Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cricket's back!

+8
Growler
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Norpig
Hip Priest
gloswhite
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

101Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Mon Jun 13 2022, 17:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There may be some life in the game yet. NZ 4 wickets down with a lead approaching 200 in the third innings - but at least England are attacking trying to get them out for an achievable score. I suspect time is against them unless they pull something out of the bag.

102Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Mon Jun 13 2022, 23:48

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Free entry tomorrow with a thrilling finish in prospect. I'm treating myself to some of that.

103Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Tue Jun 14 2022, 12:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NZ all out now and England need 299 to win in 2 and a bit sessions as just over 4 runs an over. Should be an interesting afternoon!

104Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Tue Jun 14 2022, 12:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1st wicket for 12

105Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Tue Jun 14 2022, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wow!!!

Hope you did go Hip Priest, it must have been an incredible day for you!

Hope you didn't decide to leave early when they went off for tea!!!

Very Happy

106Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Tue Jun 14 2022, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the most entertaining afternoons of cricket I've ever seen. Fantastic!

107Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Wed Jun 15 2022, 02:52

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I did indeed go Sluff. Best day watching Test cricket I've ever had. Even young Doffy was won over and he couldn't give a shit about cricket usually. He was really just along for the free ride and some sunbathing. Despite being a Yorkie I've always loved Johnny Bairstow and to see him play like that gladdened my heart. I was absolutely chuffed to bits for him. I'm not a religious kind of bloke but I really hope his dad saw that awesome innings today.

108Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Wed Jun 15 2022, 06:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:I've always loved Johnny Bairstow and to see him play like that gladdened my heart. I was absolutely chuffed to bits for him. I'm not a religious kind of bloke but I really hope his dad saw that awesome innings today.

Same here, HP. It's always great when someone with obvious natural talent proves the negative, fault-finding pundits wrong. Michael Vaughan springs to mind as someone who damages morale for the sake of  attention-grabbing headlines.

Buttler is another player with massive ability who gets sniped at with no consideration for the exhausting demands of keeping wicket all day, often in roasting temperatures, and then, straight after, is expected to open the batting with energy and focus intact. He is the only other cricketer who could have played as Bairstow did yesterday but he needs his multiple roles to be carefully managed to get the best out of him.

Glad you had a great day, Hip.......you lucky bugger!

109Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Wed Jun 15 2022, 09:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did see a Bolton shirt on the highlights last night, was that you HP?

110Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Wed Jun 15 2022, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If anyone is interested Lancashire is in a run chase now, chasing 50 runs with 11 overs to go but have lost 5 wickets so far!

Watch here -

111Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Wed Jun 15 2022, 18:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lancs chased down the 329 runs required and ended up winning by 4 wickets (Luke Wells 175 not out).

Oh Lanky, Lanky.....

112Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Wed Jun 15 2022, 19:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

113Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Thu Jun 16 2022, 01:18

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:I did see a Bolton shirt on the highlights last night, was that you HP?
I wish I could say it was Norpig but it's many, many moons ago since I could fit into one of those modern tight fitting football tops without major overspill problems.   Very Happy

114Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Thu Jun 16 2022, 01:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:
I wish I could say it was Norpig but it's many, many moons ago since I could fit into one of those modern tight fitting football tops without major overspill problems.   Very Happy
So was it you in the Teletubbies costume then mate? Smile

115Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Fri Jun 17 2022, 01:52

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
So was it you in the Teletubbies costume then mate? Smile

That's it. Kick a man while he's down why don't you Lusty.   Sad

Intermittent Fasting / Time Restricted Eating / Ketogenic Diet Version 24.0 all start simultaneously 1st thing Monday morning. 

Or maybe the Monday after that......    Very Happy

116Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Fri Jun 17 2022, 02:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:

That's it. Kick a man while he's down why don't you Lusty.   Sad

Intermittent Fasting / Time Restricted Eating / Ketogenic Diet Version 24.0 all start simultaneously 1st thing Monday morning. 

Or maybe the Monday after that......    Very Happy
Smile
Planning ahead is a good thing....

Cricket's back! - Page 6 285642523_10227524439606958_1593315059115565825_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=i_4zkNbR-w0AX-BZz3w&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

117Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Fri Jun 17 2022, 15:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Netherlands v England today (50 over game)

In England's world record 498-4, Jos Buttler finished unbeaten on 162 from 70 balls with seven fours and 14 sixes. FOURTEEN.

Buttler now has the top three fastest ODI tons for England.

At the other end, Liam Livingstone finished with 66 not out from 22 balls, smashing England's fastest ever ODI half-century from 17 balls - just one ball more than AB de Villiers' world record.

There were two other hundreds in that innings too, Phil Salt making 122 from 93 balls for his maiden ODI ton and Dawid Malan adding a casual 125 from 109.

And yet Jos Buttler stole the limelight from both.

But perhaps my favourite part of the scorecard is Eoin Morgan's first baller and Jason Roy's one from seven balls. Amazing.

So Matthew Mott's last two coaching roles have been Australia's women and now England men's white-ball teams.

I'm no coach myself but I think it's safe to say those are two of the easier gigs to get. Total world domination from both, pretty much.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58748562/page/2

Note the three Lancashire players!!!

Oh Lanky, Lanky...

118Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Thu Jun 23 2022, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems Norpig is at the cricket today...

12 overs
NZ 35-1
Jamie Overton continues to go short again and Will Young grabs three with a slightly miss-times pull into the onside that is chased down by Stuart Broad, whose floppy hat flies into the air mid-run.

The atmosphere is building in the Western Terrace with plenty of fancy dress on show - including a large group dressed in butcher's aprons surrounding one guy in a bright pink pig outfit.

Expect that pig to take off and be chased by the butchers up and down the stands this afternoon.

This isn't my first rodeo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58516709/page/2

119Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Thu Jun 23 2022, 12:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish! Stuck at work in a job i truly despise now  Crying or Very sad

120Cricket's back! - Page 6 Empty Re: Cricket's back! Thu Jun 23 2022, 12:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I wish! Stuck at work in a job i truly despise now  Crying or Very sad

Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than having to go into work everyday when you can't stand it for whatever reason.

Any chance of things getting better for you or an opening somewhere else that would be a change for you?

As for the pig and the butchers - reminds me how you lot always got on my tail every time I called Wanderlust out!

We got there in the end though!

So remember - every pig has their day - and you will too in respect of your job - light at the end of the tunnel and all that!

pig

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum