Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

£1 million fee for Beckford Agreed - Hall to sign - NIXON

+19
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
TheHateCamel
scottjames30
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Jamster26
Michael Bolton
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
waynagain
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:Nixon has re-affirmed that our Douglas is looking at "a big money striker" who is not Beckford. The suggestion from people in the know is that the search is on for a "20-goal a season" striker and that 2 potential targets have already been identified.

Target #1 was the front-runner for the slot until Target #2 became "available" and the preferred option. If you read between the lines, Marc Iles has interviews coming with 3 "30 goal strikers" in Walker, Whatmore and McGinlay while McGinlay has already weighed in on the need for a real goalscorer - the likes of which is not currently on the roster.

There is another ex-player whose name escapes me as I write this who has also made mention of the need for an "out and out" goal-getter and the fact that Nixon not only knows the name but has seen him play suggests that there very well may be a major announcement soon regarding both a pending arrival and pending departures. In keeping with our current theme, watch this space!

PS - Sorry for all the """"'s. Wink
Nixon never answers questions about Charlie Austin Shocked Sordell looks the likely casuality, imo.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Austin is not a 20 plus goalscorer.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:Austin is not a 20 plus goalscorer.
The signing of Beckford gives more options up front,why ship anyone out ? We have been short of attacking options that excite for ages. If wee Douggie has been after him for so long then he obviously sees potential link ups within his existing front line. I would like it to be with our main man with ability to create space Ngog. Douggie wont let him go and is the one quality player who creates space and time for others and with potentially Eagles behind those front two then who knows ??

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:
The signing of Beckford gives more options up front,why ship anyone out ? We have been short of attacking options that excite for ages. If wee Douggie has been after him for so long then he obviously sees potential link ups within his existing front line. I would like it to be with our main man with ability to create space Ngog. Douggie wont let him go and is the one quality player who creates space and time for others and with potentially Eagles behind those front two then who knows ??

Money dictates that he'll want wasters like Ngog & Sordell off the payroll.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tigermin wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Austin is not a 20 plus goalscorer.

Stop talking shit.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry Ngog couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, if we get an offer for him, let him go

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Apparently the original target was South American and has been replaced by a British player. It would make sense that the new target is Charlie Austin since Nixon has seen him play and doesn't answer questions about Austin/Bolton and didn't respond to a question regarding the general nationality of the big money striker (South American/British). Personally, I'm on the fence about signing Austin. Pro's: Knows the league and how to score in it, acclimatized, would settle in with no fuss. Con's: League knows him, fizzled out somewhat last season (CD will be able to say why that was, I'm sure) and more expensive than his South American counterpart is likely to be.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he was off to Hull ?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

think they turned it down, was about 4 million as well so they must be holding out for more

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i just can't see us spending big money on another striker if we get Beckford as well, unless DF is shipping out both N'Gog and Sordell

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll take Austin & Beckford upfront thank-you, we'll score 5 every game and bring some excitement back to the Reebok.

I can't believe people still want Ngog or Sordell - they're proven shite.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Douglas knows that we need to be able to rotate the team to do well in this league - accounting for injuries and lack of form etc. Our current strikers haven't shown a lot of goals among them and we have one less striker than we ended the season with so two new strikers isn't at all strange. Plus, one of them is quite likely to be headed for the exits (cough)Ngog(cough).

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Keegan wrote:Douglas knows that we need to be able to rotate the team to do well in this league - accounting for injuries and lack of form etc. Our current strikers haven't shown a lot of goals among them and we have one less striker than we ended the season with so two new strikers isn't at all strange. Plus, one of them is quite likely to be headed for the exits (cough)Ngog(cough).
The wee man wont get rid of Ngog,he is the only true quality player we have and if he is half the man everyone thinks he is then he needs qiuality when we go up !! Plus he needs to get rid of El prat , if he did that , even on a free I would never ever doubt his ability,perception etc etc

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It's not a 'get rid of' situation - Ngog doesn't want to spend another season in the Championship.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You might be right there ! Alonso has fucked off,Ricketts might be going and if Ngog goes then maybe wee Douggie might be sacrificing quality for?? fuck knows !!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Generally when a player doesn't want to stay it's best to cash in.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Personally, I think N'Gog will be staying put, for the time being anyway. He's still injured, so I can't see him going tbh. Sordell, as I've said before, he'll be flogged!

I think this £5 million plus striker, that Nixon keeps mentioning is either Austin or Gary Hooper at Celtic.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it is Austin and the final deal is more than £4 million I'll be gutted. 
Beckford at 1 million and on a reduced wage is OK if not ideal, but Austin just isn't worth that kind of money. Wondering who the alleged South American is.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

There's a whisper starting up that Darren Bent may be the 20 a season man in question. On a free in a months time. Big wages but with no fee then it's a possibility in my opinion.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:There's a whisper starting up that Darren Bent may be the 20 a season man in question. On a free in a months time. Big wages but with no fee then it's a possibility in my opinion.

would love to see it happen but would he want to drop down to the Championship? I doubt it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum