Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would You Be Bothered If Romanians Moved In Next Door?

+13
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
mark leach
rammywhite
White84
bwfc71
Tigermin
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Saw the following on the news today and it is an actual example of the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread about different cultures -

The parents are appealing to the European Court of Human Rights, although it is likely it will take months before their case is heard.

Lucie Boddington, from Děti Patří Rodičům - or Children Belong to Parents - a Slovakian charity which has been supporting the couple, said she hoped the Slovak government would request the case be heard more quickly.

She told the BBC the parents were "desperate" and had cried openly when they heard the judge's decision.

"This is I think in some way a cultural misunderstanding," she said.

"In Slovakia, they were a model family - very different from the way some Roma live. The father is hard-working, well-educated; he wanted the best for his children."

So they are a model family in their own country yet this is what the court heard about how they live -

An earlier hearing heard evidence they had neglected their children.

'Over-chastised'

In what the judge described as a "very sad case", the boys - aged two and four - were put up for adoption because of concerns about the couple's parenting.

Mrs Justice Theis had found them unwilling to acknowledge the criticisms or to change how they parented their children.

The court heard the boys' older siblings' school attendance was poor, that they were left alone and "over-chastised" - the father admitted he had beaten them - and sometimes appeared dirty and unkempt.

The judge had ruled the younger boys should be adopted, for their long-term welfare.

Would you honestly want this 'model' family living next door to you?

The point that I was trying to make earlier is that how people live in their home country is one thing but it doesn't necessarily fit into to how we live in this country and that is were the problems start when they live to their ways, values and norms - whilst being in our society with its ways, values and norms.

Just to sum things up a bit more -

Sir James Munby, the most senior judge in the Family Court, said the couple had no grounds in law to appeal.

He added that while any judge should "respect the opinions of those who come here from a foreign land", he had to judge matters according to English law and by reference to "the standards of reasonable men and women in contemporary English society".

Full story here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27552716

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Be much more annoyed if a bunch of chavs from England moved in tbh.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Be much more annoyed if a bunch of chavs from England moved in tbh.

:biggrin: 

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Be much more annoyed if a bunch of chavs from England moved in tbh.
 Laughing

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hadrians wall ,well ahead of our time back then.Last night I had Salmon fillets a corn on the cob, tiger bread with a bit Lurpak .Followed by frozen yoghurt with summer fruits. Not a fried Mars Bar in sight. My mate once got involved in some trouble in Scotland,and ended up in Barlinnie jail.If your catholic you get a green card to go on a catholic wing if your Protestant you get a blue card and so on.The point I'm trying to get at is at Christmas all the jocks were salivating at getting Haggis on Christmas Day.He took the vegetarian option,I said what was it like of what he saw his pad mate eat,his reply a condom stretched over stinking meat.Then tatie pudding? God only knows and we r worried about Romanions. :shootinggun: ::bigmachinegun:: :gun: 

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

White84 wrote:Hadrians wall ,well ahead of our time back then.Last night I had Salmon fillets a corn on the cob, tiger bread with a bit Lurpak .Followed by frozen yoghurt with summer fruits.                                                Not a fried Mars Bar in sight. My mate once got involved in some trouble in Scotland,and ended up in Barlinnie jail.If your catholic you get a green card to go on a catholic wing if your Protestant you get a blue card and so on.The point I'm trying to get at is at Christmas all the jocks were salivating at getting Haggis on Christmas Day.He took the vegetarian option,I said what was it like of what he saw his pad mate eat,his reply a condom stretched over stinking meat.Then tatie  pudding? God only knows and we r worried about Romanions. :shootinggun: ::bigmachinegun:: :gun: 

Your mate sounds a bit numb to me. if he's vegetarian why did he ask for haggis? Its made from meat!!. 

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Read the post you tit where I wrote he took the vegeterian option.Go Finnish shagging sheep you wool.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

White84 wrote:Read the post you tit where I wrote he took the vegeterian option.Go Finnish shagging sheep you wool.

Sorry-I only understand English

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Go Finnish shagging sheep you wool.

Talking of finishing, have you considered school?

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Read the post FFS.HE TOOK THEVEGETARIAN OPTION!I SAID what was it like what he saw his mate eat?His Reply a condom stretched over stinking meat.And my mate sounds a bit thick DOH!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because White84 is thick, does that mean you have to tell him to go to school you smug cow?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Like I said,I only understand English, and then only  with a bit of punctuation within it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Just because White84 is thick, does that mean you have to tell him to go to school you smug cow?

Of course it does. There is no excuse for such a poor grasp of the English language these days.

He'll thank me one day.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Would You Be Bothered If Romanians Moved In Next Door? - Page 4 Uvot9911

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Just because White84 is thick, does that mean you have to tell him to go to school you smug cow?

Of course it does. There is no excuse for such a poor grasp of the English language these days.

He'll thank me one day.

Put your dummy back in, this is now a multinational country, basic English no longer matters, you're behind the times,

My advice to you is get laid.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ramsbottom how long have you had electricity.Woolly backs on the loose,did you know man has landed on the Moon.I do think I got lost and ended up in Ramsbottom.What a strange name.The place was shut I think there was one street with a few shops there.The name always worried me,did it have conitations to the local inbreds shagging sheep?Always never understood why a place would be named after a sheeps anus!Very Worrying?

White84 wrote:Ramsbottom how long have you had electricity.Woolly backs on the loose,did you know man has landed on the Moon.I do think I got lost and ended up in Ramsbottom.What a strange name.The place was shut I think there was one street with a few shops there.The name always worried me,did it have conitations to the local inbreds shagging sheep?Always never understood why a place would be named after a sheeps anus!Very Worrying?

Why are you so obviously furious all the time, 84?

Can you not get tablets for it or something?

If you carry on like this, one day your head's going to pop, mate.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Danny Dyer speaks the queens language who cares if your not got a fucking degree in English duss tha not speak like tha from Bowton.translated from phony Boltoners does that not speak like your from Bolton.A level,s degrees all that matters in life is family and having plenty of £££££.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Danny Dyer speaks the queens language who cares if your not got a fucking degree in English duss tha not speak like tha from Bowton.translated from phony Boltoners does that not speak like your from Bolton.A level,s degrees all that matters in life is family and having plenty of £££££.

Are you Phil Gartside?

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not furious it's all an act.Ill be furious if we don't here something about the Juke soon.If I ever need to relieve tension I go down to my basement,do some Deadlifts,Squats,Bench Presses.Then finish off with 6 times 2 minute rounds on my punch bag.A nice shower and at my age I'm ready for watching soaps.DND anymore maybe once every three months,bloody wedding,engagements.DND do not drink,just in case it could cause confusion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum