Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Boro

+27
Tigermin
bwfc71
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
Bernard Dennis Park
frankboy
terenceanne
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
Triumph
observer
Hipster_Nebula
chipbutty
WhiteBic
scottjames30
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
Reebok_Rebel
Jamster26
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

101Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:48

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

I had Eagles first goalscorer and 2-1 at 35/1 btw. Happy days.

Post a photo of your winning betting slip or quit posting lies.

No, I couldn't give a fuck if you don't believe me. You miserable cow.

102Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We did play well IMO.

I'm on the train back to Scotland btw.

enjoyed the game today.

103Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
No, I couldn't give a fuck if you don't believe me. You miserable cow.

This is me being happy.

104Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We did play well IMO.

I'm on the train back to Scotland btw.

enjoyed the game today.

I believe you.

105Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got back now, cuppa tea and a twirl before bed.

long day.

106Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just got back now, cuppa tea and a twirl before bed.

long day.

We have a lot in common.

107Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

108Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:46

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bolton 2-1 Boro, eight on the bounce at home and people are still giving freedman a hard time. We are in the play off positions from having to put up with Coyle and his hoof ball to Kd. You can't please some people. Dougie came and had to work with what he had.He turned Sordell around put KD out to pasture (great servant) but well paid for it as well.Bought Craig Davies £300-000 and Medo for peanuts. If it was,nt for Boro,s keeper Davies and Medo would have scored two great strikes. Our form away is very strange compared to the Reebok still we are still in with a chance without our top player Mark Davies. My one criticism but I understand why it was done was playing Butterfield at Leicster but he was trying to keep the team fresh. Ricketts was at fault for the cross that came in for Dyer today.Luckily Chungy won the pen n Marvin put it away. Hopefully Watford do Leicster Friday night.Then just one win will do.

109Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:50

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Bolton 2-1 Boro 8 on the bounce at home and people are still giving freedman a hard time.We are in the play off positions from having to put up with Coyle and his hoof ball to Kd.You can't please some people.Dougie came and had to work with what he had.He turned Sordell around put KD out to pasture( great servant) but well paid for it as well.Bought Craig Davies £300-000 and Medo for peanuts.If it was,nt for Boro,s keeper Davies and Medo would have scored two great strikes.Our form away is very strange compared to the Reebok still we are still in with a chance without our top player Mark Davies.My one criticism but I understand why it was done was playing Butterfield at Leicster but he was trying to keep the team fresh.Ricketts was at fault for the cross that came in for Dyer today.Luckily Chungy won the pen n Marvin put it away.Hopefully Watford do Lesctier Friday night.Then just one win will do.

:clap:

110Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone seems to be backslapping Dougie for our great home record. What about our away record? Worst in the league or close to it.

It says to me the players aren't mentally strong enough.

111Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:02

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Love Medo! he gets better, dont take no shit.

112Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Medo signed he said that he expected us to make the play offs and we all laughed at him.

113Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Medo is a cracking little player - him and a fully fit holden in the midfield would be a dangerous central paid in any league.

114Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Happy with the three points of course and a play off spot.
I wish we could score some "good" goals....by that I mean well worked, crisp play etc.
Today another fluke and a penalty....last week an own goal and penalty.....
Brighton today showed how you handle a promotion push...you hammer the opposition at home. We have never looked likely to hammer anyone this season. Not to agree with Nat totally but there is a bit of smoke and mirrors about our results.
But now it's in our own hands at least.

115Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:21

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hull?

116Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We hammered hull!

117Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:24

terenceanne wrote:Happy with the three points of course and a play off spot.
I wish we could score some "good" goals....by that I mean well worked, crisp play etc.
Today another fluke and a penalty....last week an own goal and penalty.....
Brighton today showed how you handle a promotion push...you hammer the opposition at home. We have never looked likely to hammer anyone this season. Not to agree with Nat totally but there is a bit of smoke and mirrors about our results.
But now it's in our own hands at least.

Ridiculous, now the goals aren't pretty enough...

118Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair he's got a point.

long strikes or barca goals are worth 2 goals.

119Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

geek

120Bolton 2-1 Boro - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Boro Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I cam across this match report, so thought I'd share with you wonderful people

BWFC v Middlesbrough 20/4/2013

The penultimate home game of the season saw a chorus of calls from Dougie and the boys to lift the roof off the Reebok and be the 12th man. If anymore injuries occur they may start calling on some of us fans to fill the squad up. With Jay Spearing and Dave Ngog both added to an increasing injury list, enforced changes were made to todays team with Craaaaig Davies and Soredell paired up front, Medo and Daz paired in central mid, and Ricketts thankfully returning to the back four which has helped to make the Reebok a fortress again.

An interesting stat from recent games is that in the last 11 games, we have taken the lead within 5 mins in 6 of those games. It was nearly 7 in 12 today after what was a sharp start from the Whites. Knocking the ball around well with Eagles at the heart of everything good going forward, the ball broke to Davies on the wide edge of the boro box, and his right foot hit was well saved. The following corner was headed clear as far as Medo, his first time, outside of the right boot volley looked top corner bound, but was once again well saved. Early indications were good, and boro looked a little shell shocked by our start, but once they calmed down, the half evened and actually fizzled out a bit. In the main we controlled, but created very little other than a Pratley hit which flew past the post. The first half for us was much like our play for the rest of the game in some ways. At times a little too intricate, and at times overly sloppy, especially from our back four. Boro pressed more in the last 15 mins of the half and carved out a couple of chances, one shot which was spilled by Bogdan, and one which was woefully mis-hit and fired across the face of our goal.

Another apperance from that man Fab for the half time draw, drew a bigger noise from the fans than the whole of the first half, this was followed by the now customary letting the opposition wait for us to appear for the second half. If the first half performance was a little flat, the break certainly woke one or two lads up, in particular Chris Eagles. He started the half like a man chasing a big money Prem move, closing and hustling and it was this hard work that led to the opening goal. Picking the ball up outside the boro box, he drove forward down the right, getting past their full back, he looked to clip the ball across the area, but on any other day the cross would have harmlessly flown over the bar and out of play. But at the moment, we have seriously charmed lady luck. His cross dipped, clipped the underside of the bar with the keeper beaten and found its home in the back of the net. CE7 will no doubt claim it was a lob, but even he and his lovely hair will do well to charm even his biggest fan into believing it was intentional. Either way, he seemed to enjoy it and made a point of sginalling to the East stand that that was his tenth strike of the season. With player of the season polls doing the rounds at the moment, its easy to forget just how important a player Eagles has been this season, even with his dip in form over the Winter months.

From there, and as has been the case after taking the lead in many games, the goal settled us, and we looked more confident from that point. However, as has been the case with taking the lead in so many games this season, it was at this point that we stepped off the gas a little. Boro had offered very little in the half, but a slightly limp looking attack down our right resulted in a cross being pinged into the near post, and Kieran Dyer of all people, glanced a header to the far post beyond Bogdan. It was an odd moment, and it felt like many in the Reebok had forgotten what a goal against was. How dare they put one past us, the swines. That was the end of an impressive and much welcolmed home clean sheet stat. The goal didnt affect us much though. We still pressed and continued to knock the ball around, though we seemed to have lost a bit of the zip that our attacking has had in the last few weeks.

With Eagles at the heart of our best attacking moments, it was inevitable that our second would come with his involvement. Eagles pass between fullback and centre half found CYL racing into the box, his ball across came just before he was hacked down by Woodgate, a moment of advantage play came to nothing and the ref (Mr Deadman, his name, not a threat), pointed to the spot. With spot kicks being bandied about between a few players recently, it still came as a surprise when Sordell placed the ball on the spot. He had been largely ineffective in the game and at times, allowing Craig Davies to run around and chase down like a headless chicken, whilst he moped around looking downward. It was a big call by whoever decided he would have the kick, a real make him or break him moment, and thankfully, he just about squeezed it in. The goal will do him the world of good and was a show of confidence in him. Another confidence booster will be that we wasnt subbed. With Davies having worked exceptionally hard up front he looked a little jaded and he was replaced by recalled young un Tom Eaves. With Sordell now the elder statesman of the two, Sordell actually grew into the game and upped his workrate. It was his burst through down the left, which led Woodgate to grab his arm and stop his run, and this led to Woodgates second yellow and a red card. From that point we looked comfortable, that was up until the last 5 mins, and the subsequent additional 5 mins Mr Deadman added from nowhere. We saw the game out though with only a brief spell of heart in mouth moments from Boro, the only dissapointing moment at this point was the booing of Butterfield coming on. Yes, hes slow, past it and only around because hes Dougies pal, but hes coming on to help us secure the points and didnt need to be booed.

2 games to go then, and we are back in the top 6 (feels good to say/write that). 4 points from those games should see us stay there, 6 points would secure it. But Cardiff will be a tough game, and if wee fall flat in that game, the pressure will be on for the Blackpool game. Although the squad is thinning out a bit and with Dawsons impending departure, it has given a few players a chance to stake a claim. None more so than Tom Eaves, whose cameo apperance today shows glimpses of what Coyle saw, a younger version of SKD. Whatever is going in behind the scenes with our club captain, its clear to see that on the pitch, the intention is to replace Davies with a like for like, and Eaves fits the bill. He looked strong in the air and comfortable with the ball at his feet. He was also aware enough to get himself into some decent positions in their box. He not as mobile as Craig Davies, but theres certainly something there with which Dougie will be able to mould and shape into a decent player. With Stuart Holden also now returning from his loan spell, the momentum is all there for the final push. All we need now, is those points.

BWFC 2 - 1 Middlesbrough

Eagles

Sordell (pen)

Att - 18,420

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum