Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It?

+9
Sgt. Bash
Quent
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do you make of gay marriage? Is it something you are comfortable with, perhaps you are planning to marry your gay lover?

Or do you find the prospect of two gays marrying a disgrace?

Have you ever been to a "civil union" between two gays? I have, it was absolutely hilarious. It really was full of butch women in dungarees.

2Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:12

I suspect most of Bolton are very happy about this.

3Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I don't agree with gay marriages being held in church. I have no problem with gay people wishing to show their commitment to one another and that is what civil partnerships are for.

To me, a Church wedding should be between a man and a woman being joined together in holy matrimony.

There is no reason why homosexuals or lesbians cannot have a gay old time at a civil partnership but If I was a practising Christian I wouldn't feel comfortable with gay marriages being held in church.

4Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Comfortable with the idea, and do know someone, who now works for the Met, who had a civil union with her girlfriend and from what I can gather they are looking to getting married and have their daughter as bridesmaid!!!

Is it really a terrible notion for 2 people who want to commit to each other to get married no matter whether its a "straight" relationship or a "homosexual" relationship???

Don't forget taht in the early years of the Catholic Church they allowed gay marriages just as much as allowing priests to marry, but it was only during the Medieval Times that both were outlawed by the Papal Synod (sp).

5Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton Hater wrote:I suspect most of Bolton are very happy about this.

When they start allowing brothers and sisters to get married they'll be having street parties in Blackburn.

6Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Comfortable with the idea, and do know someone, who now works for the Met, who had a civil union with her girlfriend and from what I can gather they are looking to getting married and have their daughter as bridesmaid!!!

Is it really a terrible notion for 2 people who want to commit to each other to get married no matter whether its a "straight" relationship or a "homosexual" relationship???

Don't forget taht in the early years of the Catholic Church they allowed gay marriages just as much as allowing priests to marry, but it was only during the Medieval Times that both were outlawed by the Papal Synod (sp).

But a church is God's place, and he banned gay marriage. Let gays get married down the Dog and Duck.

7Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats with the sudden influx of gay bashing threads nat? Did a gay person hit you in their Ford Ka?

8Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 13:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Cameron has made it quite clear that it is an individual matter for vicars as to whether they allow gay marriages to take place in their own churches.

He has also said that under no circumstances must any members of the clergy be put under pressure to host such marriages.

God fearing Christians have rights too.

9Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 14:11

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It shouldn't be aloud, No

10Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Whats with the sudden influx of gay bashing threads nat? Did a gay person hit you in their Ford Ka?

Where's the gay bashing? I simply asked the Nuts members a question.

11Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 14:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the other 'gay' thread engendered a bit of gay bashing.

12Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 15:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think the other 'gay' thread engendered a bit of gay bashing.

Not at all, it was ban gay sex or let the human race die out.

13Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 15:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No you're right it was a well reasoned debate.

14Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No you're right it was a well reasoned debate.

There was a good point to be made which, as usual, people ignored because they don't think it will happen to them.

15Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lets not forget that Homosexuality was only made illegal by Queen Victoria, and that was only for men. Lesbianism has never been illegal as Victoria thought it was a myth!!!

Even in the Roman Empire and for a few centuries after Marriage between 2 men or 2 women were allowed and there was no labelling of people. It was just a case of asking, "Do you prefere cock or cunt?" Can you imagine someone using that as a chat-up line nowadays!

affraid

16Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Lets not forget that Homosexuality was only made illegal by Queen Victoria, and that was only for men. Lesbianism has never been illegal as Victoria thought it was a myth!!!

Even in the Roman Empire and for a few centuries after Marriage between 2 men or 2 women were allowed and there was no labelling of people. It was just a case of asking, "Do you prefere cock or cunt?" Can you imagine someone using that as a chat-up line nowadays!

affraid

You seem well clued up on the history of homosexuality.

17Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:33

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He does 'hang out' in the gay capital of Europe so is bound to know his stuff about gays.

18Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just watch a lot of documenaties about many subjects - its how one learn about the world and actually becomes aware of every little lthing that happens both locally and internationally - its what known as being a whole knowledgable person.

BDP, I think you will find that there are more homosexuals in Greater Manchester, which Bolton iss part of, than what there is in the whole Amsterdam!!!

19Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:BDP, I think you will find that there are more homosexuals in Greater Manchester, which Bolton iss part of, than what there is in the whole Amsterdam!!!

You obviously know more than me on this subject so I'll take your word for it.

20Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

BDP, I think you will find that there are more homosexuals in Greater Manchester, which Bolton is part of, than what there is in the whole Amsterdam!!!

Have you been researching this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum