Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+16
gloswhite
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Dunkels King
okocha
bwfc71
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 33]

361Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 06 2019, 18:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The EU will keep giving us extensions. You have to wonder why.

362Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 06 2019, 18:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know what Wander, you really are a fucking moron!

363Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 06 2019, 19:23

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The EU will keep giving us extensions. You have to wonder why.

Because a no deal doesn’t suit anyone.

Except the likes of your hero Rees Mogg, who’ll make a fortune.

364Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Apr 06 2019, 23:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:So parliament voted to go back to the EU and beg them to change their minds over the extension? Now May will be told tofuck Off in 27 languages again.

The minority who still want to leave will whinge and May will try to bring the narrative back to her deal or no deal.

And every excuse under the sun will be given not to accept the will of the people to remain and take a leading role in the EU.

We are so shit we don’t deserve to be in the EU.
When did we last take a leading role in the EU? As far as I am aware, we rarely, if ever, influenced anything. We're not liked very much in the EU parliament, never really have been, since Maggie forced them to give some money back.

365Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 01:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So parliament voted to go back to the EU and beg them to change their minds over the extension? Now May will be told tofuck Off in 27 languages again.

The minority who still want to leave will whinge and May will try to bring the narrative back to her deal or no deal.

And every excuse under the sun will be given not to accept the will of the people to remain and take a leading role in the EU.

When did we last take a leading role in the EU? As far as I am aware, we rarely, if ever, influenced anything. We're not liked very much in the EU parliament, never really have been, since Maggie forced them to give some money back.

It's just another remain lie. Remain and reform. More chance of reform in Saudi Arabia

366Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 08:15

gloswhite wrote:

The EU parliament held a grudge over something Thatcher did 30 years ago? Really not sure I’m buying that. The truth is we did play a lead role in the EU.

Here’s an example of how we influenced reform. Which also discredits two Brexiteer lies; we never controlled our borders and we never achieved any reform.

Brexit negotiations - Page 19 81800-D3-E-3-DDE-40-EC-B93-A-BEB0-B800-AF93

367Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 14:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

The EU parliament held a grudge over something Thatcher did 30 years ago? Really not sure I’m buying that. The truth is we did play a lead role in the EU.

Here’s an example of how we influenced reform. Which also discredits two Brexiteer lies; we never controlled our borders and we never achieved any reform.

Brexit negotiations - Page 19 81800-D3-E-3-DDE-40-EC-B93-A-BEB0-B800-AF93

That is a fact TROY. You don't think it will have any effect on a brexit fan do you? Rolling Eyes

368Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 14:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crikey they allowed us to decide if we removed criminals from our own country? That's kind of them.

369Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 15:12

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Crikey they allowed us to decide if we removed criminals from our own country? That's kind of them.

Well, being as the UK isn't in Schengen, and can therefore (and should) check every person coming in, you would think that 99% of them would be stopped from coming in to the UK in the first place, but HMRC is like the Police, understaffed and can't do all the checks it should. You can throw the blame for that at the Government, not the EU.

370Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 15:16

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

gloswhite wrote:

i wonder why we aren't liked ? The likes of Farage going in there (when he can be arsed to show up) and literally doing nothing other than try to undermine everything. The UK proposed around 90% of all legislation, accepted most of the rest, except for a few items to do with Taxation and suchlike. We had the best agreement in the EU with our discounts and opt outs. I would say we had a big influence. If I read the Daily Mail, or more to the point, believed even 20% of the absolute lies they spout then maybe I would see it differently.

371Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 16:07

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Crikey they allowed us to decide if we removed criminals from our own country? That's kind of them.

Is it a reform or not?

372Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 16:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Is it a reform or not?

Depends. What did we request.

373Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 16:42

I’ll help you, if it’s a change from the status quo that constitutes reform.

So the notion you can’t reform the EU is bollocks.

As is that we had no control over our own borders.

So if there’s any chance of having a sensible discussion about Brexit, both those points need to be accepted.

374Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Apr 07 2019, 22:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Mrs May seems to think we voted leave with a deal, there is something seriously wrong with her.

375Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Apr 08 2019, 01:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flying back from Spain today and some overdressed brexiteer biddy was kicking off with the airport guy who was trying to help her use her digi passport (hardly rocket science) and as she was ranting and raving about it, he turned to his colleagues and said "she's taking back control". Unpatriotic perhaps but me and the missus laughed our socks off, even though we are a standing joke with our fellow Europeans.

376Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Apr 08 2019, 11:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:

Well, being as the UK isn't in Schengen, and can therefore (and should) check every person coming in, you would think that 99% of them would be stopped from coming in to the UK in the first place, but HMRC is like the Police, understaffed and can't do all the checks it should. You can throw the blame for that at the Government, not the EU.

If we can already do i don't understand why were asking the EU for permission.

377Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Apr 08 2019, 14:55

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

It said "a strengthening of powers". That's not the same as "new powers". Less recourse for appeal etc. It wasn't just for the UK it was for all EU Countries, so as an example, Spain can kick out all the Criminal Brits if they want to.

378Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Apr 08 2019, 15:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Are you safe where you are DK ?  Very Happy

379Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Apr 09 2019, 10:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

It said "a strengthening of powers". That's not the same as "new powers". Less recourse for appeal etc. It wasn't just for the UK it was for all EU Countries, so as an example, Spain can kick out all the Criminal Brits if they want to.

Excellent. But I still don't understand why were asking for permission to police our own country.

380Brexit negotiations - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Apr 09 2019, 10:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

Excellent. But I still don't understand why were asking for permission to police our own country.
I don't understand why you think that participating in the democratic processes of and seeking clarification from an organisation we overwhelmingly voted to join constitutes "asking for permission".

That said we have been appalling at "policing our own country", the Abu Hamza case being a prime example, where for "political reasons" we refused to prosecute him or deport him to the States (where he'd already been convicted) for years causing the deaths of Brits in Yemen and showing the world how weak we are. Tory paper article here.
And as recently as January, the CPS dropped firearms charges against his son Here.
If anything, our "justice system" needs help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum