Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It?

+9
Sgt. Bash
Quent
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see why "christian" churches should be forced to do things they don't wish to do.

I don't know why a gay couple would want to marry in a church anyway quite frankly.

I don't agree with people practicing homophobia under the guise of "religion" though.

If i went on telly and said "I'm against gays" I'd be cut off and boo'd. If i went on and said "I'm against gays, because I'm Christian" I'd be respectfully treated.

62Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If i went on telly and said "I'm against gays" I'd be cut off and boo'd. If i went on and said "I'm against gays, because I'm Christian" I'd be respectfully treated.

When are you on telly, I want to Sky+ it?

63Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't see why "christian" churches should be forced to do things they don't wish to do.

They are not being forced to. What is actually happening is that there is motion where homosexuals can get married, rather than just having a civil partnership. In fact the marriage laws are for stronger than civil partnerships, so if one of the partners died the other will have the exact same rights as astright married couple - at thsi moment, they don't! The government has already stated that they will not force Church to accept the marriages but will rely upon the vicar/priest/cannnon/bishops to decide - basically Church by Church choice. Also if you read today's BN there is already a Church in Bolton accepting it! Its just the same lame excuses being used for when female vicars first came along and then same sex partnerships - people get used to them and accept them as part of the norm in the long run!!!

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't know why a gay couple would want to marry in a church anyway quite frankly.

Because they are religious as well as being together? Why would a straight couple want to marry in church - if anything just the exact same reasonings!

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't agree with people practicing homophobia under the guise of "religion" though.

Ditto - and most clammering against it at this moment in time are just doing that, as theycannot see beyond their gatepost. People are people at the end of the day no matter what colour or sexuality as they are pre-conditioned before birth but culture, such as phobias, hatred and religion are conditioned by people around after birth.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If i went on telly and said "I'm against gays" I'd be cut off and boo'd. If i went on and said "I'm against gays, because I'm Christian" I'd be respectfully treated.

Maybe or maybe not all depends on the programme itself, to what was being said and the "hostility" of the audience.

64Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But thats my point Chris, Why would a gay couple practice a religion that hates them?

It's a bit like a black person wanting to join the KKK.

65Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But thats my point Chris, Why would a gay couple practice a religion that hates them?

It's a bit like a black person wanting to join the KKK.

Stranger things do happen such as Natasha turning out to be a bloke called Nick Green who lives in Morecambe and is a mobile phone sales person - who knows!!!! affraid

Don't forget that they have been culturally indoctrinated by people around them to be of a religious nature and belives that their religion (although currently condemns the non-normality) gives them their belief and strength.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Tue Dec 11 2012, 16:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected the spelling fo Morecambe - actaully not done intentionally as laptop is slower than my typing at moment - ever since it crashed last week.)

66Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:27

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughing

67Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would a bloke be called "natasha whittam" seems unlikely.

68Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It does annoy me that people can't spell Morecambe.

69Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 16:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:But a church is God's place, and he banned gay marriage. Let gays get married down the Dog and Duck.

I agree with the above statement. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Therefore Christianity does not condone homosexuality. If homosexuals want to be joined together, that's fine - but "holy matrimony" under the circumstances in totally ludicrous.

Actually the Church did accept homosexuality - up until about the 1100's - just as much as they accepted priests getting married.

It was just re-written like the Bible is every so often, to suit the needs to the Pontif and his Synod at the time. Also do not forget that the original bible was written at least 2 cebturies AFTER the "death" of Jesus by non of his disciples or their families, and it was orginally written in Latin - which when was first translated into English during the 18th Century was miquoted in quite a lot of the places and was, also, re-written, locally, to suit the needs to the local monarchs!!!

The Church also do not condone the use of condoms, but have you ever seen it written anywhere in the Bible that the use of condoms is evil?

The "current" Bible is a collective of all the translated editions across the world just to have one "definite" word rather than various meanings! This is not to say that teh Bible is right or wrong, just the use of common beliefs in meanings/translations.

BWFC I don't know where you get either your history or your biblical knowledge from- but they're both totally wrong. The 'Bible' is split into two. The Old testament was written over a period of 2000 years in the pre Christian era by Jewish authors. The New Testament was all completed in the first century AD and written in Hebrew,then translated into Greek then Latin and finally English and other languages in the sixteenth century (under Henry VIII).
Where did you find that homosexualiy was accepted up until the 1100s.

70Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
BWFC I don't know where you get either your history or your biblical knowledge from- but they're both totally wrong. The 'Bible' is split into two. The Old testament was written over a period of 2000 years in the pre Christian era by Jewish authors. The New Testament was all completed in the first century AD and written in Hebrew,then translated into Greek then Latin and finally English and other languages in the sixteenth century (under Henry VIII).

Risky. The last person who challenged bwfc71 woke up to find his knob stuck to his scrotum with superglue.

71Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 16:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:But a church is God's place, and he banned gay marriage. Let gays get married down the Dog and Duck.

I agree with the above statement. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Therefore Christianity does not condone homosexuality. If homosexuals want to be joined together, that's fine - but "holy matrimony" under the circumstances in totally ludicrous.

Actually the Church did accept homosexuality - up until about the 1100's - just as much as they accepted priests getting married.

It was just re-written like the Bible is every so often, to suit the needs to the Pontif and his Synod at the time. Also do not forget that the original bible was written at least 2 cebturies AFTER the "death" of Jesus by non of his disciples or their families, and it was orginally written in Latin - which when was first translated into English during the 18th Century was miquoted in quite a lot of the places and was, also, re-written, locally, to suit the needs to the local monarchs!!!

The Church also do not condone the use of condoms, but have you ever seen it written anywhere in the Bible that the use of condoms is evil?

The "current" Bible is a collective of all the translated editions across the world just to have one "definite" word rather than various meanings! This is not to say that teh Bible is right or wrong, just the use of common beliefs in meanings/translations.

Recent BBC/Discovery/Open University documentary series on BBC Four with regards to the worlds religions - myths and fantasy behind the words.

72Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 17:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a religious person but I do think that this decision is the correct one. Why should a religion that has been followed by millions of people for hundreds of years have to deny their belief just to appease a minority ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum