Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Labour leader

+10
Hipster_Nebula
sunlight
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
xmiles
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

181Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 10:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

She speaks well of you, Hipster.....  Wink

182Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 10:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As i'm a member of  the Unison Labour link political fund i can register as an affiliate member and get a vote in the leadership election now.

I think they need to pick a safe pair of hands now after Jezza so i'll probably be voting for Starmer but need to have a read up on all the candidates. Not sure momentum having all the power to pick the next leader is a good idea as if its RLB then she'll be seen as Corbyn mark 2.

183Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 13:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Phillips is a total gobshite. 

If she gets in the labour movement will again be reduced to a boring class war protest movement.
My thoughts exactly. She strikes me as  an educated Chav.

184Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 21 2020, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phillips has dropped out of the race now. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51195059

185Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 21 2020, 17:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Phillips has dropped out of the race now. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51195059

A pity but inevitable. Thornberry has no chance. It will be interesting to see how far Nandy gets but I still think it is between Starmer and mini-Corbyn.

186Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 21 2020, 17:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think your right, and its a very poor choice for the voters.

187Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 01:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I think your right, and its a very poor choice for the voters.
Come off it. As long as it's not the Corbynite, both Starmer and Nandy are far more attractive propositions than Borat. Ok he's funny and good to laugh at but Prime Minister? That joke is going to wear very thin, very soon.
Next Labour leader - Page 10 2Q==

188Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 07:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Starmer has already won.

There was a focus group on channel4 news last night of disaffected labour voters which was interesting.

Most seemed to say Nandy would win them back but starmer was too "corporate" though I think a few did say he'd win them back. Think RLB was the worst performer with them. 

They also said Boris was likeable and relatable. Opinions the liberal bubble will continue to ignore.

Strangely most of them didn't seem familiar with any of the candidates outside of their face.

189Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 07:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Come off it. As long as it's not the Corbynite, both Starmer and Nandy are far more attractive propositions than Borat. Ok he's funny and good to laugh at but Prime Minister? That joke is going to wear very thin, very soon.

Yeah, the public don't agree with you. 

Boris is popular. Labour will only win back power when they stop trotting (get it) out lies about him being racist and sexist and actually get serious.

190Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 08:59

Never called black people piccaninnies with watermelon smiles then?

191Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yeah, the public don't agree with you - FOR NOW

Boris is popular. SO IS MICKEY MOUSE.

192Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 10:14

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A very amusing (and accurate) article......well worth a few minutes of your time .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/20/useful-fall-guy-a-preview-of-boris-johnsons-minister-ratings

193Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 11:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Never called black people piccaninnies with watermelon smiles then?

In a satirical article poking fun at the royal families perception of what they may he thinking landing in Africa he did use them terms yes.

194Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 12:18

Ah okay, so racist jokes aren’t racist? And to claim they are is a lie.

You’re deluding yourself.

195Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 13:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So race is not an issue one can joke about or make satirical observations about?

Christ you better tell the millions of comedians working today.

Bit different from the very real racism rife in the labour party under comrade corbinov.

196Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 13:42

You’ll need to explain to me why using a racial slur like ‘piccaninnies’ is funny?

Also used by Enoch Powell of course, another well known satirist.

197Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 13:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well satirical comedy is subjective. 

Was Enoch Powell intending to be funny when he used the term? 

I don't find it funny when Chris rock calls white people crackers but millions do. 

Lots of comedians use the term faggot and mock disability and learning difficulties, also religion. Have you watched much comedy?

198Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 16:40

I’ve never heard any white comedians reference black people as piccaninnies so I still don’t see what your point is or why that would be funny to anyone - other than other racists I suppose?

If David Lammy was to come out and refer to white people as crackers, you and the rest of the right would be up in arms (rightly so). So again, you’re not really proving anything here.

199Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 16:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It depends whether he was writing a satirical article. You obviously cannot seperate Boris the journo with Boris the politician.

200Next Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Wed Jan 22 2020, 16:51

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Also used by Enoch Powell of course, another well known satirist.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum