Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It?

+9
Sgt. Bash
Quent
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Same sex relationships may turn the stomachs of those who disagree with it but Im sure a gay man or woman will say the same about having a relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

The difference is that gay sex is not natural. If it was, we'd all have a knob.

42Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 14:09

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Same sex relationships may turn the stomachs of those who disagree with it but Im sure a gay man or woman will say the same about having a relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

The difference is that gay sex is not natural. If it was, we'd all have a knob.

No, I won't say it, it's too easy!

43Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Now pick that to peices and turn it into another amos-bashing thread!

This isn't an Amos-bashing thread for the sake of it, it's because we can't take anything you say seriously until you explain why you think gay men are more at risk of getting pregnant than catching HIV.

If sluffy, Hipster or anyone else had come out with that statement they'd be getting the same amount of abuse. You need to retract the comment or explain it.

44Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:I don't see any problem with same sex couples getting 'married'. When a man and woman marry its because they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together (and have a party and a holiday afterwards). Getting married makes it formal and gives the man and woman a lot more rights than if they were not married. Why should this not apply to same sex couples?

I think the big difference is even though the thought of getting down and dirty with a man does turn my stomach (and I wouldnt care to see 2 women at it either), it is not something that would make me think any different of a person who is attracted to the same sex. The thought of sex with a woman I dont find attractive turns my stomach too so whats the difference? (This may be the difference between a lot of men and woman, quite a few men see any hole as a goal when it comes to a woman.....any woman!!)

I know a few people who are attracted to the same sex, and some are getting the best of both worlds by being attracted to both men and woman. Just because it does not float my boat dosnt give me the right to look down on them or think of them as 'disgusting' just because their sexual preference dosnt match mine. So long as both people involved are above the age of consent then it is no - ones business but theirs and if they want to have their relationship legally recoginised and have a big party to celebrate then they should have every right to do so.......And I want an invite!!!

Now pick that to peices and turn it into another amos-bashing thread!

I've just read the exact same post on a different forum but by a different person. How strange.

45Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

I've just read the exact same post on a different forum but by a different person. How strange.

Did they also think there was too much Amos bashing?

46Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:43

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It was word for word the same post except it didn't say anything about Amos bashing at the end. Looks like Amos married Squidgy a couple weeks ago.

47Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:It was word for word the same post except it didn't say anything about Amos bashing at the end. Looks like Amos married Squidgy a couple weeks ago.

Which one got pregnant?

48Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:47

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They're both firing blanks.

49Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bit lazy to steal a whole post from someone just to make a point.

Amos should be on here explaining his gay men getting pregnant theory. I really am interested.

50Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 16:54

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's obviously losing the plot again.

51Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 17:03

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Don't really care what they do

52Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 17:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought plagiarism had been outlawed.

53Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 18:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just had a look, he did change "man" and "woman" where appropriate so harsh to call it plagiarism.

54Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 18:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I just had a look, he did change "man" and "woman" where appropriate so harsh to call it plagiarism.

Not really. The original author is a female is she not ? She posted her original post prior to 1971's so she has title to the deed.

55Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 01:26

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think they should be allowed to, I see no reason why not, and I totally understand why they would want to if they are religious.

However, I believe it should be entirely the choice of the church to decide its own matters, as long as they do not actively harm anyone, or effect people outside of their religion with their actions then they should be allowed to make their own rules.

I think its very hypocritical of the a lot of the atheist public to criticise the affect religion has upon their lives and then push their views upon the rules of the church.

I don't want the church interfering with the government politics (even thought of course they do) and so I see no reason why the government should have the right to determine the policies of the church, so whilst I think its ridiculous and ancient to refuse gay marriage I also accept that its nothing to do with me and its for the leading bodies and the members of the religion, and the religion alone, to decide.

56Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 13:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gay marriage to be illegal in the church of England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20680924

57Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspected as much. Deeply religious people are entitled to their opinions and beliefs just the same as Gays and Thespians.

58Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:But a church is God's place, and he banned gay marriage. Let gays get married down the Dog and Duck.

I agree with the above statement. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Therefore Christianity does not condone homosexuality. If homosexuals want to be joined together, that's fine - but "holy matrimony" under the circumstances in totally ludicrous.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

59Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unfortunately, Homosexuality and Christianity are not compatible. Civil partnerships bridge the gap and are recognised in law just the same as church weddings.

60Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gay Marriage: Are You Up For It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:But a church is God's place, and he banned gay marriage. Let gays get married down the Dog and Duck.

I agree with the above statement. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Therefore Christianity does not condone homosexuality. If homosexuals want to be joined together, that's fine - but "holy matrimony" under the circumstances in totally ludicrous.

Actually the Church did accept homosexuality - up until about the 1100's - just as much as they accepted priests getting married.

It was just re-written like the Bible is every so often, to suit the needs to the Pontif and his Synod at the time. Also do not forget that the original bible was written at least 2 cebturies AFTER the "death" of Jesus by non of his disciples or their families, and it was orginally written in Latin - which when was first translated into English during the 18th Century was miquoted in quite a lot of the places and was, also, re-written, locally, to suit the needs to the local monarchs!!!

The Church also do not condone the use of condoms, but have you ever seen it written anywhere in the Bible that the use of condoms is evil?

The "current" Bible is a collective of all the translated editions across the world just to have one "definite" word rather than various meanings! This is not to say that teh Bible is right or wrong, just the use of common beliefs in meanings/translations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum