Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

£1 million fee for Beckford Agreed - Hall to sign - NIXON

+19
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
TheHateCamel
scottjames30
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Jamster26
Michael Bolton
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
waynagain
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

If we're going for an older person, Odemwingie would be very cheap comparatively IMO - potential bargain even though he's an eejit.

Why not sign Marlon King and Luke McCormick as well.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

If we're going for an older person, Odemwingie would be very cheap comparatively IMO - potential bargain even though he's an eejit.

Why not sign Marlon King and Luke McCormick as well.

Potential bargains indeed. Definitely rated below market value due to their inadequate social skills. If only Gary Glitter had better ball control...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: If only Gary Glitter had better ball control...

lol!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:

Again we're suggesting an older player - wouldn't you prefer someone younger?

No.

Couldn't give a shit.

i want a player who is going to score a shitload of goals, a proven goalscorer, regardless of cost.

I don't buy this "buy cheap and young and hope for the best" bullshit.

Sorry.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

Couldn't give a shit.

i want a player who is going to score a shitload of goals, a proven goalscorer, regardless of cost.

Sorry.

Sadly, cost is going to be one of the main issues for us in the transfer window and the resale value of players who are already getting on a bit falls faster than than the missus' knickers, so wages = dead money. If we get someone in their mid twenties and pay them a lot for scoring loads of goals, we can always sell them on later to recoup some of the investment. That's better for a club that's redeveloping a squad as we are IMO.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How many people out there score "shitloads of goals" and want to come and play in the championship.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Just to clarify. When the paper reported that attention had switched away from a South/Central American striker to an English striker, is that in addition to Beckford? Or is Beckford it?
In addition to. We are looking at what has been referred to as a "biggie" in terms of what would be required to sign him and his expected output.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

Couldn't give a shit.

Sorry.

Sadly, cost is going to be one of the main issues for us in the transfer window and the resale value of players who are already getting on a bit falls faster than than the missus' knickers, so wages = dead money. If we get someone in their mid twenties and pay them a lot for scoring loads of goals, we can always sell them on later to recoup some of the investment. That's better for a club that's redeveloping a squad as we are IMO.

Surely investing 5 or 6 million on a player who is going to score a shitload of goals, and get us back to the prem with those goals outweighs the 5 or 6 million we spend on his fee/wages (taking in to account the money we get for getting back to the prem?)

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

Couldn't give a shit.

Sorry.

Surely investing 5 or 6 million on a player who is going to score a shitload of goals, and get us back to the prem with those goals outweighs the 5 or 6 million we spend on his fee/wages (taking in to account the money we get for getting back to the prem?)

I have no problem with investing £millions to do exactly that. But why invest it in an asset that is more likely to depreciate, when you could get a younger person of the same ability at the same price who can do the same thing and be able to recoup later? No sense in throwing money away.

No offence wanderlust. But who can we afford who is proven like beckford but younger. If we want to get out of this league we need experience. A player of beckfords ilk but even five years younger would probably cost us five or maybe even ten times more.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wants another Ngog.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If he stays Ngog will be our leading goal scorer this new season, he showed towards the end of last season that he has quality. You heard it here first.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Triumph wrote:If he stays Ngog will be our leading goal scorer this new season, he showed towards the end of last season that he has quality. You heard it here first.

Yeah but what you know about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

и вы знаете гораздо больше, вы Майклу вы Челси поддержки петух

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He wants another Ngog.

Since you were caught red-handed inventing false "statistics" to try to justify your ridiculous argument, you've been having trouble letting this Ngog thing go haven't you.?

Always knew you are prone to being expansive with the facts for journalistic effect which is part of the appeal of your musings, but I didn't realise you were prepared to lie. I can only assume that the comments in BEL are made up by you, which is a shame as it takes the fun out of it.

It must hurt to know that you have no credibility left - presumably that's why you keep coming back to the Ngog thing? Try to move on.

If you can't take the banter, get out of the kitchen.
On second thoughts, AD probably would probably suggest that the kitchen is the best place for you.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:и вы знаете гораздо больше, вы Майклу вы Челси поддержки петух

Russian? I guess that explains the Chelsea reference.

Although пенис is cock in the sense you mean - петух means "rooster"

I always call people a rooster

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I always call people a rooster
Smile

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:
Triumph wrote:If he stays Ngog will be our leading goal scorer this new season, he showed towards the end of last season that he has quality. You heard it here first.

Yeah but what you know about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
Very intelligent reply.Rolling Eyes

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:и вы знаете гораздо больше, вы Майклу вы Челси поддержки петух
which google translates to 'and you know a lot more you Michael you support Chelsea cock'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum