Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Crisis - UPDATE

+17
FullofSprite
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
observer
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Sorry sluffy as i know you said to know him but now i know chris peacock is one of the main players id rather go into fucking admin.  Wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him, and evennif i had thw strength of hulk it wouldnt be that far.

I don't know him at all Johnny?

I think perhaps you've either got me mixed up with someone else or misread something I may have said about him?

To be honest I strongly suspect others very closely involved with the ST are the same people behind the Mavis forum and similarly I would not trust them one inch.

Is it any wonder the anonymity so far of those behind the venture.

I think not!

22Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Sorry sluffy as i know you said to know him but now i know chris peacock is one of the main players id rather go into fucking admin.  Wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him, and evennif i had thw strength of hulk it wouldnt be that far.
Is he really called Crispy Cock?

LOOOOOL

23Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
To be honest I strongly suspect others very closely involved with the ST are the same people behind the Mavis forum

And they've made a roaring success of that!

24Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:
Is he really called Crispy Cock?

LOOOOOL

I was a bit slow then but the penny as just dropped!

Very funny!

Very Happy

25Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:41

Im sure you mentioned you knew him or referred to him as a friend.

The guys a bellend

26Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
To be honest I strongly suspect others very closely involved with the ST are the same people behind the Mavis forum

And they've made a roaring success of that!

Good point, well made!

Very Happy

27Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Im sure you mentioned you knew him or referred to him as a friend.

The guys a bellend

No not me.

I may well have said I knew he was in the ST's eight 'anonymous' founders but no, I've never met the bloke or had any dealings with him.

(He is however part of the Mavies 'clique' who tried to take over the BWSA a couple of years back - and got kicked out after just one year!).

28Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Mon Jan 04 2016, 23:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

sluffy has said openly he was swerving the ST from the beginning and I have to say he's bang on as far as I'm concerned. They still won't tell us who they all are, there's nothing to show they actually have any money or a business plan and frankly it sounds to me like a self serving exercise in male bovine excrement from start to finish.

29Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So in summary, we still don't know anything.

30Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:22

Thanks to BD we now have a (very deserving) nickname for one of the anonymous members of it!  that's a start!

Crispy Cock

Genius BD!

31Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:22

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:So in summary, we still don't know anything.
That's about the size of it lusty. This "Supporter's Trust" still won't even tell us their own names let alone what they plan to do or how they plan to fund any bid to buy the club. Frankly they look to me to be blowing one heck of a lot of hot air with no substance to it. I would like to be wrong but the way they're dodging the simple question "Who are you?" does nothing to give me any kind of confidence in them at all. This is a dark and serious time for BWFC and needs people to provide serious and credible solutions. I don't see any reason to believe they have any of either.

32Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well another of the 'anonymous 8' is called Ian Bridge.

He was on Radio Manchester yesterday (link below).

I don't doubt his heart is in the right place but he certainly didn't present himself (or the proposed ST) well on the interview - he couldn't even remember the key speakers name for the meeting tomorrow!

I wasted an hour of my life that I wont ever get back on this waffle - but here it is if you want to listen to it yourselves -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

33Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:49

Sluffy wrote:Well another of the 'anonymous 8' is called Ian Bridge.

He was on Radio Manchester yesterday (link below).

I don't doubt his heart is in the right place but he certainly didn't present himself (or the proposed ST) well on the interview - he couldn't even remember the key speakers name for the meeting tomorrow!

I wasted an hour of my life that I wont ever get back on this waffle - but here it is if you want to listen to it yourselves -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think i will pass even with the fantastic build up to it thanks sluffy Very Happy

34Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My initial enthusiasm is waning, fast.

35Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the proposed ST relevant to the takeover v administration saga?

Are they bringing money to the table?

Perhaps we could simply declare Bolton Nuts as the BWFC Supporters Trust?

36Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:37

wanderlust wrote:How is the proposed ST relevant to the takeover v administration saga?

Are they bringing money to the table?

Perhaps we could simply declare Bolton Nuts as the BWFC Supporters Trust?

This is the bit I'm wondering about.

There seems to have been some subtle collective "leap of consciousness" over the last couple of weeks, which has seen the ST go from being simply an opportunity for fans to explore the possibility of establishing some sort of on-going dialogue with the club's ownership to them (the ST) suddenly being considered as potential new owners themselves.

How did that happen?

And the (shady) people involved in it haven't exactly gone out of their way to dispel that kind of talk.

As I've always maintained, I think it's just a bunch of the usual nerdy suspects who are loving the opportunity for a bit of self-promotion and 15 minutes of (parochial) fame.

37Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:As I've always maintained, I think it's just a bunch of the usual nerdy suspects who are loving the opportunity for a bit of self-promotion and 15 minutes of (parochial) fame.

Do you think it's too late to get a piece of the action?

38Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:44

You or me?

39Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy to go together.

40Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:51

But that would involve my getting off my arse, leaving the comfort of my armchair and actually doing something and we both know that's not my M.O.

No chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum