Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 50]

761Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 15:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:My son has just rang me and said he was the only kid in school today! How bad do i feel right now?  Crying or Very sad

How bad does he feel?

762Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 16:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Norpig wrote:My son has just rang me and said he was the only kid in school today! How bad do i feel right now?  Crying or Very sad

How bad does he feel?
 He seemed ok as he knows we don't have much option as we are both NHS workers but i did feel bad for him. Hopefully it's a one-off and there may be a few more tomorrow.

763Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 17:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad you are all ok now Norpig.

Stay safe and good luck to you both!

764Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 22:14

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:
xmiles wrote:

How bad does he feel?
 He seemed ok as he knows we don't have much option as we are both NHS workers but i did feel bad for him. Hopefully it's a one-off and there may be a few more tomorrow.
Hows the PPE situation at your place of work mr pig

Ive been doing a PPE drive and sent email out to all my customers to say I will pick up any spare PPE to donate to the NHS.  

Still waiting to hear back from the only 2 who messaged back.  Ive got about 40 ffp3 masks and some gloves and aprons I will be donating myself but wanted to try and get more.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Flyerm13

765Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 22:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An extremely nice thing to do that Johnny. Smile

766Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 22:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the daily updates we get it keeps saying PPE has been ordered and should be available but every little helps and it's a great gesture Johnny  :clap:

767Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 22:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well done Johnny.

:clap:

I don't know if you want/able to publicise this wider then we'd be more than happy to re-tweet your offer - maybe even get Iles/the BN interested enough to get something in the paper perhaps?

Hope it goes well for you and the NHS whichever way you want to take it.

768Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 22:47

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well I'm testing two doctors on Friday who work at the MRI.  Doing it for free of course.  Trying to sort out this furlough nonsense so hopefully I'll be able to do more for free.

The amount of people ive seen trying to profit from this makes me sick.  I'll be honest, if we cant furlough (there is 3 of us) I'm not sure if we will have a business to go back to if it goes on too long.  Think we are okay for 3 months, but after that it will be a fire sale to try and keep our heads above water.

769Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 22:50

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Well done Johnny.

:clap:

I don't know if you want/able to publicise this wider then we'd be more than happy to re-tweet your offer - maybe even get Iles/the BN interested enough to get something in the paper perhaps?

Hope it goes well for you and the NHS whichever way you want to take it.
Thanks sluffy, I have put it on twitter/Instagram and Facebook already. Had a few retweets/shares etc, just hope people see it as a genuine thing.  Like I said above, theres been a lot of posts and stories about greedy people profiting from this, it's hard to tell from a random post/tweet that something is genuine.

770Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 23:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Thanks sluffy, I have put it on twitter/Instagram and Facebook already. Had a few retweets/shares etc, just hope people see it as a genuine thing.  Like I said above, theres been a lot of posts and stories about greedy people profiting from this, it's hard to tell from a random post/tweet that something is genuine.

Done - hope it helps -

771Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 23:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Premier League clubs in 'moral vacuum' and players should sacrifice salary - politicians

Premier League clubs are living in a "moral vacuum" and players should be first to sacrifice salaries during the coronavirus pandemic, say politicians.

Julian Knight, the chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport committee, has condemned the actions of some Premier League clubs, who have furloughed non-playing staff.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich have opted to utilise the government's job retention scheme.

"It sticks in the throat," said Knight.

"This exposes the crazy economics in English football and the moral vacuum at its centre."

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578

772Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 23:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read earlier that the Bournemouth manager has taken a pay cut so hopefully it should at least start a trend.

773Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 01 2020, 23:58

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Done - hope it helps -

Awesome, cheers Sluffy!!!

774Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 00:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I read earlier that the Bournemouth manager has taken a pay cut so hopefully it should at least start a trend.

There's a few decent people about and I'm sure some will do the right thing - unfortunately though I expect most won't - just look at Wheater etc, striking for their wages (which they knew full well they would get in the end) when the club was broke and staff were having to go to foodbanks to eat,

Why didn't the millionaire Wheater dip in his pocket and do the right thing rather than getting pissed up down the pub again?

I'm alright Jack - fuck you, attitude - just like the hoarders had recently.

As the article says the PL are aware of the bad publicity this could bring and will do some sort of PR job and donations to NHS or some sort but bottom line will be that very, very few of the pampered millionaires will be taking a financial hit if they can possibly help it.

No one gave a fuck about Bury when a small whip-round from them, or a donation from the PL, could have saved them. 

Not one of our millionaires such SKD put his hand in their pockets to help out the 'Bolton family' they worked alongside for years.

Compare that with Sharron and Emma's concern for the staff now!

I guess they've be brought up in an environment where they've grown use to be entitled and privileged unlike the rest of us?

775Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 08:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Premier League clubs in 'moral vacuum' and players should sacrifice salary - politicians

Premier League clubs are living in a "moral vacuum" and players should be first to sacrifice salaries during the coronavirus pandemic, say politicians.

Julian Knight, the chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport committee, has condemned the actions of some Premier League clubs, who have furloughed non-playing staff.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich have opted to utilise the government's job retention scheme.

"It sticks in the throat," said Knight.

"This exposes the crazy economics in English football and the moral vacuum at its centre."

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578
Well done Johnny and thanks for highlighting this, Sluffy.

Julian Knight is spot on about the moral vacuum.

Aggressive and artificial forms of tax avoidance (referred to elsewhere) are another example of the moral vacuum.

776Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 08:51

Sluffy wrote:There's a few decent people about and I'm sure some will do the right thing - unfortunately though I expect most won't - just look at Wheater etc, striking for their wages (which they knew full well they would get in the end) when the club was broke and staff were having to go to foodbanks to eat,

Why didn't the millionaire Wheater dip in his pocket and do the right thing rather than getting pissed up down the pub again?

Why can't you and nutjob grasp that this is bigger than your football prejudices and put away your pathetic point scoring until this thing has been beaten?

777Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 08:52

y2johnny wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Done - hope it helps -

Awesome, cheers Sluffy!!!

Great gesture Johnny,  :clap:.

778Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 09:31

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Thanks Troy and Tenbob, let's be honest I shouldn't have to be doing it, but my mrs' mate is working in the new icu at Salford royal and they have very limited PPE.

After all this is done, the NHS or the government will seriously have to look at their procurement procedure and suppliers.  I know it was just one company supplying the PPE and face fit to the NHS and they was charging them a fortune, 18k for a machine I paid 8k for, 4 pound per mask for masks that costs pennies to make and they are shit to boot, plus they had the monopoly on the training and face fit testing which I'm guessing wasnt cheap either.  

Fingers crossed, if there is anything positive to come from all of this it is the huge respect and aftercare that those in the frontline and key workers deserve will get.  From the cleaners, posties, nurses, doctors, EVERYONE!

That's my hope!

779Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 09:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:There's a few decent people about and I'm sure some will do the right thing - unfortunately though I expect most won't - just look at Wheater etc, striking for their wages (which they knew full well they would get in the end) when the club was broke and staff were having to go to foodbanks to eat,

Why can't you and nutjob grasp that this is bigger than your football prejudices and put away your pathetic point scoring until this thing has been beaten?

Put away your fishing rod.

I've asked you countless times not to start arguments on THIS particular thread but it seems you can't accept this straightforward, unambiguous and poignant request.

Leave your issues/point scoring with me OFF here.

Read Cajun and Johnny's posts above - that's what this thread is about not you or the other nutjob wanting to piss all over it for your own amusement, self-gratification.

I can't make it any clearer or simpler to you.

If you can't accept that like everyone else is, then go post some place else.

780Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Apr 02 2020, 10:17

y2johnny wrote:Thanks Troy and Tenbob, let's be honest I shouldn't have to be doing it, but my mrs' mate is working in the new icu at Salford royal and they have very limited PPE.

After all this is done, the NHS or the government will seriously have to look at their procurement procedure and suppliers.  I know it was just one company supplying the PPE and face fit to the NHS and they was charging them a fortune, 18k for a machine I paid 8k for, 4 pound per mask for masks that costs pennies to make and they are shit to boot, plus they had the monopoly on the training and face fit testing which I'm guessing wasnt cheap either.  

Fingers crossed, if there is anything positive to come from all of this it is the huge respect and aftercare that those in the frontline and key workers deserve will get.  From the cleaners, posties, nurses, doctors, EVERYONE!

That's my hope!

Ye agreed Johnny - hopefully society/the government will now start to respect (and pay properly) so called unskilled workers and our public services in general.

Im sure a lot is going to change from this, hopefully some things for the better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum