Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 11 2020, 23:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:"Mr Troy" was in the exact same place i was/am - questioning your occasional dubious logic which appears in the midst of a diatribe in response to every post you don't like or disagrees with you.
It's a problem because some people like to debate issues dare I say "intellectually" and generally speaking,  folk who debate things "intellectually" recognise that ideas are just what it says on the tin i.e. ideas and nothing more - which makes it permissible to put forward an idea - to see what folk think about it - without necessarily holding the viewpoint that the idea represents. Why? Because if you understand where other people are coming from, you can better understand your own opinion and why you hold it. It ain't a bad thing.
I think you takes things too personally. You have some very valid opinions and perspectives and sometimes they shine out even though you often bury them in lengthy tomes which occasionally are irrelevant and don't reinforce the point you are making but despite that, what you are trying to say is important and interesting - if only you'd present it differently - because a chat room for like-minded people, albeit from a range of backgrounds isn't a competition.
We all need to look at ourselves and decide whether or not we want a place where we can talk bullshit with people who may or may not be like us including folk offering a completely different perspective. Personally, I'm all for it as the folk on here are generally considerate, broad-minded and eager to learn about new shit. I've certainly learned a lot about slippers.
So I think you should unban TROY, try to understand TROY's perspective and communicate in an appropriate way - hoping that he will reciprocate the respect for your posts.
I'm not suggesting that we should all address each other in a Victorian manner (Sir! Perchance there is something amiss in the account you describe?) although a bit more respect for other folk's opinions - and their right to hold them wouldn't go amiss if we are to move on.
Do you really have to get upset with TROY's opinion? Agree to disagree problem solved and we won't lose another valued contributor to the tapestry of diverse opinion and interest appearing on these pages.
Thee speaketh wisely mine own cousin. I bethink we shouldst all take a leafeth out of thy booketh, and debate with kindly w'rds, and a smiling visage.
And at which hour our day is done, we can relaxeth in our slipp'rs, knowing we has't given of our most wondrous.

742How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 00:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:"Mr Troy" was in the exact same place i was/am - questioning your occasional dubious logic which appears in the midst of a diatribe in response to every post you don't like or disagrees with you.
It's a problem because some people like to debate issues dare I say "intellectually" and generally speaking,  folk who debate things "intellectually" recognise that ideas are just what it says on the tin i.e. ideas and nothing more - which makes it permissible to put forward an idea - to see what folk think about it - without necessarily holding the viewpoint that the idea represents. Why? Because if you understand where other people are coming from, you can better understand your own opinion and why you hold it. It ain't a bad thing.
I think you takes things too personally. You have some very valid opinions and perspectives and sometimes they shine out even though you often bury them in lengthy tomes which occasionally are irrelevant and don't reinforce the point you are making but despite that, what you are trying to say is important and interesting - if only you'd present it differently - because a chat room for like-minded people, albeit from a range of backgrounds isn't a competition.
We all need to look at ourselves and decide whether or not we want a place where we can talk bullshit with people who may or may not be like us including folk offering a completely different perspective. Personally, I'm all for it as the folk on here are generally considerate, broad-minded and eager to learn about new shit. I've certainly learned a lot about slippers.
So I think you should unban TROY, try to understand TROY's perspective and communicate in an appropriate way - hoping that he will reciprocate the respect for your posts.
I'm not suggesting that we should all address each other in a Victorian manner (Sir! Perchance there is something amiss in the account you describe?) although a bit more respect for other folk's opinions - and their right to hold them wouldn't go amiss if we are to move on.
Do you really have to get upset with TROY's opinion? Agree to disagree problem solved and we won't lose another valued contributor to the tapestry of diverse opinion and interest appearing on these pages.

Yet again...

I don't take things personally (although I've removed my name from your post - please don't do that again).

I don't get upset - it's the internet - although I'm not here to be abused.

I'm not competitive.

I don't do bullshit - I don't see any point to it.

I'm a bit of a cold fish and play a straight bat.

I'm extremely relaxed and tolerant, you would not even be on the site if I wasn't.

I don't tell lies.

I don't have favourites.

I don't hate anyone.

I like to reference things, it gives validity to what I say and can be referenced that I'm simply not making things up to 'make' my case.

I do have a sense of humour

I'm no different in real life than how I post on here.

I'm polite and respectful but I won't be taken as a fool.

I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong.

I'm not infallible but I do try to give the best answers I can based on facts and or personal experience.

I am happy with other people having a different opinion to me.

I've never got rich for being right on the internet.

My world has never crumbled when I've been wrong on the internet.

I'm fully aware that people have their own reasons for saying and doing what they do and that applies to the internet also - but sometimes that expands beyond anything they would do and say if they were there with you in real life.

I don't take abuse to heart.

I'm not fooled by flattery.

I don't argue for the sake of arguing.

I try to help and inform people where I can.

I know the difference between facts and theories.

I'm not hung up on politics, religion Brexit, Trump or anything else like that.

I'm kind to animals.

I am happy and have a good life.

Being on here helps me pass my time away and I enjoy it mostly.

That's just who I am.

As for 'intelligence' to which you reference a number of times in your post above, I'm intelligent enough not to brag about mine.

TROY loves to troll me, it's as simple as that.

You try at times too, I'm aware of that also.

Troy doesn't know when to stop, you tend to disappear when you know you are losing - you don't like to lose, I know that too.

At the end of the day I don't mind a bit of friction, it gives a bit of an 'edge' to the site, makes it a bit more interesting I think.

But things go too far and ruin the site for others.

TROY's ban stands.

He knew what he was doing, I knew what he was doing, the dialogue had come to an end where we had reached a general agreement but for some reason he doesn't like to move on?  He moved back to things we had already dealt with to our mutual satisfaction and by the time we reached his last post tonight we had gone back to the very beginning of everything again.  

Why?  

There is only one reason.

Please don't try to defend him, I think we all knew it was done deliberately to seek a response from me - or in other words blatant trolling.

I told him in a reply I knew what he was doing.

I told him directly I knew what he was doing

I gave him a final warning

I even gave him a final, final warning...

...but still he quite deliberately persisted.

Believe me he's not bothered about being banned, he was looking to be banned!

He want's some sort of martyrdom, to be the working class hero or something, he knows I'd only ban for a day or so anyway.

I don't even believe he'd be bothered if it was permanent, he generally only posts to get a little rise out of me or perhaps Glos sometimes.

I've put him down for a day ban, I'll probably lift in manually so he can post sooner but the point is I'm getting as sick of being trolled as I was of getting abuse.

It's got to stop.

And I'm being serious.

Oh and I'm a straight talker too and mean what I say.

743How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 08:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did post something calling out Sluffy yet again just now but deleted it as it gets me nowhere and he just doesn't see the damage he is doing to this site.

744How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 10:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apologies for mentioning your name *** - it was late, I was "tired" and it didn't cross my mind.
I still think that the points are relevant though and genuinely I think that you should consider a less draconian approach to people letting off steam/writing passionately. There is always the "ignore" option if you don't like what folk are saying.

745How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 11:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Apologies for mentioning your name *** - it was late, I was "tired" and it didn't cross my mind.
I still think that the points are relevant though and genuinely I think that you should consider a less draconian approach to people letting off steam/writing passionately. There is always the "ignore" option if you don't like what folk are saying.

I'll say it yet again - I don't mind people having a different opinion than mine, in fact it makes life more interesting to discuss than everybody agreeing with each other all the time, it should also make for a better forum where others can get involved too but we'd already reached that point but he didn't want to stop.

Yet again he went on to posting stuff to simply continue to argue for arguments sake, to try to wind people up, to 'bait'' to get a 'bite' - trolling 'I' said such and such - no I didn't, I inferred this wrongly from this post particular post of his - no I didn't, I was telling lies - no I wasn't.

He'd gone as far as he could with his opinion and had to agree broadly to what I was saying, so he switched his tack to me!

It's moved from the debate to being personal, to troll me deliberately for his own amusement and no doubt the amusement of one or two others.

It harms the site and frankly I'm sick of it, I'm not here to be played.

I've flagged this up for months now, just like I flagged things up for months/years about posting personal abuse at me.

If people want to play games, then fine, just do it somewhere else but here.

I can't be clearer than that.

746How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 11:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy nothing in TROY's responses to you in the last 2 pages of this thread have been abusive or personal.

747How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 11:36

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another day, another Tory cock-up that emphasises a complete lack of compassion:-for asylum seekers fleeing appalling conditions in their own countries; for our students and their future prospects.....the late-in-the-day change of "heart" on this issue is brought about simply by the public outcry and the fear that MPs would rebel. 
And look at the Home Office's response to Ben and Jerry's concerns for those risking their lives to cross the Channel....

748How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 11:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Sluffy nothing in TROY's responses to you in the last 2 pages of this thread have been abusive or personal.

Non abusive - several personal - BUT only after the real debate had drawn to an end - that's my point!

749How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 11:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Another day, another Tory cock-up that emphasises a complete lack of compassion:-for asylum seekers fleeing appalling conditions in their own countries; for our students and their future prospects.....the late-in-the-day change of "heart" on this issue is brought about simply by the public outcry and the fear that MPs would rebel. 
And look at the Home Office's response to Ben and Jerry's concerns for those risking their lives to cross the Channel....

They've already done that - they are in France already!

750How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, while you're here, I had an email this morning saying there was a pm for me on Nuts. When I logged in there was nothing there.
Does this happen often, or am I asking the wrong man?

751How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 12:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Sluffy, while you're here, I had an email this morning saying there was a pm for me on Nuts. When I logged in there was nothing there.
Just got this problem sorted. Sorry for the intrusion.  :like:

752How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Sluffy, while you're here, I had an email this morning saying there was a pm for me on Nuts. When I logged in there was nothing there.
I have an ongoing problem with the flashing "unread message" alert at the top of the page which continually says I have a message when I don't. 
I've tried selecting all then marking them as read but it remains.

753How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I have an ongoing problem with the flashing "unread message" alert at the top of the page which continually says I have a message when I don't. 
I've tried selecting all then marking them as read but it remains.
Turns out the sender decided not to bother me, and deleted his message after sending it. Very Happy

754How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 14:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My inbox is full, I'm scared to open them as I suspect they're all dick pics from KP.

755How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 14:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My inbox is full, I'm scared to open them as I suspect they're all dick pics from KP.
At least they'll only be stamp size.

756How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 15:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My inbox is full, I'm scared to open them as I suspect they're all dick pics from KP.
You said you liked my dick last time so thought I would send you some pics of it.

757How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 15:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry I've been for one of those 50% off lunches!

If I send you a pm, you will receive notification of such.

If after I sent it I change my mind and delete it before you read it - then you will have been notified you have one but when you look you haven't.

Maybe something like that happened?

758How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 16:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

If after I sent it I change my mind and delete it before you read it - then you will have been notified you have one but when you look you haven't.

That is what happened Sluffy. I checked with the poster. But thanks for the explanation. I'd no idea you could delete them before they're read.

759How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 16:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

That is what happened Sluffy. I checked with the poster. But thanks for the explanation. I'd no idea you could delete them before they're read.

When you send your pm it goes in the 'Outbox' - look for it as a header above where you do your pm's.

When someone reads it, it shows in your 'Sentbox' - so basically you can tell someone has seen what you've sent.

Whilst it sits in the Outbox you can amend or delete your message if you need to.

760How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 12 2020, 16:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And don't forget that Sluffy vets them all before they are delivered  :ninja:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum