Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ngog on his way to Kiev? - NIXON LATEST

+16
aaron_bwfc
NickFazer
xmiles
scottjames30
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
N'Gogba
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
Jamster26
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gossip or fact - who knows but time will tell I guess.

Bolton Wanderers striker David Ngog is the subject of surprise interest from top Ukranian club Dynamo Kiev.

Sources from Eastern Europe say Kiev have contacted Bolton about Ngog and are willing to match the Championship outfit’s £4million valuation – the amount they paid Liverpool in August 2011.

The transfer window in Ukraine is open until the end of February allowing 23-year-old Ngog to move in a permanent deal that would end a mixed four-and-a-half year spell in England.

The talented Frenchman was signed by Rafa Benitez at Liverpool from Paris Saint-Germain and scored 19 goals in 41 starts for the Anfield club.

But after being signed by Owen Coyle at Bolton, he was unable to prevent the club being relegated from the Premier League last season and has scored only five goals this term as Wanderers have found it hard to acclimatise to life in the Championship.

His departure would allow new Bolton manager Dougie Freedman to re-jig his squad over the coming months.

In many respects, it would appear a good move for Ngog. Kiev are regarded as Ukraine’s biggest club despite the recent success of Shakhtar Donetsk and are still in the Europa League while Bolton are currently 16th in the Championship

Ngog played for Bolton in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw at Derby and if a deal can be agreed by all parties, it would be his last appearance for the club.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:55; edited 1 time in total

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Take the money if true. N'gog does very little when he starts games. He's a good impact sub but I think we need more than that. I'd snatch their hands off for £4m.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think that Ngog fits with our style of play and I think Dougie showed a bit of nous in the transefer window, so given a choice I'd rather give Dougie the money to invest than keep Davide. If he were to go - and I'd be surprised if it happened - it may open the door for Eaves to get the odd game, but I would expect SKD to be called upon even more.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This would be superb.

Who the fuck would be stupid enough to pay £4million for Ngog though?

Is Owen Coyle manager of Kiev?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Indeed.

I've said it before, do people really believe that a football club wouldn't have Ngog watched. Anyone watching Ngog over the last 12 months wouldn't offer 4p for him.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Indeed.

I've said it before, do people really believe that a football club wouldn't have Ngog watched. Anyone watching Ngog over the last 12 months wouldn't offer 4p for him.

Got to agree, why would anybody pay that much. Doesn't stop me hoping though.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Big Mistake to let him go, Dont forget SKD may not get a new contract?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Weren't Marseille linked with him in January?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:Big Mistake to let him go, Dont forget SKD may not get a new contract?

Big mistake to keep him. If someone offered £500k I would snatch their hand off.

I have no doubt Ngog will continue to be a useless stump, keep taking his fat wages until his contract runs down, then fook off for free.

4 million pounds could go a long way to improving this team, I'd be amazed if we got 2 million for him in fairness. Most likely outcome is he stays until the end of his contract and goes back to France for free.

Newby here.

I think it would be amistake to let him go now. At the end of the season maybe but an injury to anyone else could leave us short in attacking options.

with afobe now gone, realistic option would be sordell, davies and davies. On the other hand if it means we will be giving some our youth team the opportunity to prove themselves then maybe it could be a good thing.

I always have this feeling with England that if the national team played a few more up and coming youngsters that they would be more passionate about winning as they are more hungry for it and want it more.

i think the same could be said for our squad which is why we get frustrated by the lack of use of people like wylde, vela, riley etc.

Especially while we are in the position we are in the league, i think it is a forgone conclusion we won't be going up this season, lets give some of the youngsters a chance and sort the wheat from the chaff <--- (i know i can't beleive i said that either ) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Take his goals away and we are in the bottom 3.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Newby here.

I think it would be a mistake to let him go now. At the end of the season maybe but an injury to anyone else could leave us short in attacking options.

Hello Johnny.

There is some truth to that, but I'd risk it. If they could get some cash (any amount will do!) it could go towards a new striker in the Summer. But for now I'd be happy with Sordell & Cavies upfront.

Triumph wrote:Take his goals away and we are in the bottom 3.

yeah but replace him with someone who has a point to prove and we could have been in the top 3

i know it is all shoulda woulda coulda but now the season is pretty much wrote off what harm could it do!

N'Gogba

David Ngog
David Ngog

Triumph wrote:Take his goals away and we are in the bottom 3.

What all 5 of them?

I'm sure there are many strikers we could get for under £4m that would score 5 in 22.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

N'Gogba wrote:

What all 5 of them?

I'm sure there are many strikers we could get for under £4m that would score 5 in 22.

I think he has 9 goals in 60 games.

Give me 80 games and I'll score you more than that.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
N'Gogba wrote:

What all 5 of them?

I think he has 9 goals in 60 games.

Give me 80 games and I'll score you more than that.

i don't think you'd need 20 more games, you could probably do it with 20 less [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

i don't think you'd need 20 more games, you could probably do it with 20 less [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You're right. Perhaps you've heard about my 25 yard volley at Deepdale in 1994?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

You're right. Perhaps you've heard about my 25 yard volley at Deepdale in 1994?

No

i did get a hat trick once on queens park against oldhams estate XI though!

maybe they should send some scouts to this forum, especially when the next managerial vacancy occurs (at the end of the season!)

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sell, sell, sell!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum