romanian arguament is very similar to the old fashioned anti black stuff... Why is anti Romanian allowed?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Could I suggest that you first experience a family of ethnic Romainians freshly arrived in this country and experience the cultural 'challenges' they bring to the normality of your neighbourhood before you go pontificating about things you clearly have no experience of.

If you (and other UKIP supporters) can say you don't want Romanians living next door, with no experience of living next door to Romanians, why can't Biggie what he has above Sluffy?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've never voted for UKIP and I've worked with Romanian familys and their neighbours.

That however does not stop Biggie or anyone else spouting their opinions on something they clearly know nothing about just for the sake of political correctness.

So the only reason people don't share your opinion on this is political correctness?

Considering you're normally promoting the fact that this is a forum for everybody to give their own opinion no matter what it is (which I completely agree with by the way) I find your last post strange.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sorry if I'm not getting my point across, I'll give it one last go.

I don't believe the issue of dealing with recently arrived Romainians to be a racist issue as some including Biggie obviously think but more of a clash of lifestyles and cultures.

The large influx of eastern Europeans, most notably Poles but also Czech's, Slovakians, Lithuainians, Latvians, Estonians, etc, in recent years as not in general caused any noticable neighbourhood problems - other than would be expected from a sudden influx of residents to an area (impact on housing, school places, GP rolls, etc). This is mainly imo because their lifestyles and cultures are not that disimilar from those in our country and thus have been integrated within communities without too much difficulty.

However Romainians and Bulgarians in general live their lives in a different way and it is this 'clash' of lifestyles where much of the problems of the 'bad neighbour' issue arises from.

I am not saying the Romainians are bad people - the ones I have dealt with have been very pleasant - but the way they live their lives can and does effect the immeadiate vicinity as I've tried to outline previously in this thread above.

I have included also above an example of what I am trying to convey - although the case study was that of a Slovakian family rather than Romainian - which basically highlights the problem of a family seen to be a 'model' back in their own country yet a 'problem' in ours.

It is a clash of lifestyles that is at issue here and not one of racism that the less informed clearly take it to be.

It's nothing to do with missing your point, you've made it obvious what you think and make some good points - although I don't necessarily agree with them.

My point is I don't think it's fair for you to dismiss others for 'spouting their opinions on something they clearly know nothing about just for the sake of political correctness.' I think there's far more to the view than just that and I don't see what makes you qualified to dismiss it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not really sure what you are getting at?

Farage made a comment that was taken as racist.

I tried to show through my experience that there was some merit in his comment from a social point of view - rather than a racial one.

Biggie commented from a racial point of view.

I posted that Biggie would benefit from knowledge of the matter prior to accusations of racism.

You joined the thread by posting your assumption that I voted UKIP and had no experience on the matter and that Biggie should be allowed to post what he wanted.

I corrected your errors about myself and agreed that Biggie is allowed to post what he wanted even if it was ill informed and clearly PC.

You posted about people not agreeing with me was beacause of being PC - which I took as me not getting my social point across clearly, so I posted on this aspect once again.

You now seem to be saying that there is now more to the PC view and that I am not qualified to dismiss it.

If so yes you are right.

People all the time make ill informed judgements and comments based on their own prejudicies rather than on the facts of the matter and these are allowed on the forum much as they are in real life.

It doesn't make them correct though.

I thought some personal insight into the issue might be helpful - clearly not for some people.

No big deal though, its not as though anything said on here will change the way of the world.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Right just to clarify...

I wouldn't be too chuffed if a family of Romanians were moving in next door...
They might turn out to be fine...
However, before the event I would be apprehensive, because I don't know much about them and all that I do hear in general tends to be bad press.
I try not to subscribe to the PC view and in my original comment I was attempting to play devils advocate. 
In another 20 years there might well be well integrated Romanians all over the country and we won't bat an eye lid any more than if a black family moved in, then again, most people might hate them...

I think really the biggest worry to me is if they were criminal minded or if their activities affected my life negatively in some way... There is also the consideration that their moral values might differ from my own in some way which would make me uncomfortable.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy and Biggie,

I think you are agreed on this- its just minor differences in the way that you express it.
Call it a score draw and start arguing about something else!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know any Romanians, never have. Have worked with/managed and been friends with a lot of Polish and Slovakian people though and they have been absolutely great people to work with and hang out with, extremely friendly and hard working. 

spending a lot of time in the midlands too I was friends with a lot of Indian and Pakistanis growing up, had similar experiences with those people too, honestly can't think of a bad word to say about them.

chavs born and bread here and in England on the other hand.... 

completely anecdotal of course.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Don't know any Romanians, never have. Have worked with/managed and been friends with a lot of Polish and Slovakian people though and they have been absolutely great people to work with and hang out with, extremely friendly and hard working. 

spending a lot of time in the midlands too I was friends with a lot of Indian and Pakistanis growing up, had similar experiences with those people too, honestly can't think of a bad word to say about them.

chavs born and bread here and in England on the other hand.... 

completely anecdotal of course.

Racist! How dare you come on here and slag off the Brits!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum