Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Labour leader

+10
Hipster_Nebula
sunlight
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
xmiles
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

161Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 11:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
okocha wrote:The only paper worth reading for a largely neutral stance devoid of lies, fabricated bilge, twisted fault-finding and sensationalism is the "i."

The Mail, Express, Times, Telegraph, Star, Sun, Mirror should not be allowed to trade as NEWSpapers at all. They are in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act and put two fingers up to the findings of the Leveson Enquiry and its recommendations. 

Grossly distorted versions of the news knowingly aim to sway the public for the benefit of their owners' profits, but do nothing for democracy:- the chance for the public to be able to make balanced decisions about who should govern is routinely ignored.

No one reads newspapers. Their circulation is tiny. They have zero influence. Left wing politicians just use them as an excuse to cover up their own failings.

Complete bollocks! The Mail and Sun sell well over a million copies every day and each copy is often read by more than one person.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiCgdLJ0oLnAhWHWhUIHe3SA2oQFjAAegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.statista.com%2Fstatistics%2F529060%2Fuk-newspaper-market-by-circulation%2F&usg=AOvVaw18sXAjLpdJJt7tFxR791qb

Yes, their circulation is tiny. As I just said. Thanks for backing up my point.

162Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
okocha wrote:The only paper worth reading for a largely neutral stance devoid of lies, fabricated bilge, twisted fault-finding and sensationalism is the "i."

The Mail, Express, Times, Telegraph, Star, Sun, Mirror should not be allowed to trade as NEWSpapers at all. They are in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act and put two fingers up to the findings of the Leveson Enquiry and its recommendations. 

Grossly distorted versions of the news knowingly aim to sway the public for the benefit of their owners' profits, but do nothing for democracy:- the chance for the public to be able to make balanced decisions about who should govern is routinely ignored.

No one reads newspapers. Their circulation is tiny. They have zero influence. Left wing politicians just use them as an excuse to cover up their own failings.

Complete bollocks! The Mail and Sun sell well over a million copies every day and each copy is often read by more than one person.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiCgdLJ0oLnAhWHWhUIHe3SA2oQFjAAegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.statista.com%2Fstatistics%2F529060%2Fuk-newspaper-market-by-circulation%2F&usg=AOvVaw18sXAjLpdJJt7tFxR791qb

Yes, their circulation is tiny. As I just said. Thanks for backing up my point.
Print runs are limited but their online presence is highly visible and they are picked up on by a host of newsfeed networks e.g. Newsnow that pump them into online searches etc.

163Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 15:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah but the influence is nil.

164Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 18:24

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pelf

165Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 20:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Of the 5 hoping to become the Party Leader, only one is fresh blood, and hopefully comes with fresh ideas. I'm hoping Lisa Nandy is the dark horse in this race. 
All the others are are badly tarnished by their past performances.

166Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 20:42

Surely any Labour MP is, to an extent, tarnished in your eyes, aren’t the party’s policies are the opposite of the views you hold?

167Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 20:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:Surely any Labour MP is, to an extent, tarnished in your eyes, aren’t the party’s policies are the opposite of the views you hold?
Of those seeking election, yes they are tarnished, because of their piss-poor performances. Supporting a leader and his ideas that they very quickly dumped once he had gone. Long Bailey being the only one who continued to support him, which may well be her downfall.
Otherwise, I'm not one of those people who vote for a Party regardless. As I said the other day, in support of one of your posts, some of what they are seeking ring a bell with me too. Nothing is black and white, nor is it red or blue.

168Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 21:12

Fair enough, I struggle to see how you can look at Boris’s record before this election and not consider him tarnished though. Let’s not go over old ground on that though.

169Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Tue Jan 14 2020, 21:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree, some of his shenanigans are pretty bad, but with regards Brexit, I think he's starting off on the right foot, and hopefully things will continue to go well.

170Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 16 2020, 07:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stunning poll by survation puts long bailey in the lead.

Good god I'm buzzing.

171Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 16 2020, 12:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just what us Tories want  Very Happy  Seems like the far-left are starting to pull the strings again.

172Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 16 2020, 14:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might be interesting to see what the media does with regard to her husband.

173Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 16 2020, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Momentum are officially backing the Long Bailey/Rayner ticket.

174Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 16 2020, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Keir might be the MPs pick but the vote will depend on members and according to a bloke on the radio since last year loads of people haven't renewed and loads more have joined so I'm guessing the result will depend on who those people are - returning middle of the roaders or more militants.

175Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 16 2020, 23:36

I’d be interested to know who this bloke on the radio was. I’ve been a member for 5 years, I’ve never been asked to renew - it just rolls on. So I seriously doubt there’s been a massive cancellation of membership over the last couple of months as you imply.

176Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 00:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:I’d be interested to know who this bloke on the radio was. I’ve been a member for 5 years, I’ve never been asked to renew - it just rolls on. So I seriously doubt there’s been a massive cancellation of membership over the last couple of months as you imply.
Not me - bloke on Radio - didn't note his name.
There are 3 types of membership one of which is "registered supporter" (approx 20% of total) who pay a one off fee for a short term membership. Used to be £3 but now it's £25 I believe.
Apparently unless full members pay by Direct Debit they have to renew annually and if you remember there was a rush to back Corbyn - thought to have been mainly registered supporters - so it's feasible.

177Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 06:42

Fair enough. I’m one of the rush of members who joined to back Corbyn at the time. As I would
again in that situation.

At the moment I’ve been most impressed with Lisa Nandy, worth watching her Andrew Neil interview from earlier this week. She came across very well.

178Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 09:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

According to the BBC this morning about 15,000 people have recently joined and this was described as a disappointment for Jess Phillips who has been encouraging people to join.

179Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 10:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
At the moment I’ve been most impressed with Lisa Nandy, worth watching her Andrew Neil interview from earlier this week. She came across very well.
She was impressive and I like her too, even though she's a pie-eater.

180Next Labour leader - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 17 2020, 10:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phillips is a total gobshite. 

If she gets in the labour movement will again be reduced to a boring class war protest movement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum