Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

£1 million fee for Beckford Agreed - Hall to sign - NIXON

+19
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
TheHateCamel
scottjames30
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Jamster26
Michael Bolton
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
waynagain
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:There's a whisper starting up that Darren Bent may be the 20 a season man in question. On a free in a months time. Big wages but with no fee then it's a possibility in my opinion.

Is the whisper in print somewhere? If true, I'd be relatively happy with that despite his age as he has something to prove, although would prefer someone with a future.

Can't believe it though. He's on £3 million a year and has been valued by Villa at £8 million.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:There's a whisper starting up that Darren Bent may be the 20 a season man in question. On a free in a months time. Big wages but with no fee then it's a possibility in my opinion.

I would certainly like to see Bent at the Reebok. I can't understand how he fell out of favour with Lambert at Villa.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would be amazed if this is true. Truly amazed.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me too, but I have more faith with Dougie in the transfer market than our previous managers.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me if we got Darren Bent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

I would certainly like to see Bent at the Reebok. I can't understand how he fell out of favour with Lambert at Villa.

Benteke came along and Agbonlahor regained his form. TBF Benteke looked a better striker last season and Agbonlahor tends to play out wide anyway. On £3 million a year, I'm sure Bent wasn't too arsed about it.

Just think it's way too rich for us and even if Bent was willing to take a cut, some prem team will snap him up. A move back to Sunderland at a cut price would be on the cards, but you never know with their new manager.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is anybody else thinking the beckford deal has gone tits up - NOTING ALL DAY!

anybody on twitter feel like sending mark Isles or Nixon a Tweet asking what the fuck is going on!?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe Dougie's decided to go for a prolific striker instead?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Me if we got Darren Bent.

ha-ha

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Me if we got Darren Bent.

Keegan when he found out Amos was to be his house guest.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

A lot of things will be clearer on July 1st. Patience, grasshoppers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to clarify. When the paper reported that attention had switched away from a South/Central American striker to an English striker, is that in addition to Beckford? Or is Beckford it?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think N'gog would be excellent just behind the main striker. He reminds of Elmander to be honest, not really an out and out striker, but a really good link-up man. I think him and Beckford could work well together if he does come.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I think N'gog would be excellent just behind the main striker. He reminds of Elmander to be honest, not really an out and out striker, but a really good link-up man. I think him and Beckford could work well together if he does come.

TBF on Ngog, that's where he's been asked to play all last season - only supporting SKD for most of it. Ngog links play well, so it would be good if he had a bit of pace in front of him

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll stand alone I suppose but Bent is a bigger donkey than SKD ..... always on my overrated players list....and constantly injured to boot.  That's a big no from me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I think N'gog would be excellent just behind the main striker. He reminds of Elmander to be honest, not really an out and out striker, but a really good link-up man. I think him and Beckford could work well together if he does come.

Elmander created chances, even though he was utter guff in front of goal.

You have no evidence Ngog would be good at anything as his whole BWFC (and Liverpool) career has been a mixture of injury and shiteness. He hasn't scored goals and hasn't created chances.

We really don't have room for a striker that does neither.

Stick with your gut feeling, but I hope Dougie goes with the stats.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Just to clarify. When the paper reported that attention had switched away from a South/Central American striker to an English striker, is that in addition to Beckford? Or is Beckford it?
In addition to Beckford. Dougie wants a "biggie" striker, that could cost around £5 million.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agbonlahor please.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Agbonlahor please.

He's shit

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Agbonlahor please.

If Bent's offski, there's no way Villa would let him go IMO.

Again we're suggesting an older player - wouldn't you prefer someone younger? Trouble is I can't think who would fit the bill as the BN suggested it was an English person we are looking into, and we couldn't afford the likes of Rhodes. The plot thickens.

If we're going for an older person, Odemwingie would be very cheap comparatively IMO - potential bargain even though he's an eejit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum