Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide.

+10
terenceanne
wanderlust
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Who's the better striker?

Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Vote_lcap92%Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 92% [ 23 ]
Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Most people tend to agree that playing with Klasnic was tantamount to playing with ten men, minus the fact he averaged about a goal every four matches.
Let's imagine for a minute he scored one goal every game. That's four times as many goals as he actually scored for us and with a lot more regularity, as he would often score two together then go months without scoring one.
If given the choice, would you start every match with a one goal advantage and a one man disadvantage? I don't think most people would, yet a lot of people seem to think we missed a trick not starting Klasnic every match.

Obviously Anelka was a million times the player Klasnic was. Klasnic is phenomenally overrated at Bolton and I don't imagine us being an worse off had we never signed him.

What a load of shit.

Klasnic hardly started. 1 goal in 4 is pretty good when you only played for 50 minutes over those 4 games.

You dickhead.

22Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 22:05

Are we comparing careers or for bolton

Anelka obviously was the better striker overall but i do get scotts point

Klasnic was clinical and how many of his games where from the bench. Probably more than half. Anelka will have played every game from the start when fit. To be fair, this is like comparing ole gunnar solskjaer to ruud van nistleroy (sp. Wank, sorry)

23Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 23:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Most people tend to agree that playing with Klasnic was tantamount to playing with ten men, minus the fact he averaged about a goal every four matches.
Let's imagine for a minute he scored one goal every game. That's four times as many goals as he actually scored for us and with a lot more regularity, as he would often score two together then go months without scoring one.
If given the choice, would you start every match with a one goal advantage and a one man disadvantage? I don't think most people would, yet a lot of people seem to think we missed a trick not starting Klasnic every match.

Obviously Anelka was a million times the player Klasnic was. Klasnic is phenomenally overrated at Bolton and I don't imagine us being an worse off had we never signed him.

What a load of shit.

Klasnic hardly started. 1 goal in 4 is pretty good when you only played for 50 minutes over those 4 games.

You dickhead.

I understand it's difficult to be objective about a player who had a lot of class in front of goal but I ask you to try.

I've mentioned several times on here that Klasnic actually had a damn long run in the team under Coyle where he went a number of (winnable) games without scoring and we lost them all.
Clowns like you would have people believe we were always an attacking threat with Klasnic on the field. And it couldn't be further from the truth. He scored some good goals, but spent most of the time completely isolated, doing fuck all.

24Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 00:45

Klasnic
44 starts
40 sub appearances
24 goals
This is including cup games

Anelka
58 starts
3 sub appearances
23 goals
Also including cup games

25Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 06:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Klasnic
44 starts
40 sub appearances
24 goals

Anelka
58 starts
3 sub appearances
23 goals
Also including cup games

So Klasnic has a better strike rate, that's what I'm getting at.

Strike rate = Better striker.

26Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 10:41

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Klasnic
44 starts
40 sub appearances
24 goals

Anelka
58 starts
3 sub appearances
23 goals
Also including cup games

So Klasnic has a better strike rate, that's what I'm getting at.

Strike rate = Better striker.
i was trying to find something that told you the total minutes played as that would tell you, but even so, it only means he was a better striker FOR US.  I don't think anyone can argue with Anelka's pedigree was a lot better overall

27Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I said was, Johnny lad , that Megson brought in the best Bolton striker we've ever had.

Thanks for proving my point, Anelka had a better career, no question.

But nobody (I don't think) can prove he wasn't our best striker with facts.

Klasnic scored more goals in less games, in a shitter team than Anelka. Cool

Last edited by scottjames30 on Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:15; edited 1 time in total

28Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:14

Anelka is the better striker, he'd outscore Klasnic every single time.

29Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Anelka is the better striker, he'd outscore Klasnic every single time.

Why didn't he then?

30Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:22

Er, he did.

If you look at those stats, Klasnic figured in 84 games for us, whereas Anelka only played in 61.

But there's only one goal in it in terms of how many they each scored.

So Anelka is the better striker.

31Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Er, he did.

If you look at those stats, Klasnic figured in 84 games for us, whereas Anelka only played in 61.

Er, he didn't, because the 20 games he came on as a sub was in the last five mins of games.

What was 100 mins, so Klasnic is a better striker.

32Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One game, Klasnic came on in the 90th min, scored then got sent off.

So it's even less than that.

33Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who had more assists?
And what was the total time on the pitch for each player?

34Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anelka had more actual time on the pitch so Klasnic was more productive in terms of scoring goals.

35Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Anelka had more actual time on the pitch so Klasnic was more productive in terms of scoring goals.
In order to calculate the strike rate (if that is the deciding factor which I personally don't think it is) we need to know the exact total number of minutes on the pitch for each player. Divide that by goals scored. Then do the same for assists and pass completion percentage and hey presto - conclusive proof that Klasnic was a lazy titty-liner. Entertaining to watch when he wasn't giving the ball away though.

36Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:26

The only argument you could make is that Klasnic was a better finisher (he wasn't), anything else is absolutely ridiculous. Anelka was better in every single way.

37Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Stupid comment by a stupid person.

For a start, Johnny's stats don't agree with what it says on Soccerbase (no offence Johnny) as they have him down as coming off the bench 50 times. It's also a wild exaggeration when people say Klasnic would only come on for five minutes here and there; he was often brought on early in the second half. Secondly Klasnic started god knows how many cup matches against weakened opposition. Anelka played nearly all of his football for us in the league. Also, if you look at the goals Anelka scored for us, there's no way Klasnic would have had the pace, control and technique to put them away. You can just imagine Klasnic chasing after a long ball out to the left wing, running with it, teasing an Arsenal full back, coming inside and blasting it into the top corner can't you! All Klasnic knew was hope for a lucky bounce and have a shot, hence his goals were so sporadic.

38Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:32

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Stupid comment by a stupid person.

For a start, Johnny's stats don't agree with what it says on Soccerbase (no offence Johnny) as they have him down as coming off the bench 50 times. It's also a wild exaggeration when people say Klasnic would only come on for five minutes here and there; he was often brought on early in the second half. Secondly Klasnic started god knows how many cup matches against weakened opposition. Anelka played nearly all of his football for us in the league. Also, if you look at the goals Anelka scored for us, there's no way Klasnic would have had the pace, control and technique to put them away. You can just imagine Klasnic chasing after a long ball out to the left wing, running with it, teasing an Arsenal full back, coming inside and blasting it into the top corner can't you! All Klasnic knew was hope for a lucky bounce and have a shot, hence his goals were so sporadic.

Bang on assessment Doff, as I said earlier Anelka's movement made space (and chances) Klasnic would never have been in a position to take.

39Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:36

My thread, my poll, my rules.

The correct answer is Anelka.

(Bangs gavel on desk.)

Next!

40Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Thu Nov 05 2015, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Also, if you look at the goals Anelka scored for us, there's no way Klasnic would have had the pace, control and technique to put them away. You can just imagine Klasnic chasing after a long ball out to the left wing, running with it, teasing an Arsenal full back, coming inside and blasting it into the top corner can't you!

You're right, goals that include pace, control and technique count double that of those tapped in from 2 yards.

What a knob.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum