Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Boro

+27
Tigermin
bwfc71
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
Bernard Dennis Park
frankboy
terenceanne
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
Triumph
observer
Hipster_Nebula
chipbutty
WhiteBic
scottjames30
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
Reebok_Rebel
Jamster26
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 11:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can dissemble the Leicester game till we're blue in the face but we have to move on. Face it...could have gone our way, but it didn't. Blame Dougie, blame Butters, blame the blind ref, blame our luck for finally running out...whatever, it's water under the bridge today.
So bring on the Boro.
McEachran restored to the team, a couple of tweaks here and there and Mowbray, who is fighting for his job does us a favour and whups Forest. Maybe they'll fancy their chances of pulling back the 5 point gap to us and Forest (although Millwall will be our nearest challengers if they win their games in hand) but we will be at home hoping to extend our winning streak.
I think Boro will be a different proposition having beaten Forest - tougher than we might have expected - but I believe the lads will come through AND keep a clean sheet, despite our decimated central midfield. Our playmaker may be gone for the season, but I have a feeling we'll work something out.
2 - nil to the Super Whites.

2Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 11:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it will be close but I can see us just edging it 1-0.

3Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fully expect Dougie to play Kevin Davies on the left wing and Butterfield at centre-forward.

4Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 12:22

Natasha Whittam wrote:I fully expect Dougie to play Kevin Davies on the left wing and Butterfield at centre-forward.

Why?

5Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 12:29

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think Middlesbrough could have picked a worse time to play us. Our home from is brilliant, and even if with the injuries, I think we're going to have too much for them on the day

They got a decent result against Forest but they've been woeful for a while now.

I fancy us to respond to the defeat yesterday big time, and win this 4-0. Eagles(2), Medo(1), Dawson(1).

6Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 12:31

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Injuries to almost all our midfield. no finishers.

Can see us coming unstuck. 3-1 to boro

7Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 12:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jamster I don't want to be a Gloomster but we are due a loss at home, nothing lasts forever and we've had our two penneth. Hope I'm wrong!

8Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 13:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I fully expect Dougie to play Kevin Davies on the left wing and Butterfield at centre-forward.

Why?

He seems to delight in doing the strange. Who else would have dropped Ricketts last night?

9Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 13:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have a bad feeling we're going to end the season how we started it - fucking woefully, starting on Saturday.

I must admit I have seen little of M'boro recently but with them winning last night their confidence must be up going into this game, if we do somehow manage to win then I think we will only need 3 more points to get a play off spot.

Saturday is the biggest game of the season without a doubt.

10Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 15:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We're going to make the Boro game look easy.

For whom? I haven't decided yet.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I hope we win, if only to keep the dream alive for another week. That said you can only dream for so long with as many wake up calls as we've had recently.

12Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 15:29

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's quite amazing how poor the teams around us have been. Whenever we have slipped up, most of our rivals are dropping points also. I'm not complaining, I'd just like us to control our own destiny.

13Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 16:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's some negative people on this site!

Middlesborough were shocking last night but forest were worse, they scraped a first win in 8. Dougie won't let all this hard work go to waste..

3-1 and back in the play offs, We'll get the job done a cardiff, I have a feeling.

14Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:It's quite amazing how poor the teams around us have been. Whenever we have slipped up, most of our rivals are dropping points also. I'm not complaining, I'd just like us to control our own destiny.
I'm not sure it's about them being "poor" J. I just think that it's the fixtures. It's a very tight league, it's the business end of the season and most teams have something to play for.
We were in control of our own destiny until last night, but now we have to ensure that the season ends on high and with luck, we'll make it.
The good news is that Palace play Leicester on Saturday which means that anything but a Leicester victory will put us back in the top 6 if we beat Boro. And even if Leicester win we could still pass Palace if we win by a couple or more.
Incredibly, I think that despite losing last night, other teams' failure to win meant that for the first time we are technically safe from relegation! Need to check that but I think it's the case.

15Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 16:53

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We're on fire at home, we're looking to bounce back from a disappointing away defeat and Boro did us at their place, so we have a point to prove.

We will win this by at least three goals!

16Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 17:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One thing, that everyone is overlooking, is that we are beginning to show consistency, and a good standard of football, (at least to everyone else). Ok, it didn't help at the Leicester game, but I think that was more of tactical error than a poor team display. With this in mind I think we will do ok, and it will show with a 3-1 win to us Ngog to score first

17Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 17:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan plays 2-1 for us.

Bogdan plays 2-2 draw.

18Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:One thing, that everyone is overlooking, is that we are beginning to show consistency, and a good standard of football, (at least to everyone else). Ok, it didn't help at the Leicester game, but I think that was more of tactical error than a poor team display. With this in mind I think we will do ok, and it will show with a 3-1 win to us Ngog to score first

Are you copying my score predictions? Wink

19Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 17:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You should hope not, I get bugger all right ! (I'm almost as bad as Magoo)

20Bolton 2-1 Boro Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Wed 17 Apr - 17:59

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gloswhite - Please see the "Ngog out for the season thread" Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum