Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41 ... 55  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 55]

541How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 13:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:They are All tosser. Period!
Spot on Karly, you really can’t trust any of them. Boris didn’t just lie on Covid, he lied through his teeth on Brexit and thus to those who voted for him in 2019. His immediate switch from doubter to net zero maniac is also a subject of much angst against true Tory’s. Unfortunately when this disgraceful Tory government is replaced with an equally incompetent and disingenuous Labour one, things will only continue to deteriorate. 🥴

542How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 14:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Remind me, Monsieur Pig, what excuse did public school educated,Tony Blair, plead to justify the war in Iraq?
Tont Blair did an awful lot of good when he was in charge, can't think of one thing BoJo got right.

543How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 15:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Blair led the sorely-needed regeneration of many of our neglected cities, took positive steps to make blood-sports illegal, banned smoking in public for the sake of the nation's health, and gave sound christian, conscience-led reasons, not excuses, for action in Iraq, which all other UK parties supported at the time, in line with the USA's  judgements.

544How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 16:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boris' housemaster at Eton nailed the soundrel's failings way back in 1982!
How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 DzIddMcWwAwuMVW?format=jpg&name=small

545How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 16:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

546How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 18:23

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for that Bonce.

Great stuff.

547How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 22:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Remind me, Monsieur Pig, what excuse did public school educated,Tony Blair, plead to justify the war in Iraq?
Tony Blair did an awful lot of good when he was in charge, can't think of one thing BoJo got right.

I can...

....resigning with immediate effect!

Very Happy

548How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jun 15 2023, 23:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I can...

....resigning with immediate effect!

Very Happy
I'll give you that one Sluffy  Very Happy

549How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Sluffy, the reason you can’t provide any evidence that children can transmit Covid is precisely because there isn’t any. That’s the FACT so unless you can prove the facts wrong it’s over to you.

On Climate change I’ve never doubted it’s happening, it’s happened for millions of years since the planet formed. During that time though it’s a FACT that the world has experienced very hot and very cold periods along with increasing and decreasing levels of greenhouse gases. What I do accept is that current lets of greenhouse gases are historically high and I don’t question the fact that humans must play some part in that but I believe both the effects and the reaction to it to be massively over exaggerated by some scientists. When the media quote this 97% of scientists agree malarkey they forget to include that this was in fact the percentage the one third of scientists questioned in total. It’s this kind of thoroughly misleading and disingenuous claiming that annoys me because they’re attempting to brainwash people and especially our children.

As far as which media I frequent, I listen to all channels but that again is why I disbelieve much of the MSM because their stories are highly selective, as are the voices they choose to listen to. Covid is the most perfect example of this where anybody with a different view to government was not only not reported and physically banned but criticised as nut cases and zealots despite many of them being world leading oncologists and paediatricians. We are now finding that they were right all along and it was in fact Sage who were misleading resulting in the damaged society we are now all suffering.

I don’t do social media because like you I mistrust virtually all of it and I limit myself to discussions on forums like this where I can converse with intelligent individuals like yourself Sluffy and that’s not being patronising, I genuinely mean it. Yes we have many different views but I don’t think I’ve ever inferred that you are other than honest in those and what you genuinely believe and all I would ask is that you act the same way.

Thanks for your reply and apologies for my late response, I been out for most of the day.

I did ask you to provide some facts to back up your belief's and of course you didn't - as there simply isn't any!

Don't you find it somewhat ironic that you rubbish the widely held scientific views of the things I've mention above on the basis that there is no factual evidence of them - whilst you yourself having zero factual evidence to support your own beliefs, - which quite frankly are considered by many to be extreme?

Look at it this way, neither of us are scientists but ALL the worlds leading scientists and institutions in every country believe that the global warming we are experience is man made.

They cant all be wrong?

I'm not a betting man but if it comes down to the 'world' saying it is and you saying it isn't, I know which side I'd put my 10p on!

And it isn't you!

There's simply no arguing with you, you seem to agree with all the right wing Libertine propaganda - financed by fossil fuel giant companies and states who produce the fossil fuels.

Going off at somewhat of a tangent, I watched this programme a couple of weeks ago that sorts of fits what is happening in respect of man made global warming but on a much smaller scale.

Basically in South Africa the country is wonderfully placed to make use of free green energy - solar panels and wind turbines - but they still burn fossil fuels (coal) because of political corruption and local gangsters getting rich from continuing to mine the coal coal.

Ok not the most fascinating thing to watch but it is only 20 minutes long (I like stuff like this of course!).

The theme of what is happening in the world is that big corporations and fossil fuel producing countries have too much to lose if the world went green (to save the planet remember!) so they use their power and wealth to rubbish that global warming is due to using oil and coal and 'buy' politicians and scientists to put up a strong argument against it.

They, and the politicians and scientists aren't worried what will happen in 50 or 100 years in the future because they will all be dead by then - so want their money now!

You accepting or not what I say won't change anything but it might just make you begin to think that perhaps there is another side to what is going on and why that is?

Anyway here's the link and if you can spare 20 minutes it might open your eyes to what is going on in the richest country in Africa - and why it is!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001mhyf/our-world-south-africa-on-the-edge-of-darkness

550How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 00:42

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As regards Boris, he’s finally got to the end of that long road he’s been kicking those cans down for the last 3 years. He finally had to face the music and got well and truly NAILED.
 I was convinced he was going to eventually get away with it so today has been well worth waiting for.
Fantastic stuff and the icing on the cake was watching him tantrum, throw his toys out the pram and blame absolutely everyone but himself. Very Happy:D

551How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 12:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No point continuing on this Sluffy, you keep believing what you want and I’ll do the same.

552How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 12:50

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:As regards Boris, he’s finally got to the end of that long road he’s been kicking those cans down for the last 3 years. He finally had to face the music and got well and truly NAILED.
 I was convinced he was going to eventually get away with it so today has been well worth waiting for.
Fantastic stuff and the icing on the cake was watching him tantrum, throw his toys out the pram and blame absolutely everyone but himself. Very Happy:D

Sadly I have to agree HP and whilst I do accept the accusations against him I do also believe that he’s been over harshly treated when you compare what he did to others doing far worse. There’s no defence for what he did, he lied to both the public and Parliament and should rightly have paid for it but I think it has all been a bit OTT.

Anyway he’s out now and until the Boris support group accept that even staunch BoJo supporters like I was have now finally had to agree that his time is up damage will be done. It seems that their main goal now is to trash the Tory party which will gift power to Labour next time round and undermine any hopes Rishi had of improving things. As you say he’s just throwing his toys out and refusing to accept any of the blame for what he did. 

Its sad really when you think that all he had to do in the beginning was accept the facts, apologise profoundly for bad judgement and clean out those behind him who accelerated the culture that caused the mess. Had he done that I’m sure he’d have still been PM and Labour would have had to work for their position. Then again, he’d probably have still found a way to self destruct??

553How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 13:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:No point continuing on this Sluffy, you keep believing what you want and I’ll do the same.

I still think you should watch the BBC video.

It is simply reporting on real live events in South Africa (the richest country in Africa!) and how government corruption and local war lords are are preventing the development of easily obtainable green energy which the country has even received international grants to build.

That is the real world we live in.

It's only 20 minutes long, and you say above you have an open mind.

Are you sure you have because I doubt very much that!

The video is interesting even if you poo-pooh it after watching it, as I'm sure you will.

It involves murder attempts, poisoning, company managers wearing body armour and a quite clearly dodgy as fuck cabinet minister!

It's a sort of mini 'Die Hard' movie!

554How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 15:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Pot Kettle Black.

555How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 16:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of the Johnson fanboys are in danger of turning into the MAGA mob that follow Trump about.
They're losing touch with reality.
Sluffy's right when it comes to facts. They're what you hang your hat on. You can't make up alternative facts because it suits your narrative.
I've been guilty of it myself. During the Anderson years I've scrolled past many a positive story in order to find the one negative story that I could tuck into my portfolio for later use.
I was happy to dismiss Sluffy's opposing facts, and toss them into the fake news bin. It's so easy, so tempting, and you can see it writ large across the pond with MAGA.
I didn't like Anderson. I didn't like his history. I turned that into not giving him a fair shake.
I think Johnson has had a fair shake.

556How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:Pot Kettle Black.

Eh???

If you are talking to me(?) then all I'm saying is have a look at a 20 minute video from the BBC on what is currently happening in South Africa as they attempt to move away from fossil fuel to green energy to help stop the global warming that everybody accepts is happening.

If you don't want to, then fine.

If you watch it and think it's rubbish, you've wasted your 20 minutes.

However if you watch it, it might just make you think a bit as to how the world doesn't always act in the way perhaps it really should.

None of us on here are likely to be around when the shit really hits the fan because of ongoing global warming but those of us with kids, they might be and their kids (your grandkids) definitely will be.

557How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 16:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

IMG-0739

Laughing

558How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 16:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Some of the Johnson fanboys are in danger of turning into the MAGA mob that follow Trump about.
They're losing touch with reality.
Sluffy's right when it comes to facts. They're what you hang your hat on. You can't make up alternative facts because it suits your narrative.
I've been guilty of it myself. During the Anderson years I've scrolled past many a positive story in order to find the one negative story that I could tuck into my portfolio for later use.
I was happy to dismiss Sluffy's opposing facts, and toss them into the fake news bin. It's so easy, so tempting, and you can see it writ large across the pond with MAGA.
I didn't like Anderson. I didn't like his history. I turned that into not giving him a fair shake.
I think Johnson has had a fair shake.

Thanks Bonce, I somehow think there is in there some form of apology to me in the grief you gave me back in those days.

(Fwiw I wasn't wrong about the Supporters Trust either!).

Johnson was the country's MP and deliberately and constantly lied.

You simply cannot allow that - in completely undermines the credibility of having a Parliament - you might just as well have a dictator like Putin and Xi.

The thing that I was trying to get across to W63, although I know he is not listening, is that Boris - and more in particular the ones behind him, Rabb, Truss, etc - ARE exactly like Trump and his MAGA Republicans because they all follow the same Left wing Libertinism - which in its simplest terms is to get rid of government altogether and the rich 'oligarchs' basically run the country instead with Putin, Xi, Trump, Boris being all powerful.

Rabb Truss etc have crossed the Atlantic many times to attended Right wing Libertinism meetings and in more recent years been guest speakers of them.

They - Trump, the current Republican Party, Rabb, Truss, Kwarteng, all believe in the ideology  and you can even see parallels between the USA and Boris group - such as how Liz Cheney was hounded out of office for speaking against Trump and Dorries stating yesterday that anyone voting against Boris when discussing the inquiry's findings will be de-selected.

I know what I've been saying sounds far fetched but it really is what is happening in the same way Militant tried to take over the Labour Party in Kinnock's day.

I'm not sure myself Boris is such a big Libertinism himself, I tend to think it was more a marriage of convenience for him to use them to get into power and them to use him to push through their polices once he was.  

Clearly he didn't push their polices too hard when be became PM as evidenced in  how Truss did with her mini budget at the very first opportunity.

I tend to think Truss Rees Mogg and the ones that are left have now have lost their power base and the support for Boris has now come to  an end.

Hope so anyway.

559How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 16 2023, 17:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bojo’s first article…

IMG-0750

Laughing

560How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Jun 17 2023, 16:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Eh???

If you are talking to me(?) then all I'm saying is have a look at a 20 minute video from the BBC on what is currently happening in South Africa as they attempt to move away from fossil fuel to green energy to help stop the global warming that everybody accepts is happening.

If you don't want to, then fine.

If you watch it and think it's rubbish, you've wasted your 20 minutes.

However if you watch it, it might just make you think a bit as to how the world doesn't always act in the way perhaps it really should.

None of us on here are likely to be around when the shit really hits the fan because of ongoing global warming but those of us with kids, they might be and their kids (your grandkids) definitely will be.

Sluffy, you’re at it again! We can’t STOP global warming, nobody can, yet you keep insisting that scientists believe we can. Even if you accept that reducing the use of fossil fuels to produce energy will help, it isn’t anywhere near enough to prevent what is naturally occurring. I don’t need to watch the BBC video, not because I have a closed mind but because I believe you and it isn’t just Africa is it? 

I have kids and grandkids and whilst I’d love them to have the FACTS on the whole global warming subject I’m sad to say that all they are being fed is the one sided view that we adults ourselves are being bludgeoned with. Our Universities are the same and not just on Global warming but many other subjects without any counter view being allowed. It’s called brainwashing and it’s going on right now under your nose. I genuinely fear for my grandkids, not because of global warming or something they can’t actually change but because of the mixed up cesspit of a world that we’re leaving them To deal with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 55]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41 ... 55  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum