Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Crisis - UPDATE

+17
FullofSprite
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
observer
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 19:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There is to much for me to cut and paste easily - reading between the lines though Iles pointing a very big finger at Gartside for the whole mess 'Davies let Chairman run the club', 'communications better in last few weeks than in years!', life after Davies not planned for - assumed another davies would just tip up'.

Some interesting reading.

Also off the record it seems Iles has close links with the ST and Kevin Davies was going to be part of it (until he thought it through properly) - just based on informed gossip all this though.

Anyway link to the QA - remember to scroll to the bottom and work up in time order.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:00; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 20:19

Hipster will be happy, someone mentioned Jimmy Phillips.

3Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 20:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No way! Bolton fans definitely wouldn't want someone to manage us simply because they played for the club and no other reason.

4Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 21:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Interesting stuff but to be frank Marc himself says there's nothing new to tell that he can confirm. I found his comment about the Supporter's Trust intriguing, it suggests he doesn't know who they all are either and like myself (among others) is less than confident about the substance behind the show. I'll be interested to read the Wheater interview tomorrow, I think that might shed a little bit of substantive light on why the players are so woeful right now instead of the speculation I and others have indulged in.

5Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 21:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd glean just as much asking a new born baby.

6Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 21:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You'd glean just as much asking a new born baby.
To be fair Hipster he does state he doesn't have much info he calls concrete to pass on. It would seem he knows what's wrong with Gartside but has been asked not to say by the family. I can understand that, especially if it turns out to be depression or some other mental illness. He states that he doesn't want to post pointless articles about the deal because there's nothing solid to report that's new. He dances around the Lennon issue a bit but I think it's fairly clear he doesn't expect Neil to survive much longer and he's adamant that he's opposed to admin. Personally I thought he did well and was at least honest about what he does and doesn't know. You're right there's nothing new or surprising but at least it's a decent recap of the facts as Marc knows them and might just educate a few of our more wildly speculating fans about the reality of the problems our club faces.

7Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Dec 27 2015, 23:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Interesting stuff but to be frank Marc himself says there's nothing new to tell that he can confirm. 

That sentence sums up why I haven't got involved in the debate. It's all bloody supposition and speculation. Anyone REALLY in the know is unlikely to make Iles or Nixon their first port of call.

8Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Dec 28 2015, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that just reiterates everything we already know so I'm surprised at the simplicity of some of the questions - all of which have been asked on Nuts previously. Bit of speculation and opinion from MI to top it off but the key thing is it summarises why we haven't had any answers - and why we are not likely to get any until there are developments on the takeover bid.

It does put more emphasis on the idea that our options are now a straight choice between Deano and Admin though. There isn't going to be a rich sheikh stepping in.
And that means whatever happens we are going to have to seriously cut our cloth to suit going forward so it's start to fast track the kids now IMO.

9Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Found the following from a poster on Burnden Aces.

I've tried to find the iplayer of the interview but have failed, so I can't validate what is said below but I post it for people to make of it what they will -

Kevin Davies has just been on talk sport and he has been working on behalf of the stelious consortium and now the club ( Un paid he added).

In a nut shell the following was discussed/mentioned.
1) wage bill is currently at £16 million a season compared to Preston at around 6 million.
2) Kevin Davies had a meeting with Chris Peacock ( bolton wanderers supporters trust ) after the game on Saturday.
3) Trevor birch , Kevin Davies and the chairman of Portsmouth will be at the meeting tomorrow night.
4) no one has come up with enough cash to have a proper look at the books, plus the accounting is all over the place and no one really knows how much is required to keep us going.
5) The club are so desperate that the supporters trust now seems to be one of the only viable options, with possible investment from local businesses and a possible 52/48 split with the supporters trust.

SKD , sounded really deflated and didn't sound optimistic of any sort of consortium coming in and saving us anytime soon. The club seem to be hanging there hopes on the supporters trust now.

10Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Found the following from a poster on Burnden Aces.

I've tried to find the iplayer of the interview but have failed, so I can't validate what is said below but I post it for people to make of it what they will -

Kevin Davies has just been on talk sport and he has been working on behalf of the stelious consortium and now the club ( Un paid he added).

1) wage bill is currently at £16 million a season compared to Preston at around 6 million.
2) Kevin Davies had a meeting with Chris Peacock ( bolton wanderers supporters trust ) after the game on Saturday.
3) Trevor birch , Kevin Davies and the chairman of Portsmouth will be at the meeting tomorrow night.
4) no one has come up with enough cash to have a proper look at the books, plus the accounting is all over the place and no one really knows how much is required to keep us going.
5) The club are so desperate that the supporters trust now seems to be one of the only viable options, with possible investment from local businesses and a possible 52/48 split with the supporters trust.

SKD , sounded really deflated and didn't sound optimistic of any sort of consortium coming in and saving us anytime soon. The club seem to be hanging there hopes on the supporters trust now.
This would appear to be the thinking on which the idea of a ST was predicated in the first place so it will be interesting to see what happens.

It doesn't quite chime with the wages having been paid.

11Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:22

Why they meeting the chairman of Portsmouth?

12Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Barb Dwyer wrote:

Why they meeting the chairman of Portsmouth?

Portsmouth is owned by their Supporters Trust and they have appointed the club chairman.

Trivia Fact - The Administrator who selected the Portsmouth ST as preferred bidders was Trevor Birch.

13Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:32

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chairman of Pompey at the meeting probably to give an outline of what they did and what we can expect. Overall it looks like it's clutching at straws time and there is no-one at all waiting to pounce no matter the cost. Let's hope the high earners don't cling on and get the same salaries in League 1.

14Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Obviously the board members etc. don't want people looking at the books ..... money has no doubt been shuffled for years and years. We need a Russian Billionaire to come in and shit can the board and everybody involved. Since that's not happening in the near future I would suggest calling it a day and putting in a giant ASDA.

15Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 19:00

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bollotom2014 wrote:Chairman of Pompey at the meeting probably to give an outline of what they did and what we can expect. Overall it looks like it's clutching at straws time and there is no-one at all waiting to pounce no matter the cost. Let's hope the high earners don't cling on and get the same salaries in League 1.
Offer half wages to anyone who wants to stay and allow the others to be sold at whatever the market can bring to us.  Need to cut the wage bill in half to begin with.  There will be buyers after administration so perhaps cutting half the wages can forestall that... along with selling Clough to Manure for £3,000,000 pounds which would get us out of the tax abyss. Let anyone who thinks they can do better take a hike, and most will stay with us to collect a check.  Not many would be offered better deals elsewhere.

Half the salaries would be a cut of £8,000,000 if you believe the £16,000,000 wage bill.  That would cut out 2/3 of the loss each year and perhaps attract a buyer.

The biggest problem is the uncertainty of what is really owed... like the tax bill. What else has been swept under the carpet?  Hence, why no one wants to put up good money unless they know they are not in big debt to start.

If we can truly cut the debt to zero, and cut the yearly loss to near zero (and my scenario does not cut it that far), then perhaps we can hold off administration and find someone who won't sell off the assets.  Who knows... perhaps Nat has some hidden money and takes the club over and names herself new manager.  Stranger things have happened.  I think a deal will be reached at the last minute with one of these groups...  but the players will have to play for less.  We may lose Wheater, Amos, Clough and Davies, but it is better than losing the club to administration (perhaps)!  Maybe the players will then try and salvage the season finishing just above bottom three.  They would be playing for their livelihoods (as they certainly have not so far)!

16Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 19:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

observer wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Chairman of Pompey at the meeting probably to give an outline of what they did and what we can expect. Overall it looks like it's clutching at straws time and there is no-one at all waiting to pounce no matter the cost. Let's hope the high earners don't cling on and get the same salaries in League 1.
Offer half wages to anyone who wants to stay and allow the others to be sold at whatever the market can bring to us.  Need to cut the wage bill in half to begin with.  There will be buyers after administration so perhaps cutting half the wages can forestall that... along with selling Clough to Manure for £3,000,000 pounds which would get us out of the tax abyss. Let anyone who thinks they can do better take a hike, and most will stay with us to collect a check.  Not many would be offered better deals elsewhere.

Half the salaries would be a cut of £8,000,000 if you believe the £16,000,000 wage bill.  That would cut out 2/3 of the loss each year and perhaps attract a buyer.

The biggest problem is the uncertainty of what is really owed... like the tax bill. What else has been swept under the carpet?  Hence, why no one wants to put up good money unless they know they are not in big debt to start.

If we can truly cut the debt to zero, and cut the yearly loss to near zero (and my scenario does not cut it that far), then perhaps we can hold off administration and find someone who won't sell off the assets.  Who knows... perhaps Nat has some hidden money and takes the club over and names herself new manager.  Stranger things have happened.  I think a deal will be reached at the last minute with one of these groups...  but the players will have to play for less.  We may lose Wheater, Amos, Clough and Davies, but it is better than losing the club to administration (perhaps)!  Maybe the players will then try and salvage the season finishing just above bottom three.  They would be playing for their livelihoods (as they certainly have not so far)!

This is all grand but let's say I am a potential buyer ....what exactly do I want here?  a club barely hanging on year after year? there does not seem to be a money making opportunity here....no chance of any future glories at this level.... why would anybody want this?  Nope the only chance is some billionaire wants a play toy with his name on it IMO.

17Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Who knows... perhaps Nat has some hidden money and takes the club over and names herself new manager.  Stranger things have happened. 

I always said you knew your stuff.

18Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 20:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hilarious if true. A bunch of cocky know it alls with influence in the board room.

19Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:28

Sorry sluffy as i know you said to know him but now i know chris peacock is one of the main players id rather go into fucking admin. Wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him, and evennif i had thw strength of hulk it wouldnt be that far.

20Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:30

y2johnny wrote:Sorry sluffy as i know you said to know him but now i know chris peacock is one of the main players id rather go into fucking admin.  Wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him, and evennif i had thw strength of hulk it wouldnt be that far.
Is he really called Crispy Cock?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum