Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 21:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Macron and Merkel now fully back a European army. That’s great news! I explained why we need it at the #ALDECongress in Madrid. Watch my intervention

742Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 21:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Macron and Merkel now fully back a European army. That’s great news! I explained why we need it at the #ALDECongress in Madrid. Watch my intervention

Link didn't work. It's a tweet by guy verhofstadt

743Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 21:27

Would never have happened with the UK in the EU.

744Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 23:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Would never have happened with the UK in the EU.
..and it's a brilliant idea seeing as we currently pay a disproportionate amount on "Defence" at the expense of the NHS, social care, education, alleviating poverty, homelessness and all the other things our veterans and everyone else actually needs. And now we'll have to give even more money to arms manufacturers and the Americans instead of spending it on UK PLC.

745Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 09:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The rats who caused Brexit are continuing to abandon the sinking ship. With Nissan, Toyota and a host of other manufacturers gearing up to close down their British operations, and the billionaires behind the " Takes a major country and Brexit" plot protected from the looming shitstorm, you can't miss what the "faces" are doing.
Jason Rees Mogg has opened his company in.....Dublin
Aaron Banks is spending all his time in South Africa where his diamond mines are located
Nigel Lawson has applied for French residency

...and now the leading British billionaire businessman who famously put his "good name" behind the plot, going on TV to condemn the un-Britishness of the EU, has decided that all his company's worldwide tax on profits will be paid to Singapore/China instead of the British Government by moving his HQ to Singapore.

Bunch of lying wankers who should be prosecuted for treason.

746Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 10:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Smarts10

747Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...or a first vote on reality.
LiamFox now saying that if we don't accept May's deal it would be a betrayal of the electorate, but surely the betrayal of the electorate took place in 2016 and to go ahead with a deal that nobody voted for would simply compound that betrayal?

748Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 11:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The irony of serial liars like Fox and Boris talking about betrayal seems to be lost on brexiteers.

Fox resigned in 2011 for breaking the ministerial code by letting Adam Werritty into defence meetings and boasted about signing 40 trade agreements before we left the EU when he has only managed to sign one so far.

Boris, well where do you start? It would be easier to list the few times he has actually told the truth.

749Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 11:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Politicians lying. Well I never.

750Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 11:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Smarts11

Repeat after me, it is not a cult.

751Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 23 2019, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Smarts11

Repeat after me, it is not a cult.
Seriously your spelling is almost as bad as Sluffy's.

752Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 24 2019, 09:17

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Politicians lying. Well I never.
The problem is the lies are for their own gain. Rees-Mogg saying no deal is great whilst moving his fund companies to Dublin. Redwood telling his rich clients to move their money out of the UK, Dyson (not a politician, but a major funder of the Leave campaign) pretendng that the HQ move to Singapore is to sell more things in the Far East, despite the fact that the EU and Singapore just signed a trade deal which goes against the logic of the move.

The bigger problem is people just believing everything they spout without checking the facts. Lots of posts on Faceache recently about how the UK must take the Euro according to the Lisbon Treaty, despite the fact that it says nowhere in the Treaty that the UK HAS to take the Euro. Also quite worrying was that in a recent Sky Poll 26% of people thought that "No Deal Brexit" meant staying in the EU ! People have lost the ability to research things now and just take everything said as being the truth.

753Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 24 2019, 09:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Politicians lying. Well I never.
The problem is the lies are for their own gain. Rees-Mogg saying no deal is great whilst moving his fund companies to Dublin. Redwood telling his rich clients to move their money out of the UK, Dyson (not a politician, but a major funder of the Leave campaign) pretendng that the HQ move to Singapore is to sell more things in the Far East, despite the fact that the EU and Singapore just signed a trade deal which goes against the logic of the move.

The bigger problem is people just believing everything they spout without checking the facts. Lots of posts on Faceache recently about how the UK must take the Euro according to the Lisbon Treaty, despite the fact that it says nowhere in the Treaty that the UK HAS to take the Euro. Also quite worrying was that in a recent Sky Poll 26% of people thought that "No Deal Brexit" meant staying in the EU ! People have lost the ability to research things now and just take everything said as being the truth.

Mogg didn't move anything. His company manages funds that was done at the behest of a client. 

Where do Dyson make their Hoover's out of interest?

755Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 24 2019, 10:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So as I said. No company was moved as is the lie peddled on twitter.

756Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 24 2019, 12:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

More setbacks because May won't listen to anyone but brexit extremists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46981834

Sony has announced it is planning to move its European headquarters from the UK to the Netherlands to avoid disruptions caused by Brexit.

Aeroplane maker Airbus has warned that it could move wing-building out of the UK in the future if there is a no-deal Brexit.

757Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 24 2019, 12:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is notable that May continuously avoids the issue about international companies moving headquarters out of the UK. Manufacturing may well continue in Britain  as long as we sell our labour cheap enough - but the key point is that in moving HQs the Treasury will be losing billions in taxation of their global profits and that's  far more expensive and damaging to the economy than jobs.
I guess be repeating the mantra that obs won't be lost -- even though they will in many cases - voters will be fooled again, despite the inevitability of further cutbacks in social spending.

758Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 27 2019, 12:36

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:So as I said. No company was moved as is the lie peddled on twitter.
So explain to me why someone who advocates a no deal Brexit needs to set up hedge fund companies in Dublin ? I thought that he was a patriot and would not be interested in investing outside of the UK ? As for Dyson his vacuum cleaners are made in Malaysia for years, but that isn’t the point is it, he is moving his HQ. Do you think his staff will be capable to relocate to Singapore, or even want to ? What is your opinion on the Dutch Government statement about more than 250 companies are currently negotiating moving there headquarters from the UK to the Netherlands ? What about the EMA losing its London HQ with the loss of around 900 jobs, and Airbus comments about Wing production at Broughton etc ? It’s damage limitation now, and I really think that there is no way to stop Brexit now. It’s ironic that Brexit is costing the UK around 300 million a week already and we haven’t even left yet. Some guy on Twitter earlier was spouting on about how more companies are investing in the UK at the moment despite Bloomberg saying investment is down 96 percent from before the referendum.

759Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 27 2019, 14:58

I doubt even the most ardent Brexit supporter would still claim leaving is going to be beneficial to our economy.

Brexit is an ideological position, that’s clear now.

760Brexit negotiations - Page 38 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 27 2019, 15:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:I doubt even the most ardent Brexit supporter would still claim leaving is going to be beneficial to our economy.

Brexit is an ideological position, that’s clear now.

An ideological and emotional position, which is why you can never get a brexiteer to respond rationally to any factual argument. Anything you say is always countered with wild assertions and sadly all too often abuse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum